2020 Prospect: 2020 JUCO recruit Keon Ellis – 6'5 Combo Guard

BAMAVILLE

All-American
Jan 9, 2014
Wanted to include this since he could possibly be the second addition to the 2020 class:

Keon Ellis is a 6'5 • 175 Combo Guard at Florida Southwestern. He tweeted yesterday that he has an offer from Bama. This is one of the profiles I found on him but his highlight video is pretty impressive. He seems like a legit scorer and defender. He would be a BEAST in CNOs system:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Wanted to include this since he could possibly be the second addition to the 2020 class:

Keon Ellis is a 6'5 • 175 Combo Guard at Florida Southwestern. He tweeted yesterday that he has an offer from Bama. This is one of the profiles I found on him but his highlight video is pretty impressive. He seems like a legit scorer and defender. He would be a BEAST in CNOs system:

That profile is after his freshman year. Video is impressive and he goes to the basket and finishes good and has a nice 3 pt shot which like you say will fit in well in CNO's system. I wonder who his other offers are? I did see on his profile he once hit 8 3pt FG's in a HS game.

Edit: looks like his other current offers are Gardner-Webb, Stetson and Troy. 2* on the composite.

BAMAVILLE

All-American
Jan 9, 2014
If we are offering players for 2020 then we're expecting to lose someone off the current roster in addition to Beetle Bolden.
We were/are expecting to lose Kira to the NBA and maybe one unknown transfer. Either way, will have room for one more. I'm really hoping we can add him.

We really need more players that are "scorers" no knock on anyone on the team, just stating the obvious. We have more "streaky scorers" than scorers. We need someone or ones we can count on for points when we run into droughts.

Ellis looks like a player that can not only shoot but can also generate offense on his own as well.

Reactions: teamplayer

BAMAVILLE

All-American
Jan 9, 2014
How many stars?
Tiderjack said 2* composite which would make sense. There are a couple of factors that contribute to that and they are not all bad. Keep in mind we were the only ones that had Colin on our radar ... other teams jumped in after him having a successful outing with the USA team and his senior year.

Not sure if this is the same situation or not but believing based off his video that he has a LOT of upside and that he would thrive in CNOs system. Here's hoping we get him.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Tiderjack said 2* composite which would make sense. There are a couple of factors that contribute to that and they are not all bad. Keep in mind we were the only ones that had Colin on our radar ... other teams jumped in after him having a successful outing with the USA team and his senior year.

Not sure if this is the same situation or not but believing based off his video that he has a LOT of upside and that he would thrive in CNOs system. Here's hoping we get him.
He is having a breakout sophomore year so I expect that 2* to go to at least a 3*. The guy I see on that video is not a 2*.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

BAMAVILLE

All-American
Jan 9, 2014
Kira has definitely raised his game this year and I can see him going in top 10 and his play against Auburn was impressive.
Looking at SI's Mock draft, they have him going 25th to the Knicks ... it looks to be a PG-heavy draft:

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006
We need to be able to get some good JUCO talent!
Especially if Kira frees up a scholly, but I hope he stays. I think another year in this offense along with the rest of the team improving would turn him into a lottery pick but that’s just me being selfish