2020 Braves season (35-25) NL EAST CHAMPS

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Im done for this one. This is your typical "everything goes wrong" game that everyone has, but it effectively makes the next 4 games near do or get the hell out of way games. We need tomorrow and 2 from Miami. Philly doesnt concern me because they have far more teams that are trying to win for seeds and spots. Miami is a different beast. For whatever reason they play better against better teams, and lose to worse. If we cant take 2 then I have my doubts that we can hold the East. To which Alex needs to be fired the minute our season is over because its a disgrace that we are living off NL east championship flags in the outfield with the team we have, and see no progression.

Reactions: B1GTide

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I am going to go ahead and say that the Phillies lost their chance to win the East. So lets break down what is needed for the Braves to win the East.

Right now the Braves are 31- 22 with 7 games left. 4 of those are against the Marlins who are 28-25. The more important number is that the Braves are 21-15 vs NL East and the Marlins are 20-16. That means to have a shot at the East crown the Fish needs 3 games at a minimum vs the Braves. If the Braves win two then you can hang the pennant and buy the shirt that you'll give to Hannah home in 2 weeks.

The Phillies need alot more help. 1st they have to pretty much win the remaining 7 games and hope the Braves split with the Marlins and lose 2 to the Sox. Marlins winning the Braves series eliminates Philly from the East race. More or less this is THAT longshot scenario that everyone dreams of but never happens.

I would say this current series will decide the East. The Marlins however probably need all 4 games seeing that they are playing the Yankees who are in the running for hosting the 1st round instead of having to travel to Minneapolis or Chicago. The Braves have the BoSox to close out the season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.