BREAKING 2020 Pac-12 football schedule

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It absolutely is an option because no one is making them "tryout" for the NFL. If you want to go to the NFL and this is your only path, then pay your dues and spend your 3 or so years in college, and hopefully move on into the league.
So the only choice that a college player has is to sit down and shut up? They don't have the same rights as the rest of America? The right to strike or protest for better pay, healthcare and a safe work environment?

mrusso

1st Team
Apr 17, 2006
So the only choice that a college player has is to sit down and shut up? They don't have the same rights as the rest of America? The right to strike or protest for better pay, healthcare and a safe work environment?
I think they absolutely have a right to strike or protest, but for what? Better pay? Absolutely not, they're in college. Will they be striking for all college students, or just the athletes. College is still a place to prepare you for your career, whether it be as a lawyer, accountant, etc, or professional athlete. Will the MIS student get better pay, healthcare and a safe work environment as well? They are part of what makes up the university. Athletes have chosen a high risk, high reward path for their career. Again, no one is making them go to college to train and ultimately tryout for the NFL, my point is that is their choice.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think they absolutely have a right to strike or protest, but for what? Better pay? Absolutely not, they're in college. Will they be striking for all college students, or just the athletes. College is still a place to prepare you for your career, whether it be as a lawyer, accountant, etc, or professional athlete. Will the MIS student get better pay, healthcare and a safe work environment as well? They are part of what makes up the university. Athletes have chosen a high risk, high reward path for their career. Again, no one is making them go to college to train and ultimately tryout for the NFL, my point is that is their choice.
Thanks for the reply. We disagree, but that is okay.

Reactions: mrusso

Akazo

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 22, 2010
Ultimately it is a choice. It's not like the athletes get nothing out of it. Why does a player choose to play at Alabama and not Alcorn State? Because it is in his best interest. Not every player who thinks they are going to be an NFL player becomes an NFL player. Players make a choice to pursue the path that will make them the most successful and in exchange the university benefits. It is a win-win. But these demands, at least the ones relating directly to football, are kind of like the guy you hire and is told the salary and benefits, gets hired, and then starts complaining about the company.

Reactions: mrusso

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.