Game Thread: #10 Arkansas @ #23 TAMU (9/24 @ 6p | ESPN)

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Arkansas‘ response to the loss will be interesting.

They might be emotionally spent on a game they should have won.

They might be angry, looking to prove that they really are a Top 10 team, and laser-focused.

We’ll see.

FWIW, very early (as in, Sunday 9/25 at 10AM) point spread is Alabama by 15.5. Whether it moves will also be interesting.

Last edited:
Reactions: TideEngineer08

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Arkansas‘ response to the loss will be interesting.

They might be emotionally spent on a game they should have won.

They might be angry, looking to prove that they really are a Top 10 team, and laser-focused.

We’ll see. Very early (as in, Sunday 9/25 at 10AM) point spread is Alabama by 15.5.
I don't like that spread. But I can't tell people how to be parted with their money. If they want to burn it, I can't stop them.

The psychological aspect of this sport intrigues me about as much as X's and O's. And last night I was leaning towards wanting Arky to lose so as to take some wind out of their sails heading into what would have been an absolute nightmare environment for us in Fayetteville. Remember how it was the last time they were this good? 2010. We won by the skin of our teeth that day.

Now, after giving it more thought, I worry about what you mention. Yeah, they've been knocked down a peg, but now they'll be more in survival mode. In the end, it's going to be more about us and our mental preparation. We will need to be ready for war. No less difficult than Austin was, but hopefully this time without us shooting ourselves in the foot over and over.

Reactions: BamaFlum

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
I don't like that spread. But I can't tell people how to be parted with their money. If they want to burn it, I can't stop them.

The psychological aspect of this sport intrigues me about as much as X's and O's. And last night I was leaning towards wanting Arky to lose so as to take some wind out of their sails heading into what would have been an absolute nightmare environment for us in Fayetteville. Remember how it was the last time they were this good? 2010. We won by the skin of our teeth that day.

Now, after giving it more thought, I worry about what you mention. Yeah, they've been knocked down a peg, but now they'll be more in survival mode. In the end, it's going to be more about us and our mental preparation. We will need to be ready for war. No less difficult than Austin was, but hopefully this time without us shooting ourselves in the foot over and over.
The game in Austin isn’t close if we don’t make sooo many mistakes. That will be crucial point for our success.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Most definitely need heads in the game. Prime upset scenario IMO.

STONECOLDSABAN

All-American
Sep 21, 2007
Mobile, AL

Thats one way to look at it. But I feel like if they had won against A&M. A lot of people on this board would be going "LOOK OUT GUYS THEY HAVE MOMENTUM AND THEIR FANS ARE GONNA BE RABID" Not only did they lose the game, but they also lost to a rival in extremely gut-wrenching fashion. Psychologically, it's not always easy for a team to overcome that kind of loss in one week.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Thats one way to look at it. But I feel like if they had won against A&M. A lot of people on this board would be going "LOOK OUT GUYS THEY HAVE MOMENTUM AND THEIR FANS ARE GONNA BE RABID" Not only did they lose the game, but they also lost to a rival in extremely gut-wrenching fashion. Psychologically, it's not always easy for a team to overcome that kind of loss in one week.
If the pig coaching staff has them coming out with their hair on fire, Arkansas needs to grant them honorary masters degrees in psychology.

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
Corso picked the piglets to beat us already.
I’d bet my left “little-piggie” on this thought…
If the talking-heads who pick (straight-up) against Alabama, actually had to put up $1k of their own money when they made the pick…not one of them would typically pick Alabama to lose…ever!!!
They are simply playing the contrarian and being controversial because they have no skin in the game.

Reactions: teamplayer and Con

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
I’d bet my left “little-piggie” on this thought…
If the talking-heads who pick (straight-up) against Alabama, actually had to put up $1k of their own money when they made the pick…not one of them would typically pick Alabama to lose…ever!!!
They are simply playing the contrarian and being controversial because they have no skin in the game.
This would make the Gameday picks much more interesting.

Reactions: teamplayer

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
We definitely have a tough October with four straight teams that I think are top 25 quality, and two of them are on the road. It will be very tough to survive October without a loss, but I hope we can get it done because it just makes the margin for error for reaching the playoffs so much smaller with a loss. I'd love another undefeated regular season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.