2020-21 Roster Analysis

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I remember reading where Oats likes to have 4 scorers on the floor at once. With Herb not being a major scoring threat, can we assume that impacts who is on the floor with him ?

Petty and Shack. Q and Primo are both scorers. So that leaves your most point productive big man with him. Is that Bruner?

This should be insanely fun. This is UK style depth. Anxious to see it play out

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
The chatter going around is that Herb has greatly improved his shooting. The team is working with Noah basketball which, as I understand it, gives real-time feedback to players on what they did wrong so that they become better shooters. I've always thought Herb's biggest issues were confidence and lack of strength. If I remember correctly he was the first of his super freshmen class (Sexton, Petty, Herb, Reese) to hit a 3 point shot in his very first game against Memphis. He had some good scoring moments (OU game that same year) but they were not consistent. He needed to add some strength to be able to drive the lane and take the ball to the hoop without getting swatted away. We saw some improvements last year with Herb on the offensive side but he was injured so much that I don't think it was as obvious as it could have been. If he remains injury free this season Herb can have a great season all around.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
I remember reading where Oats likes to have 4 scorers on the floor at once. With Herb not being a major scoring threat, can we assume that impacts who is on the floor with him ?

Petty and Shack. Q and Primo are both scorers. So that leaves your most point productive big man with him. Is that Bruner?

This should be insanely fun. This is UK style depth. Anxious to see it play out
Yep ... we should have a starting 5 night-in-and-out that can score at all 5 positions. Very NBA-esque. We may very possibly have 10+ players that will fit that bill this season. If everything goes well, we could possibly see a rotation of 5 guys who start and get the lead, and 5-6 guys off the bench that come in and keep the lead.

Reactions: NoNC4Tubs

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Yep ... we should have a starting 5 night-in-and-out that can score at all 5 positions. Very NBA-esque. We may very possibly have 10+ players that will fit that bill this season. If everything goes well, we could possibly see a rotation of 5 guys who start and get the lead, and 5-6 guys off the bench that come in and keep the lead.
This article was right on time per your comment.

Last edited:

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
CNO had a virtual press conference a couple of days ago. Very encouraging words about the team and talent. It's not in the article I linked below, but I watched a portion of the video on YouTube and one statement caught my attention. CNO was asked about which player has stood out the most to him. He began running through the list of players doing well and then made the statement that they've been tracking shots since the team has gotten back together and Keon Ellis is leading the team on 3pt percentage. Considering the known commodities of Petty and Shackelford, that's an exciting proposition of having another shooter of that caliber on the floor!

www.al.com

Oats: Alabama has talent to compete for SEC title
"We’ve got high expectations. We’re not going to shy away from them," Oats said Friday.
www.al.com
www.al.com

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.