2020 In Memoriam thread

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Max Von Sydow at 80.....RIP to an amazing performing artist.

Von Sydow was fluent in Swedish, Danish, English, Italian and French. That last one was spoken by one of his most rending characters: a helpless, wheelchair-bound father who discovers he has much in common with his paralyzed son in The Diving Bell and the Butterfly (2007). And for all von Sydow's facility with language, he earned his other Oscar nomination for a character in Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close (2011) who doesn't speak a word.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
We lost another great last Friday......:(

McCoy Tyner obituary
Jazz pianist who played with John Coltrane and influenced every generation since the 1960s

Aged only 21, Tyner spent the next five years as a key member of a Coltrane quartet that influenced musicmaking across all genres and produced such classic jazz albums as Impressions (1963), Live at Birdland (1963) and A Love Supreme (1964).
The band is back together......

• Thank You
Reactions: Go Bama

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Lyle Waggoner, foil on ‘The Carol Burnett Show,’ dies at 84
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Lyle Waggoner, the tall, dark-haired and handsome comic foil on “The Carol Burnett Show” who also played a superhero’s partner on “Wonder Woman,” died Tuesday. He was 84.

Waggoner, who was battling cancer, died peacefully at his Los Angeles-area home, his family said in a statement. His wife, Sharon, was at his side.

He was also an entrepreneur.......

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Oscar-nominated actor Stuart Whitman dead at 92

NEW YORK (AP) — Stuart Whitman, a prolific lead and character actor who appeared in hundreds of film and television productions and received an Oscar nomination as a pedophile in the 1961 drama “The Mark,” has died.

Whitman died Monday in Montecito, California, at age 92. Son Justin Whitman said that he died of natural causes.

Dark-haired and rugged, with enough of a resemblance to Clark Gable that he was sometimes compared to the “Gone With the Wind” star, Whitman was a steady presence in Westerns, war movies and other action films. His credits included “The Longest Day,” “Those Magnificent Men In Their Flying Machines,” “The Sound and the Fury” and “Ten North Frederick.” On television, he starred in the brief-lived series “Cimarron Strip” and also worked on “Murder, She Wrote,” “The Streets of San Francisco” and “The F.B.I.”

I liked him in 'The Comancheros' with The Duke!

Reactions: seebell

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Al Worden, Jackson astronaut who flew to the moon, dies at 88

JACKSON, MI – Al Worden, the astronaut who took a block letter "J" from the Jackson High School flag with him to the moon, died early Wednesday morning. He was 88.

Worden died in his sleep at a rehab center in Houston after getting treatment for an infection, according to the Associated Press. He’s among the most-decorated Jacksonians, as the astronaut was born and raised in the area and graduated from Jackson High School in 1950.
Worden was one of three astronauts assigned to Apollo 15, and served as the command module pilot. It launched from Cape Canaveral, Florida on July 26, 1971.

He circled the moon by himself for three days, while the other two astronauts test drove the first lunar rover.
(more at the link - interesting article)

Colonel Worden was the first human to walk in space beyond Earth orbit, something that only 3 people have done to this day. While his crewmates landed and explored a spectacular mountain front and nearby lunar canyon, Al Worden conducted a nearly week long investigation of his own in lunar orbit.

Jim Irwin, the flight's lunar module pilot, was the first of the 12 Moonwalkers to die in 1991. Dave Scott, the mission commander, is now the sole surviving member of the crew, one of only four surviving Moonwalkers, and the last living human who has landed a spacecraft on another world.

Godspeed Colonel.....

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011

2 year old comment from this video:

When this song Hit The Charts Back In 1969 I was in Walter Reed medical center healing from My Wounds From Overseas. I was in real bad shape And after all those years Gone bye And I Hear This Song It brings me back to those days. This song describes what happened to me and thousands of other guys like me. In time it made me a better person.and I think I am still here and I would do it all over again
Godspeed Kenny........

Reactions: seebell

We_are_Bama

Suspended
Dec 11, 2008
I worked part time on the weekends at Kenny Rogers Roasters back in the mid 1990's. Coward of the County will always be one of my all time favorites. RIP Kenny

Reactions: Go Bama and seebell

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.