2 years ago - CNO was hired...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Is there a way to search that thread and find any of our posts. I'm sure I commented but I didn't feel like wading thru all those pages.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Here's my first post after CNO was hired:

Finally able to chime in. This hire caught me totally off guard, but sounds like I'm not alone on that.

After reading about CNO, I like what I see.

I love his offensive philosophy which begins with great defense and hustle that will translate into quick and sometimes cheap points. I really don't understand why CAJ didn't try this type of play more. We had the athletes to run. But we didn't have shooters or strong inside game to run a half-court offense.

What I like most is he encourages shooters to shoot. He should be able to sale his philosophy to shooters. I like his already won John Petty back. Petty needs to get his confidence back in his 3 point shot and I'm going to bet CNO can do that. Go get two or three other shooters and then get them to play hard like a team and the results will come.

I know only time will tell, but I feel pretty confident that in 2 or 3 years the program will be on much stronger ground that the last year.

Welcome CNO!

LA BamaCarl

Scout Team
Apr 12, 2020
Enterprise, Alabama
Greg Byrne did his homework with this hire. He could have gotten a better known name, but doubtful if he could have found a better coach for Alabama than Nate Oats. Not only is he a good coach, but his personality and the way he handles himself in interviews and press conferences is open and real and not just "coach talk". He can build something special here if things come together for him to stay long-term.

Reactions: NationalTitles18

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Greg Byrne did his homework with this hire. He could have gotten a better known name, but doubtful if he could have found a better coach for Alabama than Nate Oats. Not only is he a good coach, but his personality and the way he handles himself in interviews and press conferences is open and real and not just "coach talk". He can build something special here if things come together for him to stay long-term.
His obsession with stats and how to explain it, impresses me. The concept of stepping into a 3 pointer is also fascinating. Because requiring the “step in” creates the spacing you need to run the offense.

I do hope that he enjoys being here as much as he seems to. We just might be on to something. :)

Reactions: LA BamaCarl

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
The hiring post was a fun review. Some of our older, respected posters having to eat a big plate of crow. None of us knew it would be this good and fast except for Bryne. Guess we don't need to second guess him anymore just like Saban.

Reactions: mlingerfelt31

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
His obsession with stats and how to explain it, impresses me. The concept of stepping into a 3 pointer is also fascinating. Because requiring the “step in” creates the spacing you need to run the offense.

I do hope that he enjoys being here as much as he seems to. We just might be on to something. :)
He's a helluva technician, for sure. However, what impresses me is his ability to connect with the kids and get their buy-in. Thinking about it, he's young, not some stern, ancient father figure. I still think of the kids being so scared of Grant, they'd glance at the bench before they took a shot. Also, he spent years teaching math to HS kids. After that, teaching basketball to willing, talented students must be a walk in the park...

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
The hiring post was a fun review. Some of our older, respected posters having to eat a big plate of crow. None of us knew it would be this good and fast except for Bryne. Guess we don't need to second guess him anymore just like Saban.
The “get off my lawn” crew lived through David Hobbs after having CM and Wimp back to back. They will come around. This should do it.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.