SECCG Menu

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Will have a crowded house for the game so finger food gets the nod.

Shrimp boil - Shrimp, red potatoes, corn on the cob, hot link sausages

3-4 dozen of those sloppy joe in biscuit cups from Oysterman

West Indies salad on endive leaves - pick em up and gobble them down again from Oysterman

onion dip & chips

Salsa & chips

Cold beer & drinks

New Additions: Nick (bamapeppy) is bringing a quart of pickled quail eggs and a pan of fresh made Hog Head cheese It's not really cheese and he doesn't use a hog head he uses boston butts and it is really good stuff. :)

Last edited:
Glad I could contribute to the Bayou household SECCG menu :biggrin2:

I'm making a pot of Chowder, gonna make half of it with clams, and half of it with some gator meat.

Fried Gator Tail with Swamp Sauce

Black Bean/Corn Salsa with Feta Cheese and chips

Gonna be a lot of finger food at the house. I'm just glad to be off work.

RT1622

Sep 30, 2008
Tuscaloosa
I have never written on the Grilling and Chilling board... but here's my first post. I'll be in Atlanta at my girlfriend's house. She is an awesome cook and will be making some of our tailgating favorites.

Buffalo Chicken Dip
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Pulled Pork
Mac N' Cheese Lasagna
Smoked chicken wings
Houndstooth Red Velvet Cake A's

It's a lot of food but just delicious!

BAMAFAN IN NY

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2007
Watertown, NY
www.myspace.com
I have never written on the Grilling and Chilling board... but here's my first post. I'll be in Atlanta at my girlfriend's house. She is an awesome cook and will be making some of our tailgating favorites.

Buffalo Chicken Dip
Jalapeno Popper Dip
Pulled Pork
Mac N' Cheese Lasagna
Smoked chicken wings
Houndstooth Red Velvet Cake A's

It's a lot of food but just delicious!

Ok.. Good first post, but you gotta tell us how to make em. Particularly, Jalepeno popper dip, mac and cheese lasagna, and houndstooth red velvet cake A's.

RT1622

Sep 30, 2008
Tuscaloosa
Sorry it has taken me a while. I won't see my girlfriend till this weekend, so I can't get exact recipes until then. But I can describe to you what she does for the jalapeno popper dip because I can actually help her make it, its easy enough for me to do it. The only thing is my girlfriend is more of a "toss a little in and a pinch of this" cook, so she never has exact recipes. But she makes awesome baked jalapeno poppers, so she thought it would awesome to make it in a dip. It has fresh jalapenos, pickled jalapenos, sausage, cream cheese, ranch, rotel tomatoes, and bacon. Pretty much this is my guess at the dip. But its all about how spicy you like it. Hope this helps!

Jalapeno Popper Dip
-1 package of Cream cheese (softened)
-1/2 cup of Ranch
-1/2 a tube of sage sausage... cook it into small pieces
-6 pieces of crumbled bacon
-1/2 can of rotel tomatoes (drained)
-Salt and Pepper to taste
-3 fresh jalapenos chopped and 1/2 cup of pickled jalapenos
-A couple dashes of hot sauce
-Mix all ingredients together and spread in glass bakeware dish
-Sprinkle mozzarella and parmesan cheese on top
-Panko bread crumbs: I have never heard of these until I met her, but they are really crispy japanese bread crumbs that she sprinkles on top for the deep fried jalapeno popper effect.

Bake on 400 covered with tin foil for 25 minutes, then take the tin foil off so the top gets nice and brown and bubbly.

Also, the houndstooth red velvet cakes are something festive she brings to every Alabama game when we tailgate. She bought the "A" cake tins at Alumni Hall in the new shopping center near Iguana grill in Tuscaloosa. But obviously the houndstooth isn't exact, but it works! I uploaded a picture on my albums of the cakes. So if you want to see them just go to my profile and look at the album food.

Hope some of this helps. I'll try to get her on here to post specifics.

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
Well considering last year I had a final in Montgomery the day of the game and I had to listen to the game on the radio, I or may I say my family and closed circle of Bama friends and fans are throwing down, starting at 3am Saturday, with just me and a couple of cousin's who are getting the boston butts started.

While snow is in the forecast for North Al., 3ea of 8 lb. boston butt's are going on the smoker. 8 racks of ribs, 3 drunken chickens for wife and a few other women, 10 lbs of hot wings and 72 atomic buffalo turds.

For dessert, The OysterMan's- Caramel Pie, Bayou Tider's- Sour Cream Cake, BamaGoose's- Crimson Tide Cherry Cream Pie, Mrs. BamaGoose's- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins.

Drinks will consist of Plenty of Beer, Gentleman Jack, shots of Red Headed Sluts and cola and Milo's Tea for the non-alcoholic drinkers.

Islander

1st Team
Jul 18, 2008
Hoover or Dauphin Island
Dare I ask what an Atomic Buffalo .... is?:biggrin:

Well considering last year I had a final in Montgomery the day of the game and I had to listen to the game on the radio, I or may I say my family and closed circle of Bama friends and fans are throwing down, starting at 3am Saturday, with just me and a couple of cousin's who are getting the boston butts started.

While snow is in the forecast for North Al., 3ea of 8 lb. boston butt's are going on the smoker. 8 racks of ribs, 3 drunken chickens for wife and a few other women, 10 lbs of hot wings and 72 atomic buffalo turds.

For dessert, The OysterMan's- Caramel Pie, Bayou Tider's- Sour Cream Cake, BamaGoose's- Crimson Tide Cherry Cream Pie, Mrs. BamaGoose's- Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Muffins.

Drinks will consist of Plenty of Beer, Gentleman Jack, shots of Red Headed Sluts and cola and Milo's Tea for the non-alcoholic drinkers.

BamaGoose

Suspended
Dec 7, 1999
Meridianville, Al.
Dare I ask what an Atomic Buffalo .... is?:biggrin:
Appetizer Recipe: Atomic Buffalo Turds

There are several variations of the ABT's. I like to use the jalapeno cooker that you can buy at Bass Pro Shop. I cook my ABT's whole instead of cutting them lengthwise.

http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product_10151_-1_10001_104245____SearchResults

It is easier to load the cooker with Jalapeno's after they are cored, then I stuff them with Sausage that has been cooked and drained mixed with cream cheese. I can't cook enough of these at big or small party's.

Bama and Barn game last week, 4 of us ate 50 ABT's during the game. I either smoked them at 250 degrees for an hour or just bake them in an oven at 350 for 20-30 minutes. It really depends how done you want the pepper. I like the smaller peppers the best because they pack the most heat.

Last edited:

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
Had to double my game day baking today (felt we needed the extra luck). Was up early & baking batch after batch of Christmas cookies & fudge. I'm way too nervous to even eat any of it though! RTR!!!

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
We ran out of food LOL. 4 Bama fans, 4 Longhorn fans, 2 LSU fans and 2 Oregon fans by way of Alaska. We ordered pizza and hot wings for the Texas game.

bayoutider

Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
Appetizer Recipe: Atomic Buffalo Turds

There are several variations of the ABT's. I like to use the jalapeno cooker that you can buy at Bass Pro Shop. I cook my ABT's whole instead of cutting them lengthwise.

King Kooker 36 Hole Jalapeo Rack with Corer Set

It is easier to load the cooker with Jalapeno's after they are cored, then I stuff them with Sausage that has been cooked and drained mixed with cream cheese. I can't cook enough of these at big or small party's.

Bama and Barn game last week, 4 of us ate 50 ABT's during the game. I either smoked them at 250 degrees for an hour or just bake them in an oven at 350 for 20-30 minutes. It really depends how done you want the pepper. I like the smaller peppers the best because they pack the most heat.
I have 4 jalapeno cookers a welder made for me out of stainless steel. 2X24 & 2X36 holes. I do mine like the picture, I cut the top out and remove the seeds and membrane inside then stuff them with whatever is handy. Believe it or not cream cheese and pineapple is becoming a favorite around here. Heat and sweet is hard to beat.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.