2019 season is in the books, but a few thoughts on LSU

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
First, let me tell you guys how I watched the game. My flight to San Antonio was cancelled due to fog and with my three coworkers, we decided to drive. With the busy Nola airport because of the game, there were no alternate flights. We stopped for dinner to watch the first half and watched the second half on the road with an open laptop. Got to SA at 2;30a

Bama was clearly the best team LSU played all year. Even with a defense that was sub Bama standard, I believe you would have beaten any of the three other playoff teams. With or without Tua, it’s safe for me to admit, I did not want to see a rematch. Sorry!

I loved this season. I got so down on boring LSU football under Miles. It was fun again.

Going forward, we’re not likely going to repeat. I’d favor Bama to win the west right now. But, I like our 2021 makeup. We have a solid recruiting class coming in and some freshman this year who will be the standout juniors like we had this year. I do think Clemson has the best shot of winning it all next year. They just don’t play anyone until the playoffs and that allows them to develop experience and depth.

Coach O, love him or hate him, did what 99% of college football thought he couldn’t do. One thing I do know is that he realizes what got him to this point - a fantastic staff. If he works hard to replace Brady and other potential losses with quality coaches, we will continue to be a tough out under him. We have comparable athletes.

Finally, 3 national championships in 17 years. I can only think of 2 other schools who would trade that record with us. That makes me happy.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
I do think Clemson has the best shot of winning it all next year. They just don’t play anyone until the playoffs and that allows them to develop experience and depth.
And, possibly the best part of that "developing experience and depth" is that occurs while starters are safely off the field.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
One thing I heard that Orgeron did, in his job interview. He showed up with a folder full of his mistakes and the things he learned from each of them. That is pretty strong stuff, and I will probably add that technique to my own job interviews, and I'll ask that of candidates I interview.
100% true. “The Binder”. It outlined his vision as well.

gymcoach

1st Team
Dec 6, 2006
LSU has always had great athletes and a tough out for anyone they play, especially Bama with the history of Saban. This year was the perfect storm for you guys. Congrats on the title. It all comes down to how many juniors declare for the draft and can those coming back stay hungry and not be complacent. Stingley will be THE BEST CB in college for the next two years and there is plenty of talent on that side of the ball. The two underclass WR’s will be a handful. I do think Brady and Burrow will be loses that cost you two games, Bama and Florida. Auburn will be a tough out too, especially at the crazy J-H. That last four game grind will be a test. Don’t sleep on SC next year, yes I mean South Carolina. 😄

Reactions: LSUgrad2BamaDad

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Total props to @LSUgrad2BamaDad - he told me before the season started that Burrow was his pick to win the Heisman. I literally laughed and told him he was a true fan, and man, did he prove me both right and wrong - he's a true fan but he knew what I didn't...

As much as I hate every team in the SEC I hate Clempson and coach awwshucks more, so of course I was hoping LSU won. that said, LSUG2BD has become a good friend over the years, and I'm genuinely happy for him.

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Total props to @LSUgrad2BamaDad - he told me before the season started that Burrow was his pick to win the Heisman. I literally laughed and told him he was a true fan, and man, did he prove me both right and wrong - he's a true fan but he knew what I didn't...

As much as I hate every team in the SEC I hate Clempson and coach awwshucks more, so of course I was hoping LSU won. that said, LSUG2BD has become a good friend over the years, and I'm genuinely happy for him.
Thanks CA. Back at you my friend.

p.s. if I knew how to do it, I’d screen shot your reaction to me texting you my Burrow for Heisman ticket I bought in August! :ROFLMAO:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.