2020 Prospect: 2020 Commits and Prospects

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
Florida State is really the only one that could possibly rise up. I just don't think Miami can anymore. They can't recruit in the trenches ..... and you can't beat Clemson without the guys up front.....

I'm surprised Kiffin didn't end up trying to get the Hurricanes job last year
With the momentum Dabo has created at Clemson and now getting a lot of the country's best players year in and year out. I don't see Fla St being able to close the gap on them with the next five years at best. There literally is NOT ONE football program in the ACC giving Dabo and Clemson any resistance on the recruiting trail and on the field. Clemson basically is a monopoly in the ACC.

Reactions: B1GTide

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
With the momentum Dabo has created at Clemson and now getting a lot of the country's best players year in and year out. I don't see Fla St being able to close the gap on them with the next five years at best. There literally is NOT ONE football program in the ACC giving Dabo and Clemson any resistance on the recruiting trail and on the field. Clemson basically is a monopoly in the ACC.
Totally true...they are like the proverbial "elephant dancing among the chickens." I don't see anyone challenging them in the ACC for at least 5 years...

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
FSU is close to Clemson in terms of roster talent. 2017 FSU had the #6 class, 2018 they had the #11 class and they were in the top 15 this year. The talent gap is pretty similar to that of Alabama and Auburn. Yes, we sign higher ranked classes but AU's are high enough that they can beat us if things go there way. Same thing with FSU and Clemson. The problem for FSU was Taggart which they've gotten rid of. I expect FSU to be competitive with Clemson next year and from there on out the game is probably a coin flip..

Reactions: sanjosecrimson

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
FSU is close to Clemson in terms of roster talent. 2017 FSU had the #6 class, 2018 they had the #11 class and they were in the top 15 this year. The talent gap is pretty similar to that of Alabama and Auburn. Yes, we sign higher ranked classes but AU's are high enough that they can beat us if things go there way. Same thing with FSU and Clemson. The problem for FSU was Taggart which they've gotten rid of. I expect FSU to be competitive with Clemson next year and from there on out the game is probably a coin flip..
I'll believe it when I see it.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
It's impressive either way -- he's building a 5* Hotel in the Desert -- eventually, you'd think those kids would be asking themselves....."why am I in Clemson SC?"....but so far, I guess they haven't....
Checks are clearing the bank.
I’m not speculating, just peruse the fbi wiretaps of the Clemson basketball program.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
I'll believe it when I see it.
Cool, but the recruiting rankings are what they are. FSU had a coach who, according to current players, didn't care about winning. Clemson has won 5 in a row and before that FSU won 3 in a row. If, and a big if, the new FSU coach is competent they can be compeitive with Clemson next year. My only point is it will not take 5 years for FSU to close the gap on Clemson as you suggested..

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Cool, but the recruiting rankings are what they are. FSU had a coach who, according to current players, didn't care about winning. Clemson has won 5 in a row and before that FSU won 3 in a row. If, and a big if, the new FSU coach is competent they can be compeitive with Clemson next year. My only point is it will not take 5 years for FSU to close the gap on Clemson as you suggested..
I agree with that. Not sure what they have in this new head coach. He did well at Memphis but so did the previous head coach who has done nothing at VA Tech. He will definitely need to recruit well but Dabo is way out in front of some serious talent that his staff has been recruiting for a while.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Especially if he can hold on to the talent in florida leaving for greener pastures.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
College football is so unpredictable FSU might win the NC next season who knows? I have no idea if the talent level at FSU is that far behind Clemson or if Willie Taggart was so bad of a coach that he could make elite athletes look like FCS talent. Regardless, Dabo has recruited so well at Clemson that Fla St will have a very, very hard time beating them.

Last edited:

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
College football is so unpredictable FSU might win the NC next season who knows? I have no idea if the talent level at FSU is that far behind Clemson or if Willie Taggart was so bad of a coach that he could make elite athletes look like FCS talent. Regardless, Dabo has recruited so well at Clemson that Fla St will have a very, very hard time beating them.
I'm telling you exactly how far apart the talent level is based on recruiting rankings and it isn't that far. Again, it's comparable to the talent difference between Alabama and Auburn. Clemson defintely has more talent but FSU has enough that if things go their way they can win the game. It's not like Florida State has dropped off the map in recruiting. Their average recruiting class over the past 3 years is #10..

Reactions: sanjosecrimson

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California
you could be very correct in your assumption, but 5 years is a long time. anything can happen in that span.
we shall see.

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
I saw on twitter where Georgia OL commit Von Pran ( who didn't sign early) will be visiting Bama in January.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
I'm telling you exactly how far apart the talent level is based on recruiting rankings and it isn't that far. Again, it's comparable to the talent difference between Alabama and Auburn. Clemson defintely has more talent but FSU has enough that if things go their way they can win the game. It's not like Florida State has dropped off the map in recruiting. Their average recruiting class over the past 3 years is #10..
I'm just going by how they've played and how they've looked when they've played. It takes a special type of talent to make players that talented look so inept. I guess that's why Willie Taggart is no longer there.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.