2019-2020 Roster

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
I expect Beetle Bolden to commit to us this weekend. I think he takes Wood’s spot. If Trendon doesn’t come (it isn’t looking great, based on some info that I received) then I expect us to sign James Rojas. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That does not sound to promising for Trendon. I hope he rolls with Bama but if not Rojas would be a good addition to the team.

Last edited by a moderator:

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I'm still holding out for the official word on April 20th :cool2: RTR

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I haven't given up hope yet. All along I had no hope he would sign with us and then when CAJ was let go and CNO was hired I thought, and still think, our chances have greatly improved. I agree with the poster above that it's 50/50. Tweets are not always accurate. We all thought Thad Matta was about the get the Bama HC coach and that was wrong. I saw a couple of tweets (one by the player himself) that led me to believe Javian Fleming-Davis was going to transfer (perhaps he was and changed his mind) but that was wrong. I'll wait until it's official before giving up on Watford at this point. If he does sign somewhere else then I believe CNO will probably try to get a grad transfer (possibly Cheatham or Rojas) to take his spot and we will have a fantastic roster next year possibly the best roster since the 80's.

Last edited:

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
I like that CNO is recruiting team members, and not just athletes around 6'7" or so. Amazing how much better a team can look if you actually have a plan.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I haven't given up hope yet. All along I had no hope he would sign with us and then when CAJ was let go and CNO was hired I thought, and still think, our chances have greatly improved. I agree with the poster above that it's 50/50. Tweets are not always accurate. We all thought Thad Matta was about the get the Bama HC coach and that was wrong. I saw a couple of tweets (one by the player himself) that led me to believe Javian Fleming-Davis was going to transfer (perhaps he was and changed his mind) but that was wrong. I'll wait until it's official before giving up on Watford at this point. If he does sign somewhere else then I believe CNO will probably try to get a grad transfer (possibly Cheatham or Rojas) to take his spot and we will have a fantastic roster next year possibly the best roster since the 80's.
The elite 8 roster was very very good. As were the early 90s with Horry, Spree, Hollywood, Caffrey, etc. one of those teams had 4-5 go to the NBA. So keep that in mind

Last edited:

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
The elite 8 roster was very very good. As were the early 90s with Horry, Spree, Hollywood, Caffrey, etc. one of those teams had 4-5 go to the NBA. So keep that in mind
Yes I was at UA from 1988-92 so I saw some very good basketball players and teams during that time. While our top line talent was good on those teams I'm not sure we had that much depth, or at least Wimp didn't use the depth. He would only play about 8 players typically. I'm not saying we will or should play all 13 players but when I look at the roster for next year, I see 13 guys that can play. In no particular order, Tevin Mack, Herb Jones, John Petty, Kira Lewis are all guys that have NBA potential. If we sign Watford then I would add him to that list. Out of the other freshmen that we've signed (or will sign) I have to believe 1-2 at least have NBA potential. I know there are a lot of "what-ifs" in my scenario and realistically not all of them will work out but I still think from top-to-bottom this roster next year is the best I've seen in a long time.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.