2020 Prospect: 2020 Commits and Prospects

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
What have you been hearing? Sounds like your comment is a mix of opinion and outside sources. What are the outside sources?
I won't out my sources by name, but I get info from someone in the recruiting world. Also, get info from a good friend within the athletic complex and I will leave it at that.....Lol As far as Burch...his in-home with Coach Saban went very well...and that he has his mother's blessing to go to Bama if he decides to...the word out originally was that he would stay close to home for family. As of right now, it's expected he will decide between South Carolina, Bama, and UGA. LSU is still in it, but on the outside right now. Clemson also feels that it is on the outside.

Reactions: Padreruf

Bamaboy16

Suspended
Dec 6, 2019
I won't out my sources by name, but I get info from someone in the recruiting world. Also, get info from a good friend within the athletic complex and I will leave it at that.....Lol
All good! Certainly wouldn't want you to disclose a source. Just wanted to give your exciting post some real foundation. Thanks

Reactions: BirminghamBAMA

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
All good! Certainly wouldn't want you to disclose a source. Just wanted to give your exciting post some real foundation. Thanks
Frankly, as you know, everything at this juncture is a mix of shear speculation, optimism and conjecture. There just ain't no telling what these kids are going to do until their LOI shows up in the athletic dept. Heck, I would say that the uncommitted player everyone is after does not know himself until he picks up a hat.

Reactions: BirminghamBAMA

Bamaboy16

Suspended
Dec 6, 2019
Frankly, as you know, everything at this juncture is a mix of shear speculation, optimism and conjecture. There just ain't no telling what these kids are going to do until their LOI shows up in the athletic dept. Heck, I would say that the uncommitted player everyone is after does not know himself until he picks up a hat.
True. I've lost a little faith to be honest. I just don't see us getting those coveted 5 stars in bunches like we used to. I wish we'd get Washington, or Bunch, but I'm just losing confidence with so much more competition than there used to be just a few years ago.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: CoolBreeze

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Definitely true! Alabama has had guys in the past say they are committing to them only to choose another school when the cameras get to rolling. Schools only feel good about some guys when their LOI is faxed in..

• Roll Tide!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
True. I've lost a little faith to be honest. I just don't see us getting those coveted 5 stars in bunches like we used to. I wish we'd get Washington, or Bunch, but I'm just losing confidence with so much more competition than there used to be just a few years ago.
If they play 4 years instead of 3, that won't matter.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
You are not looking close enough. We typically sign 3-6 5* per class. We currently have 4 in this class (Young, Braswell, Sanders and Kennedy) depending on if it is 247Sports or Rivals. We are in on Washington, Burch and Jarrett so we could end up with 7 which would be the highest we have ever had but at worst it will be 4 so have faith. Here is a link showing 5* signings through 2016. We signed 6 in 2017 (probably our greatest class ever) and 3 in the 2018 class.

Last edited:

Bamaboy16

Suspended
Dec 6, 2019
You are not looking close enough. We typically sign 3-6 5* per class. We currently have 4 in this class (Young, Braswell, Sanders and Kennedy) depending on if it is 247Sports or Rivals. We are in on Washington, Burch and Jarrett so we could end up with 7 which would be the highest we have ever had but at worst it will be 4 so have faith. Here is a link showing 5* signings through 2016. We signed 6 in 2017 (probably our greatest class ever) and 3 in the 2018 class.

Good points!

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
That is not the case...has competition stepped up...oh yeah, but Saban is one of the best at changing with the times, but Alabama currently has 3-4 5* stars committed depending on which site you use, and are still in contention for several more.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Wondering if we are going to get some surprises during the early signing period or will it be the standard everyone that committed signs as expected. Seems to me the drama of recruiting surrounds those signing in February.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Wondering if we are going to get some surprises during the early signing period or will it be the standard everyone that committed signs as expected. Seems to me the drama of recruiting surrounds those signing in February.
I expect Alabama to make some noise based on information out there....

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
As I stated yesterday...Javion Cohen will sign with Alabama. The tide turned when he visited for the LSU game. He was previously dealing with an illness and had slimmed down to about 260, 265. Bama's staff kept an eye on him and told him to get his weight up. He showed up at the LSU game 6'5, 295. Alabama turned up the heat and he got the green light to commit. Auburn recruiting guys are putting out articles today about Auburn pulling his scholarship and no longer considering him a commit for damage control.

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
As I stated yesterday...Javion Cohen will sign with Alabama. The tide turned when he visited for the LSU game. He was previously dealing with an illness and had slimmed down to about 260, 265. Bama's staff kept an eye on him and told him to get his weight up. He showed up at the LSU game 6'5, 295. Alabama turned up the heat and he got the green light to commit. Auburn recruiting guys are putting out articles today about Auburn pulling his scholarship and no longer considering him a commit for damage control.
Some of them are saying he was tweeting things against AU and posting Roll Tide, so they pulled his scholly offer because of it......

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I guess we need to update the info as of now: https://www.rollbamaroll.com/2019/1...rly-signing-period-crimson-tide-class-signing

Scheduled to visit this weekend:
Comitted:
•OLB Quandarrius Robinson (Birmingham, AL)
•WR Thaiu Jones-Bell (Opa Locka, FL) EE
•WR Traeshon Holden (Harbor City, CA) EE
•S Brian Branch (Tyrone, GA

Uncomitted :
•CB Joshua Eaton (Houston, TX)
Juco Nadab Joseph

*Scooby Carter’s return from the transfer portal may put a crunch on the numbers. Adding a fourth defensive back (fifth if you count Kristian Story as a safety) to this class does not seem prudent. Expect to see some defections in the coming days and weeks.

*•After wisely cancelling an OV to Auburn, high 4-star outside linebacker Phillip Webb (Buford, GA) has narrowed his final three to Alabama, LSU, and Florida. However, the Gators are looking like a distant third. The Crimson Tide will be sending their All-Star closer Sal Sunseri to visit him sometime this week.

•Speaking of wringing hands, DT commit Tim Smith is making Bama fans worried but the insiders believe him to be solid to Alabama. His OV last weekend to Tuscaloosa went really well. He has extolled the Tide’s track record of putting players in the NFL Draft over being closer to his hometown of Sebastian, FL. He is still expected to take an OV to Florida this weekend. That said, we had a similar situation go down with Khris Bogle last year (signed with Fla) and Bobby Brown two years ago (signed with TAMU). Saban is expected pay him an in-home visit in the coming days.

•Alabama is making a push for 5-star DE Jordan Burch (Columbia, SC). Saban had an in-home with him and his mom on Monday and word is it went really well. Burch is really close with his mother. If history is proof, most recruits’ moms LOVE Saban. Nobody in-homes like the Crimson Tide coach. Clemson, who had looked like the favorite, may be losing their grasp. It is believed he will announce on Friday December 20, the last day of the ESP.

•High 4-star RB Jase McClellan is still in the crosshairs of the Crimson Tide. The Texas running back committed to Oklahoma way back in July of 2017 and OV’d Norman eight months ago. Yet, seeing guys like Mark Ingram, Derrick Henry, and Josh Jacobs on SportsCenter every week surely makes an impression on a guy. He toured the Alabama campus in November - his only fall OV - and a visit from Saban is expected in the next several days. McClellan is an EE.

•Bama has been hoping to add one more wide receiver and Arian Smith is looking like a top candidate to sign on ESP. The Lakeland, FL speedster is interested in running track in college as well and the Tide’s track staff has been totally on board in recruiting him as well. Saban visited him last week and ST/TE coach Jeff Banks followed up yesterday, Tuesday. The bad news is that the 4-star is visiting UGA this weekend and @I Am sure Kirby Smart will be on the up and up with him.@ It will come down to these two schools for Smith.

•Georgia recruiting took a big hit when Arkansas hired their OL coach and top recruiter Sam Pittman to be their head coach. Pittman is widely credited with building what many believe to be the best OL in the country in 2019. Could UGA 4-star commits Sedrick Van Pran (New Orleans, LA) and Tate Rateledge (Rome, GA) be vulnerable to a flip? Word is that Alabama has reached out to both of them. Neither plan to sign during the ESP. Stay tuned...
•Likewise, LSU will also be hurting should DC Dave Aranda depart for another job. The UNLV flirtation seems to have been just that, but he might have that itch to move on.

Nothing has changed numbers-wise from last week. Alabama has 23 commits and could possibly take as many as 27 players for the Class of 2020, which may include some blueshirts. There has been no talk of greyshirts. Speculation has it that three of the 23 committed may not be a part of this class. They are DT Jayson Jones (Calera, AL), WR Javon Baker (Powder Springs, GA), and DT Jamil Burroughs. None of this trio has plans to sign during the ESP. Qualifying issues may be the culprit.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Thank you so much for the update! I really hate to see a couple of DT's that may not be part of this class because we really need a few more hosses at that position.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Hearing that Jayson Jones will either sign elsewhere or take a blue shirt offer. He had already been taking visits elsewhere due to Alabama asking him to switch to the OL from the DL.
That would be a big loss. He is going to be very good for someone.

Dnelly_7RTR

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2019
Hey this is my first post however I’ve been following the sight for years.. Ive played college, coached high school and just have a deep love for the game.. I remember all the wild times with rueben Forster and rashun Evans recruitment. Which lead me to a few points, My only concern with Bama recruiting wise is the fact that we haven’t landed a top notch ILB. That alone is one major reason for our decline defensively. We need nikobi dean last year bad. Because he’s a natural backer with range coverage wise. We need a Justin flow type bad just so we can regain our defensive dominance.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.