2020 Koshien Bowl (Japan college football national championship)

OSUTideFan

All-American
Dec 17, 2019
Indiana
It’s telling that they had to play at a baseball diamond. The Japanese take their baseball seriously. American football, maybe not as much.. yet. Thanks for the video link.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
Tackling is atrocious, but I was surprised at some of the ability of the skill position players.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
Just one of those schools plays in a division with 53 CFB teams. There appear to be hundreds of CFB teams in Japan.

This is a rabbit hole I'm unwilling to further follow, my mind is already completely blown.
Once, almost two decades ago, I served as a consultant for a couple weeks - as QB coach - for a high-school-age, American Football, Club team in Monterrey, Mexico.
:)

Reactions: OSUTideFan

aerospace_ray

All-American
Oct 5, 2009
Alabama
Interesting. Never heard of this. One of the receivers went up and made a very quality catch in first half I saw. Glad people love college football and have their versions.... all over the globe. :) RTR

Reactions: seebell

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Just one of those schools plays in a division with 53 CFB teams. There appear to be hundreds of CFB teams in Japan.

This is a rabbit hole I'm unwilling to further follow, my mind is already completely blown.
Hey CA. Here’s more info ;)

They have a P5 and G5 split. And the G5 don’t qualify for the post season. :)

UCF and Coastal should ask for admission

But they can play themselves up to a P5 :)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.