BBQ / Meat: Need a new recipe for Pork Tenderloin

BAMAFAN IN NY

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2007
Watertown, NY
www.myspace.com
This is a recipe from ALTON BROWN that i use every time i grill pork tenderloin. Its easy and I love it.
LINK
Ingredients

• 1 whole pork tenderloin, approximately 1 pound
  • 1 lime, zest finely grated
  • 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
  • 1/4 cup honey
  • 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
  • 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
  • 1 chipotle chile pepper in adobo sauce
  • 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
  • 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro leaves
Directions

Trim the pork tenderloin of any excess fat and silver skin.
Place the lime zest, lime juice, honey, salt, and garlic powder in a small, lidded jar and shake to combine. Pour half of the marinade mixture into a 1-gallon resealable bag, add the chipotle pepper, and move around to combine. Add the pork tenderloin to the bag and seal, removing as much air as possible and place in a container to catch any leaks. Marinate in the refrigerator for 6 to 24 hours, rotating the bag halfway through the time. Place the remaining marinade in a covered container and refrigerate until ready to use.
Remove the tenderloin from the bag and allow to sit at room temperature while preparing the grill. Remove the reserved marinade from the refrigerator.
Fill a large chimney starter with natural lump charcoal and light. Once the charcoal is ashy and white, approximately 30 minutes, dump the hot charcoal onto the lowest grate of the grill and spread into an even layer using extra-long tongs. Place the cooking grate back on the grill and cover with the lid; heat the grate to medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes.
Brush the grill with vegetable oil. Remove the tenderloin from the bag and place in the center of grate. Discard bag with marinade. Cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes, turning every 1 1/2 to 2 minutes, until the tenderloin reaches an internal temperature of 140 degrees F.
Remove the tenderloin from the grill and place on a large piece of heavy-duty aluminum foil folded at the edges to create a basket, and pour on the reserved marinade. Wrap tightly and rest for 10 minutes. Remove to a cutting board and slice. Garnish with cilantro and serve.

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I cooked one a couple of days ago that my son picked up at Sam's Club. All we did was tie the two tenderloins together, rub with some olive oil, some kosher salt, black&red pepper then kind of rolled it around in some Tone's garlic & rosemary seasoning.

This is one of my go to seasonings and is delicious on root vegetables tossed in some olive oil, seasoned then cooked in the oven or on the grill. Very nice on fish, chicken, pork and lamb too.

Islander

1st Team
Jul 18, 2008
Hoover or Dauphin Island
I have seen that seasoning in Sam's, but was leery of trying such a large container. Thanks to you Bayou & to BF in NY-you guys never disappoint. There has to be a keeper in these recipes. There were 4 tenderloins in the package-I may just try two different recipes for the same meal.:)

bayoutider

Administrator Emeritus & Chef-in-Chief
Oct 13, 1999
Tidefans.com
I have seen that seasoning in Sam's, but was leery of trying such a large container. Thanks to you Bayou & to BF in NY-you guys never disappoint. There has to be a keeper in these recipes. There were 4 tenderloins in the package-I may just try two different recipes for the same meal.:)
Yes I think there were two packages inside one with two tenderloin pieces in each package.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.