Politics: 2020 Dem POTUS candidate catch all discussion thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
FWIW, the NY Times poll has Sanders with a pretty decent lead in Iowa right now. 🍿

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Iowa picks corn, New Hampshire pretends to pick presidents, and South Carolina actually picks presidents.
To be fair, the field is wide open in Iowa and New Hampshire. By the time they get to SC, the field is down to the few who have a chance. SC then winnows the field for Super Tuesday.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
To be fair, the field is wide open in Iowa and New Hampshire. By the time they get to SC, the field is down to the few who have a chance. SC then winnows the field for Super Tuesday.
Well SC pretty much tells you who is going to be the person that will win ST since it reflects the Southern and Mid Atlantic view. It’s the reason many on the progressive side wanted California to be an earlier contest.

I think it will be Biden vs Bernie after ST, but the March primaries will bury Bernie.

Reactions: B1GTide

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Dems will not win the general without the Bernie voters and we ain’t voting for Biden. So good luck to y’all if that happens.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Dems will not win the general without the Bernie voters and we ain’t voting for Biden. So good luck to y’all if that happens.
So you hate Trump but will sit out the election out of spite and let him win if your guy isn't everyone else's guy?

Sounds legit. o_O

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I love the “ if my guy doesn’t win I will vote with my feet to give the country a neo fascist, so vote for my guy” logic. *** blue***

The Democrats winning or losing will have little to do with the Bernie or Busters this time. Electing the most hated candidate in history leveling the playing field had more to do with it than a few whiny children. Sure we make fun of the whiny children admitting that they would rather have a neo fascist leading our country and stacking the Supreme Court with ultra conservative justices over voting for Hillary. But don’t confuse the exception as the rule. Biden doesn’t have near as the negative feelings as Hillary amongst the electorate.

Side note: if Trump gets elected for another 4 years he will have 2 more justices to replace. So if you and the progressives want anything “progressive” then I doubt allowing Trump to pick those 2 justices is the ticket for that future. I’m also sure Biden or the Democratic nominee will put a liberal to balance the court

Reactions: B1GTide

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think the choice is easy. We can either tax billionaires more and help the people hurting in this country or we can continue to cage children like dogs at the borders.

Reactions: UAH

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think the choice is easy. We can either tax billionaires more and help the people hurting in this country or we can continue to cage children like dogs at the borders.
Nothing in the middle? No room there at all?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
None. Kids in cages is not something the average american deals with every day. Insane medical expenses are.
Sorry, but if you are one of those "my way or the highway" guys then you are going to have a very tough life.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I am not really the “my way or the highway“ but I think we saw in 2016 that centrist candidates are not going to mobilize the people Bernie does.

I think with how Biden is slipping mentally and how unlikable Buttigieg is that Sanders is the only guy the Dems got who can win because they’re going to need those progressive to push Biden and Buttigieg over the edge I think. Biden on paper ought to beat Trump but he just keeps on looking weaker the longer his campaign goes.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I am not really the “my way or the highway“ but I think we saw in 2016 that centrist candidates are not going to mobilize the people Bernie does.

I think with how Biden is slipping mentally and how unlikable Buttigieg is that Sanders is the only guy the Dems got who can win.
Look, you might be right, but the candidate is going to be someone, and that person is getting my vote. Heck, even Hillary would get my vote. We have to get everyone out there to vote. EVERYONE

Reactions: CharminTide and UAH

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I mean, there is just a growing part of the population that realizes there is not a dime’s difference between the centrists and GOP. Caging kids like dogs...yeah Obama paved the way for that. Explosive prescription drug prices...yeah Bill Clinton paved the way for that. The bad tax cuts for the rich, Dems in congress happily voted for that.

There are a lot of people out there that are ready for something radically different both in regards to domestic and foreign policy. Bernie Sanders is the only candidate who is offering that alternative.

I’m probably voting protest if anyone but Bernie Sanders gets the nomination because I’m in Alabama and my vote counts more as a message sent than for an actual viable candidate. I’d hope that Bernie voters in states that matter to the electoral map would not do what I intend to do but neither you nor I can make them vote how we’d would like them to vote. Bernie did 3x the appearances for Hillary compared to HRC for Obama and his voters just did not mobilize where it counted for the Dems. If he can’t even get them to vote for somebody other than him, you or I are SOL.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I really hate the Bernie Bros stuff because I think it is a ridiculous mischaracterization of his base. His biggest endorsements are women. His campaign full of women up and down the chain of command. His surrogates I follow online are probably 2/3 women.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I really hate the Bernie Bros stuff because I think it is a ridiculous mischaracterization of his base. His biggest endorsements are women. His campaign full of women up and down the chain of command. His surrogates I follow online are probably 2/3 women.
But last I checked, he polls significantly better among men than women. I think that's part of the reason for the term.

Reactions: crimsonaudio
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.