2 Sources - Saban’s Positive was a False Positive

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
If true, do they do the 3 PCR tests as follow up for each player who tests positive? Although, if the last testing is on Thursdays then I guess the player still could not play on Saturday unless the first PCR test is also on Thursday. Just curious.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
And dollars to donuts regardless of how true this is, this will be attacked like wolves on social media and by some in the media as Alabama getting special treatment. "The COVID magically is gone before the big game."
The reality is that this was always a no-win situation for Alabama. Saban is positive - he doesn't coach. Saban is false positive - this was rigged by the SEC and Alabama.

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
If true, do they do the 3 PCR tests as follow up for each player who tests positive? Although, if the last testing is on Thursdays then I guess the player still could not play on Saturday unless the first PCR test is also on Thursday. Just curious.
I would assume they would do this for a player also if they are asymptomatic. They already test every day (I even heard maybe twice per day). If someone gets a false positive, it only makes sense that you would clear them with some negative tests. If you really test positive, I doubt you would get negative tests so soon. I have heard that in some cases once you have COVID-19 you can test positive for months even though you are no longer contagious.

At any rate, I certainly do hope that it was indeed a false positive and he has received negative tests since then. He will need to have 2 negative tests within 24 hours of the game to be cleared, so there may be another test tonight...

Reactions: GP for Bama

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Any chance the lab that administers our tests and/or interprets the results is located in... Georgia??? 😲 LOL!!

Why care about the social media or talking head response? It would serve them right for how they likely responded when the initial diagnosis was released.

Reactions: The Ols

Alanbama27

All-American
Sep 24, 2003
Hoover, Alabama, USA
Supposedly the PCR yesterday was negative and they were awaiting today’s test. I thought it was important enough to post it, but I have no idea if either is true.

• Thank You
Reactions: B1GTide

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
Well you know this is going to be scrutinized by everyone outside of Bama fans. But wait until their coach is in the same situation...they will be quiet about it.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
One of the sources is Desmond Howard who is in Tuscaloosa with ESPN.

supposedly Nick tested negative yesterday and is awaiting today’s results. Assuming it’s negative he’ll be tested again tomorrow morning for the 3rd negative.
To be fair, He didn't quite say it was false positive. He just offered his opinion that he thinks he will be out on the field tomorrow.