2020 In Memoriam thread

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Before becoming a member of the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, Richard Penniman was a student here in Huntsville. Mr. Penniman is seen here studying in the library as a Religion major at Oakwood. (February 1958)

1589054206735.png

• Thank You
Reactions: Bazza

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
My friend, tenor saxophonist Johnny Stewart, used to tour with Little Richard. He had some very colorful stories to tell about Little Richard. Johnny also toured with Tyrone "Turn Back the Hands of Time" Davis. Johnny died in February of 2009. I miss him dearly. He was one of the best friends I'll ever have. No doubt he has reunited with Little Richard already and they're rocking.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Phyllis George Brown...former wife of John Y. Brown and Miss America. She had twins back in the day and was named "Mother of the Year." As my spouse noted -- with 2 small children as well -- she has a full time nanny and unlimited help...doesn't quite ring true!!!

• Thank You
Reactions: Go Bama and seebell

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Phyllis George Brown...former wife of John Y. Brown and Miss America. She had twins back in the day and was named "Mother of the Year." As my spouse noted -- with 2 small children as well -- she has a full time nanny and unlimited help...doesn't quite ring true!!!
One friend told me she had leukemia. What I read said she had polycythemia vera, which can turn into leukemia so "same thing" I guess.

• Sad
Reactions: Padreruf

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Rodgers said losing your job to Bill Curry was like your wife leaving you for Don Knotts.
That's in my 1989 write-up.

Seriously.

(wonder how many folks here recall rumors of Curry becoming the new head coach of the Packers after the 1988 season - not that that has anything to do with the memoriam thread).

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
That's in my 1989 write-up.

Seriously.

(wonder how many folks here recall rumors of Curry becoming the new head coach of the Packers after the 1988 season - not that that has anything to do with the memoriam thread).
That sets off a number of alternate universe scenarios.

Curry with Brett Favre at quarterback. Does he even want him to begin with? Does he even last long enough to matter? And who do we hire? Stallings is still the Cardinals‘ coach so he isn’t available. Do we get Bowden then? Does whoever we get set us on a path where Saban doesn’t become our coach?

Apologies for the thread highjack. I now return you to your regularly scheduled dead people.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.