Question: RV Parking for Penn State vs Alabama 2010 Clash

wearePSU

Dec 14, 2009
Hey Guys,

I know it's a little early to be asking about next season already considering the first bowl game of '09 hasn't even been played yet, but I don't want to miss out on RV parking for next year's epic clash between Penn State vs Alabama down at Tuscaloosa. It's a long drive for my friends and I down to Tuscaloosa, so I want to make sure everything is planned out in advance to minimize the amount of unexpected issues arising. I've never been to UA, but I figured RV parking is similar to how Penn State does there's. Any recommendations on where to park? I'd prefer to park (if possible) within walking distance to the stadium. When are we able to purchase single RV parking permits, and who should we contact to purchase the permit? Are there RV hook-ups in all lots?

Looking forward to next year's game between two powerhouse football programs. Good luck to you guys in your bowl game.

M.Harbin

Scout Team
Dec 4, 2000
Arab, Alabama, USA
I saw this on the Tide Pride page. Your best bet is away from campus somewhere. Sometime in the summer of 2010, try the GameDay site.

*** IMPORTANT - 2010 PARKING CHANGES - PLEASE READ ***

The South End Zone addition to Bryant-Denny Stadium will not only have implications on stadium seating, but also on game day parking. As a result of additional stadium seating, the new South End Zone will require approximately 950 new car parking spaces.

Car parking will continue to remain an amenity for the following TIDE PRIDE clubs: Ivory, Skyboxes, Scholarship, North Zone, Crimson Tide and Field Suite packages. The TIDE PRIDE club level will determine who receives a parking pass; however, parking lot locations will now be assigned based on TIDE TOTALS priority points. This change will be consistent with other TIDE PRIDE procedures such as seat changes, road game and post season allocations.

In order to accommodate the 950 car spaces required for the South End Expansion, a new parking lot will be built on the Bryce Hospital property. The Bryce Hospital lot will be located south of the Recreation Center lot along Campus Drive. The primary motor home lots for this upcoming season will be Tutwiler (20 hookup spaces), Coleman Coliseum (103 spaces), and Bryce Hospital (250 spaces). All motor home spaces will be assigned by TIDE TOTALS priority points.

TIDE PRIDE donors will have the capability of purchasing motor home passes at a later date. Further information will be sent to motor home donors as soon as specific information is available.

noondoggie

Scout Team
Jun 25, 2007
I saw this on the Tide Pride page. Your best bet is away from campus somewhere. Sometime in the summer of 2010, try the GameDay site.

*** IMPORTANT - 2010 PARKING CHANGES - PLEASE READ ***

The South End Zone addition to Bryant-Denny Stadium will not only have implications on stadium seating, but also on game day parking. As a result of additional stadium seating, the new South End Zone will require approximately 950 new car parking spaces.

Car parking will continue to remain an amenity for the following TIDE PRIDE clubs: Ivory, Skyboxes, Scholarship, North Zone, Crimson Tide and Field Suite packages. The TIDE PRIDE club level will determine who receives a parking pass; however, parking lot locations will now be assigned based on TIDE TOTALS priority points. This change will be consistent with other TIDE PRIDE procedures such as seat changes, road game and post season allocations.

In order to accommodate the 950 car spaces required for the South End Expansion, a new parking lot will be built on the Bryce Hospital property. The Bryce Hospital lot will be located south of the Recreation Center lot along Campus Drive. The primary motor home lots for this upcoming season will be Tutwiler (20 hookup spaces), Coleman Coliseum (103 spaces), and Bryce Hospital (250 spaces). All motor home spaces will be assigned by TIDE TOTALS priority points.

TIDE PRIDE donors will have the capability of purchasing motor home passes at a later date. Further information will be sent to motor home donors as soon as specific information is available.
:BigA: Hi M.Harbin,
WOW that is a big change, parking based on Tide Pride point totals!
Where is this from and where can I get more information? I would love to see the layout of the new Bryce lot and if they are keeping any of the smaller RV lots our friends park in.
Guess it is time to buy some more Tide Pride points so I can keep my Coleman space!

Thanks for the update,
ROLL TIDE

M.Harbin

Scout Team
Dec 4, 2000
Arab, Alabama, USA
Hey Pat. It's on RollTide.com over at Tide Pride. I think it was in the Tide Pride renewal as well, on the 2010 Tide Pride Information page (lower left corner).

Are you going to California? If so, lets hook up before the game. My son and I are flying out on the 6th.

RTR, Mitch

noondoggie

Scout Team
Jun 25, 2007
Thanks Mitch,
I will look it up on Roll tide.com.
Yes I am flying out on the 4th and will be staying with my brother in Thousand Oaks. I'll pm you my cell#.

ROLL TIDE:BigA:

BamaRV

BamaNation Citizen
Jun 19, 2007
Roswell, GA
...The primary motor home lots for this upcoming season will be Tutwiler (20 hookup spaces), Coleman Coliseum (103 spaces), and Bryce Hospital (250 spaces). All motor home spaces will be assigned by TIDE TOTALS priority points.
This doesn't mention anything about Lots 1 - 9 so I wonder if they will remain or not?

If not, then there are currently 209 available spots at Coleman and 245 in Lots 1 - 9 for a total of 454. The quote only mentions 353 available spots so that leaves them 92 spots short from this year.

If they use Tide Totals, I'll get a spot before most that we tailgate with but some of us may not even get in. This could be a nightmare!

wearePSU

Dec 14, 2009
Thanks for the responses CRMSNTD & M.Harbin. I have a few more questions for you guys if you don't mind.

So for the off-campus RV lots, do they provide transportation to and from the lot to the stadium? Does the Crimson Tide Transit System reach out there?

Does anyone have any recommendations as far as which off-campus lot is the best? UA list several off-campus options none of which we are familiar with. We're looking for the lot that offers the best tailgating experience and is closest to the stadium. I'm sure we could also purchase an on-campus RV permit from someone in advance. Is there an exclusive online UA ticket/permit exchange site?

The UA Gameday site also made note of 1 free RV lot, the old Northington Campus lot. Their policy is first come first serve. I noticed they open on Thursday. Would we be out of luck arriving sometime Friday evening?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.

CRMSNTD

BamaNation Citizen
Sep 27, 2004
Thanks for the responses CRMSNTD & M.Harbin. I have a few more questions for you guys if you don't mind.

So for the off-campus RV lots, do they provide transportation to and from the lot to the stadium? Does the Crimson Tide Transit System reach out there?

Does anyone have any recommendations as far as which off-campus lot is the best? UA list several off-campus options none of which we are familiar with. We're looking for the lot that offers the best tailgating experience and is closest to the stadium. I'm sure we could also purchase an on-campus RV permit from someone in advance. Is there an exclusive online UA ticket/permit exchange site?

The UA Gameday site also made note of 1 free RV lot, the old Northington Campus lot. Their policy is first come first serve. I noticed they open on Thursday. Would we be out of luck arriving sometime Friday evening?

Your assistance is greatly appreciated.
Campus RV parking is not available without a permit (expensive & non-transferable) and there is a waiting list. As for transportation...yes. Northington on Friday night...possible You should try the Marine sponsored lot downtown...proceeds go to a good cause.

MKAlaw4ua9195

3rd Team
Dec 11, 2003
Birmingham
abernathylaw.com
mitch: been trying to coordinate rv parking at rose bowl, as i think we will be outnumbered by texas (due to distance). I will be there all week.

PSU: can let you know secret bout tusc rv parking n xcng 4 info on where to park RV in HapVal in 2111. was there in 89 when we had the "Desperation Block" but was a lowly student at Bama who slept n PSU dorm, but hit every party n town.

Maybe I'll stay just sober enough to climb Mount Nittany w them this time.;)

wearePSU

Dec 14, 2009
Thanks for the help, CRMSNTD.

MKAlaw4ua9195,

Although I've never tailgated with a RV at PSU, RV parking seems to be an easier process than at UA mainly because we aren't located in a metropolitan area and we have a tremendous amount of open space, i.e. intramural fields. I recommend checking out the Penn State's official athletic site (Tickets - Penn State University Official Athletic Site) for info on RV overnight parking. The 2009 stadium parking map can be found at the following URL address: Penn State - Penn State University Official Athletic Site. I don't expect any parking changes between the 2009 and 2010 seasons.

RV parking has always been done on a first-come, first-served basis. The nice feature about parking in general at Penn State games is that all parking can be accommodated on-campus, so there is no need for additional transportation to the stadium. Just stumble or walk (depending on how much you drank) right on up to the stadium right before game time.

The only grudge I have with tailgating at Penn State is that alcohol is banned between kick-off and the final whistle of the game (this is a recent policy enacted within the past few years), which is disheartening for those who are unable to purchase tickets to the game. Campus police, State College PD, and PA State Troopers actually patrol the fields. However, they tend to turn the other check if you carry on your tailgating festivities in a dignified, reserved manner. They're mainly on the look out for rowdy college students. If they do approach you, don't worry. Even they know this rule is total BS. Chances are they'll politely ask you to refrain from drinking. You won't be ticketed. Plus, you could always play it off that you're a visiting fan and aren't familiar with the rules.

The tailgating experience at Happy Valley is like no other. I'm sure you'll enjoy your time there. Visiting fans are always treated with the utmost respect. Where else can you tailgate with 110,000 of your friends?

I've done my part, so what's the secret?

parkingguy

Jan 1, 2010
We have several RV lots within walking distance of the stadium, including the former Marines lot. We have sold several single game passes to Penn State fans and are trying to keep them close to one another. Give me a call if you still need an RV spot for that weekend. Our website is Intelligent Parking Systems.

David Cochran Jr
205-991-6900

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.