2020 In Memoriam thread

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Sad news but not unexpected.

Many of my pop culture heroes are going one by one now.

May he rest in peace and prayers to his family.

There are many others.....but this is one of my fav. scenes by Brimley:

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Retired Air Force Lt. Gen. Brent Scowcroft, who served at the right hand of power as national security adviser for presidents Gerald R. Ford and George H.W. Bush and played instrumental roles in shaping nuclear warfare strategy, dealing with the end of the Cold War and restoring relations with China after the Tiananmen Square massacre, died Aug. 7 at age 95.

• Sad
Reactions: Bazza

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Martin Birch, producer for Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath and more, dies aged 71

Martin Birch, the producer whose bright but heavy sound was applied to classic albums by Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, Deep Purple and more, has died aged 71. No cause of death has been announced.

Whitesnake frontman David Coverdale tweeted: “It is with a very heavy heart I’ve just had verified my very dear friend & producer Martin Birch has passed away … Martin was a huge part of my life … helping me from the first time we met through until Slide It In … My thoughts & prayers to his family, friends & fans.”

Birch was born in Woking, Surrey, in 1948, and worked first as an engineer, earning early credits on debut albums by the Faces and Wishbone Ash, plus Jeff Beck’s Beck-Ola. He also began the first of many longstanding band relationships with Fleetwood Mac, working on five albums between 1969 and 1973, and Deep Purple, working on 11 albums with them including two UK No 1s, Fireball and Machine Head.

(more at the linked article)

• Sad
Reactions: NationalTitles18

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Sumner Redstone, 97, RIP
Wiki:
He was the majority owner and chairman of the board of the National Amusements theater chain. Through National Amusements, Redstone and his family are majority voting shareholders of ViacomCBS (itself the parent company of CBS, MTV, TV Land, VidCon, Smithsonian Channel, CBS Television Studios, CBS Productions, Showtime Networks, Nickelodeon, Paramount Network, Big Ticket Television, ViacomCBS Domestic Media Networks, ViacomCBS Networks International, Comedy Central, Paramount Pictures, Miramax, CBS Television Stations, Network 10 and TV distributor CBS Television Distribution). According to Forbes, as of September 2015, he was worth US$5 billion.[2]
Redstone was formerly the executive chairman of both CBS and Viacom.[5][6] In February 2016, at age 92, Redstone resigned both chairmanships following a court-ordered examination by a geriatric psychiatrist. He was ultimately succeeded by Les Moonves at CBS and Philippe Dauman at Viacom

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
I try not to dwell in the past too much, but for me, these people brought happiness to me and I don't want to forget them. We all have busy lives but once in a while it's good to look back and reflect.......

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Former Gator player and asst coach Aubrey Hill passes

Only 48 years old - cancer. :(

Hill’s freshman season coincided with the Gators first official SEC Championship in 1991. He also won an SEC Championship in 1993 and 1994.

In his time on campus Hill developed a reputation as a team leader and clutch receiver. Forty of his first 53 receptions gave the Gators a first down. He ended his career with 86 career receptions and 18 touchdowns. The 4.78 reception/touchdown ratio still was the second-best in school history behind only Wes Chandler (4.18) at the time.

Hill went on to become the wide receiver coach at Florida under head coach Will Muschamp and coached the Gator receivers in 2011 and 2012. Hill returned to his high school Carol City as the head coach for several years and was currently the receiver coach at FIU.

Godspeed, Coach Hill......

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.