Are you expecting an easy win vs. Texas?

What kind of game are you expecting against Texas?

• Blowout for Bama (3 or more scores)

Votes: 13 3.8%
  • Comfortable win for Bama (2 scores)

Votes: 118 34.9%
  • Close win for Bama (1 score)

Votes: 156 46.2%
  • Toss-up

Votes: 37 10.9%
  • Texas win

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters

CapitalTider

All-American
Jun 8, 2004
Vienna, VA
I expected the Texas fans to be like the VaTech fans. I was wrong. I didn't think a national championship victory could get sweeter, but I find myself wanting to win more and more. And not just win, totally dominate. Hope the team is thinking the same.
If I didn't know a number of Horns fans I'd have a dim view of the fanbase. Fortunately the ones I know have always been nothing but respectful of the Alabama program. I suppose we've just had a bad run.

TideFan in AU

Hall of Fame
I don't understand why Bama fans want to underrate Texas #1 run D. By that same logic couldnt I say Alabama played no good run defenses? Since Bama only played 1 top 35 run D this year.
A lot of them were rated a lot higher before they played us!:) The only thing most of wonder if Texas has played some strong running teams. If not, the numbers can be misleading.
Posted via Mobile Device

GMacFan

Suspended
Oct 3, 2009
If I didn't know a number of Horns fans I'd have a dim view of the fanbase. Fortunately the ones I know have always been nothing but respectful of the Alabama program. I suppose we've just had a bad run.
Its hard for true Bama and Texas fans not to be respectful to eachother. We both know the value of tradition. We both know that football is cyclical and its whoever makes the most out of opportunities when they arise that will be remembered, and that you can't expect a golden opportunity every season. We are both the flagship universities of our respective states, and we come from regions with similar values. We also both see a problem when we're not competing for national championships.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I don't understand why Bama fans want to underrate Texas #1 run D. By that same logic couldnt I say Alabama played no good run defenses? Since Bama only played 1 top 35 run D this year.
LOOK nobody here is underrating Texas don't get your spurs all twisted up. This is an ALABAMA message board and you may read things you do not agree with but with that do not expect to change our opinions of OUR TEAM and do not expect ME to give YOU a stage to argue on. This is not a smack board if you want one say so and I will supply you with a list of message boards that will be more to your liking. NOW READ THE STICKY THREAD AT THE TOP and our board rules. I am getting a bit grumpy with some of you Texans.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Aww, c'mon. You mean Texas fans. I'm a Texan, but a lifelong Bama fan. Don't lump us all together like that. ;)
You know he doesn't mean TX-resident Bama fans. However, all can ditto me in with Rich on this. This is primarily a board for Bama fans to discuss Bama football. I don't mind visitors with sense of decorum and some modicum of football knowledge, but some of the stuff I've been seeing is just clutter on our boards. For example, one UT fan linked footage from our AU game showing seven on the line, two CBs cheated up to within a couple of yards behind the CBs. To him, this was proof that AU wasn't jamming the line against the run. We're not going to waste time on pot-stirring posts which do nothing except demonstrate the football ignorance of the poster. IOW, bring something knowledgeable to the table, and bring it good-naturedly, or don't come to the table at all. Pot-stirrers are going to be going out the window with no warning...

ABamaManNTX

1st Team
Feb 6, 2005
In answer to the question asked in this post: NO. It is NOT going to be easy. If you don't think Texas will be ready for Bama, you need to do some more thinking.

I hope Bama is in the right frame of mind: a NASTY one! Cause Texas is going to be sky high to beat the Crimson Tide. They know Bama had the Heisman Trophy winner and are the favorites. They are going to come out in an _ _ s kicking mood. Bama better be ready to counteract this or it could be another Utah, i.e. an embarrasing loss.

If you think the state of Florida has great athletes, you need to come to Texas. The state of Texas provides athletes to Universities throughout the nation. Bama even has one at QB. And the University of Texas almost always gets the BEST of the BEST in the state.

Here's hoping that Coach Saban has Bama ready and even that may not be good enough.

I was worried about the Tennessee and Auburn games. I felt very confident in the Bama game vs Florida. If you read my post the night before, I said that I was going to bed and sleep like a baby. I was that confident.

I am more concerned/worried about the University of Texas than I was when Bama played Tennessee or the Barn!

Wake up guys this is NOT going to be easy. McCoy could come out and throw for 4 or 5 TD's and run in another 2, hopefully not like the one against A & M.

Here's hoping that the Tide can get it done. The Tide may need to score 50+ points to do it. Can Bama do that??????????????????

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
In answer to the question asked in this post: NO. It is NOT going to be easy. If you don't think Texas will be ready for Bama, you need to do some more thinking.

I hope Bama is in the right frame of mind: a NASTY one! Cause Texas is going to be sky high to beat the Crimson Tide. They know Bama had the Heisman Trophy winner and are the favorites. They are going to come out in an _ _ s kicking mood. Bama better be ready to counteract this or it could be another Utah, i.e. an embarrasing loss.

If you think the state of Florida has great athletes, you need to come to Texas. The state of Texas provides athletes to Universities throughout the nation. Bama even has one at QB. And the University of Texas almost always gets the BEST of the BEST in the state.

Here's hoping that Coach Saban has Bama ready and even that may not be good enough.

I was worried about the Tennessee and Auburn games. I felt very confident in the Bama game vs Florida. If you read my post the night before, I said that I was going to bed and sleep like a baby. I was that confident.

I am more concerned/worried about the University of Texas than I was when Bama played Tennessee or the Barn!

Wake up guys this is NOT going to be easy. McCoy could come out and throw for 4 or 5 TD's and run in another 2, hopefully not like the one against A & M.

Here's hoping that the Tide can get it done. The Tide may need to score 50+ points to do it. Can Bama do that??????????????????
I don't think we'll have to score 50 pts against any team in America. Sorry...

VirginiaTider22

3rd Team
Nov 30, 2006
We win. Texas has a good D. Nick Saban has more class than Texas and doesn't feel the need to run up the score or inflate stats for individuals. I guess because we play real teams and don't need to skew our rankings by throwing up fourty/fifty on:

Louisiana-Monroe W 59-20
at Wyoming W 41-10
UTEP W 64-7
at Baylor W 47-14
Kansas W 51-20
UCF W 35-3
at Missouri W 41-7
Colorado W 38-14
Texas Tech W 34-24
LOL = at Texas A&M W 49-39 <---That D was on FIYAH that night

On a side note: Kind of hard to inflate numbers against decent D's
at (21) Nebraska W 13-12

Talk about bravado!

Mack Brown is a classless ..... We had some lop sided scores but never kept our starters in or heisman hopeful to inflate stats and throw the ball all over the field up 30 in the forth. Its OK to beat a team by forty if your starters are on the sidelines. You cant tell a backup to lay down and let the other team score, nor can you tell your reserves on O to quit trying. I have lost a lot of respect for teams that follow this mold. Funny thing is Colt still did't win the Heisman. A guy who was splitting time with another excellent player did however. Imagine if MI would have gotten all those touches as the only RB in the rotation. His numbers would have been rediculous and the media would have had nothing to say negatively about him.

We played a 1, 7, 9, 20 and a 22
Still Ranked: VT (12), LSU (13), FL (5)

They played: 13, 20, 21

Still Ranked 1: OK St(21) and look at their schedule. Sweet lord talk about not deserving to be ranked. One loss to a still ranked team. Guess who, thats right Texas. What a joke.

Texas = Tebow. Just because the media vomits how good they are all over the masses doesn't make them 2 in the nation. Any Texas fan should admit they play a joke schedule and abused mediocrity all season.

I just honestly cant see all the hype for this team. Look at who they played with that imaginary number 1 ranked D. Look at who they inflated stats on with that stat shattering O. C'mon, do you guys really think they deserve to even be in this game. The media placed them there for marketing purposes. They know they will bring in big money with a BAMA/HORN game. I have watched the games and I just don't see it.

It will be a close game by score, but never a close game on the field of play. We win by 17. Anything can happen but I am usually not wrong. I will have a huge bowl of salty crow to eat if we do not win, but Im not worried in the least.

TCU is the best team in the state of Texas.
Ranked opponent wins still in the top 25:

TCU: BYU and the Utes (14, 24)> Texas: Ok. St (18):eek: This should make even Texas fans sick.

Talk about unfair. This is the number one argument for a playoff system in my opinion.

I hope this is not considered smack. These are facts/stats. The Mack Brown thing is my personal opinion and he did indeed do the things stated. Sorry, but he is in the same category as Coach Urban Myer in my opinion. I have been on the underside of beatings in High School Football and I would never do it to another team. I have taken a knee inside the opponents 20 on many occasions. Much like Bama did this year in a REALLY big game against an opponent that would not have done the same had roles been reversed IMHO. That is class and the way the game should be coached.

Last edited:

jps1983

Hall of Fame
Aug 30, 2006
We win. Texas has a good D. Nick Saban has more class than Texas and doesn't feel the need to run up the score or inflate stats for individuals. I guess because we play real teams and don't need to skew our rankings by throwing up fourty/fifty on:

Louisiana-Monroe W 59-20
at Wyoming W 41-10
UTEP W 64-7
at Baylor W 47-14
Kansas W 51-20
UCF W 35-3
at Missouri W 41-7
Colorado W 38-14
Texas Tech W 34-24
LOL = at Texas A&M W 49-39 <---That D was on FIYAH that night

On a side note: Kind of hard to inflate numbers against decent D's
at (21) Nebraska W 13-12

Talk about bravado!

Mack Brown is a classless ..... We had some lop sided scores but never kept our starters in or heisman hopeful to inflate stats and throw the ball all over the field up 30 in the forth. Its OK to beat a team by forty if your starters are on the sidelines. You cant tell a backup to lay down and let the other team score, nor can you tell your reserves on O to quit trying. I have lost a lot of respect for teams that follow this mold. Funny thing is Colt still did't win the Heisman. A guy who was splitting time with another excellent player did however. Imagine if MI would have gotten all those touches as the only RB in the rotation. His numbers would have been rediculous and the media would have had nothing to say negatively about him.

We played a 1, 7, 9, 20 and a 22
Still Ranked: VT (12), LSU (13), FL (5)

They played: 13, 20, 21

Still Ranked 1: OK St(21) and look at their schedule. Sweet lord talk about not deserving to be ranked. One loss to a still ranked team. Guess who, thats right Texas. What a joke.

Texas = Tebow. Just because the media vomits how good they are all over the masses doesn't make them 2 in the nation. Any Texas fan should admit they play a joke schedule and abused mediocrity all season.

I just honestly cant see all the hype for this team. Look at who they played with that imaginary number 1 ranked D. Look at who they inflated stats on with that stat shattering O. C'mon, do you guys really think they deserve to even be in this game. The media placed them there for marketing purposes. They know they will bring in big money with a BAMA/HORN game. I have watched the games and I just don't see it.

It will be a close game by score, but never a close game on the field of play. We win by 17. Anything can happen but I am usually not wrong. I will have a huge bowl of salty crow to eat if we do not win, but Im not worried in the least.

TCU is the best team in the state of Texas.
Ranked opponent wins still in the top 25:

TCU: BYU and the Utes (14, 24)> Texas: Ok. St (18):eek: This should make even Texas fans sick.

Talk about unfair. This is the number one argument for a playoff system in my opinion.

I hope this is not considered smack. These are facts/stats. The Mack Brown thing is my personal opinion and he did indeed do the things stated. Sorry, but he is in the same category as Coach Urban Myer in my opinion. I have been on the underside of beatings in High School Football and I would never do it to another team. I have taken a knee inside the opponents 20 on many occasions. Much like Bama did this year in a REALLY big game against an opponent that would not have done the same had roles been reversed IMHO. That is class and the way the game should be coached.
I think the A&M and Nebraska games are not fair to look at b/c UT had gone 8-9 weeks w/o a break (and the A&M game was on a shorter week than our AU game was). Neb. was also playing without a bye (don't know how many consecutive weeks they'd played tho; and not sure about when A&M had their bye). It's obvious we've played a tougher schedule, but that means nothing come Jan. 7 if our guys don't show up to play. I agree that TCU has played a tougher schedule, but again, it doesnt matter now. Our guys need to prepare like they did for UF and come with the same mindset.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I think the A&M and Nebraska games are not fair to look at b/c UT had gone 8-9 weeks w/o a break (and the A&M game was on a shorter week than our AU game was). Neb. was also playing without a bye (don't know how many consecutive weeks they'd played tho; and not sure about when A&M had their bye). It's obvious we've played a tougher schedule, but that means nothing come Jan. 7 if our guys don't show up to play. I agree that TCU has played a tougher schedule, but again, it doesnt matter now. Our guys need to prepare like they did for UF and come with the same mindset.
I really think the team will have the same mindset as they did against Florida. I don't think the leaders on the team and the coaches will let them be complacent. I fully expect both teams to be ready, but I do feel Alabama will win.

VirginiaTider22

3rd Team
Nov 30, 2006
It's obvious we've played a tougher schedule, but that means nothing come Jan. 7 if our guys don't show up to play.

I agree that anything can happen, but when predicting the future we must first look to the past. The difference between our big game experience and surviving a onslought of games as opposed to Texas is similar to saying that Texas "survived" a cold while we "survived" the swine flu.

I will never doubt that as long as this group of young men play at Alabama they will be prepared. See the post about heart, that seems to be our number one weapon and descipline a very close second. God knows I have enjoyed this season... This IS a GREAT team. No doubt.:biggrin:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It's JMHO, but I tend to think that the staff decided we could beat AU by just being vanilla and it almost bit us in the rear. If we had run the same offense against AU as we did against UF, the score would have been lopsided. OTOH, UF would have been practicing against stuff which they obviously were unprepared for. In a mini rant - I don't want to start another Danielson thread - but the Peek TD was no "gimmick play."

BAMA504

Suspended
Jun 28, 2007
It's JMHO, but I tend to think that the staff decided we could beat AU by just being vanilla and it almost bit us in the rear. If we had run the same offense against AU as we did against UF, the score would have been lopsided. OTOH, UF would have been practicing against stuff which they obviously were unprepared for. In a mini rant - I don't want to start another Danielson thread - but the Peek TD was no "gimmick play."

No it wasn't your right Earle and I wanted to jump through the screen and choke that idiot for even saying it. What was really burning me up was he kept pumpin tebow by saying G Mac was playing like tebow etc.... No the heck he wasn't tebow was getting thumped so I am glad he was playing like G Mac.....
My miny rant would have to be when those idiots kept saying G Mac was the man we didn't want and the only reason he was here was tebow signed with uf... Not to burst their bubble but we had actually had the kid who went to miami (cannot think of his name to save my life but its on the tip of my tongue) we swapped him for G Mac after viewing the film. Now I am not foolish to think if tebow signed with us G Mac would have as well but he certainly was not the guy nobody wanted heck TT had him first~!~

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.