2020 Presidential Election Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Well, you can dig a foxhole with an AK, if the necessity arises, and it'll still function as a rifle. Seriously, what explains this kind of incompetence?
One of the AKs I carried I took out of the back of a burnt out Meatball (GI-speak for MTLB, a Soviet tracked vehicle).
The bluing had been burnt off and the pistol grip was burnt halfway through.
I picked it up, banged it against the side of the MTLB to knock the sand off, put a magazine in the magazine well, charged it and BRRP! it fired full auto first time. No jams. Incredible piece of kit.

Reactions: Go Bama and UAH

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
There was a young (30 something) Habsburg princess that lived here. She passed unexpectedly last spring.

ETA - I think her lineage passed through Luxembourg
Little-known fact, Luxembourg came in second in the ":How fast did the Nazis overrun your country?" sweepstakes. The Danes beat them out. Denmark surrendered after 45 minutes. The Luxembourgers held out all day.
That is a really nice country. I like Luxembourg a lot. They are like Germans, but less uptight. Relaxed as the French, but they don't throw trash on the ground.

Reactions: UAH

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
Little-known fact, Luxembourg came in second in the ":How fast did the Nazis overrun your country?" sweepstakes. The Danes beat them out. Denmark surrendered after 45 minutes. The Luxembourgers held out all day.
That is a really nice country. I like Luxembourg a lot. They are like Germans, but less uptight. Relaxed as the French, but they don't throw trash on the ground.
My wife was planning on going to a 2 or 3 week art workshop this year near Lyon. I was going to go and be a tourist, and had Luxembourg on my planned loop.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
My wife was planning on going to a 2 or 3 week art workshop this year near Lyon. I was going to go and be a tourist, and had Luxembourg on my planned loop.
The capital is a beautiful city, not as big and trashy as Paris, but big enough that there is stuff to do there.
Patton is buried in the U.S. military cemetery outside Luxembourg City.
Diekirch is also nice (although I got a speeding ticket there).

Reactions: crimsonaudio

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
The capital is a beautiful city, not as big and trashy as Paris, but big enough that there is stuff to do there.
Patton is buried in the U.S. military cemetery outside Luxembourg City.
Diekirch is also nice (although I got a speeding ticket there).
Can you not get into Brussels at all now? No kind of exemption?

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Can you not get into Brussels at all now? No kind of exemption?
I think maybe I could if I were to spend two weeks in quarantine, including having someone to fetch food and sundries. Nobody is paying my hotel bill in such a case, however.
The irony is that people from Rwanda can travel to the EU. I think, (exaggeration here) that Rwanda ran 20 Covid tests, and only had 10 positives, so the EU said, "Rwanda has only 10 positives. Let them in." I think the EU just wants rot tweak the nose of the U.S. a bit.

Croatia in August would let Americans in as long as they have a negative Covid test within 72 hours of presenting themselves at immigration in Croatia. Not sure that policy install in place.

I'm working at home. This too shall pass.

Reactions: crimsonaudio

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think maybe I could if I were to spend two weeks in quarantine, including having someone to fetch food and sundries. Nobody is paying my hotel bill in such a case, however.
The irony is that people from Rwanda can travel to the EU. I think, (exaggeration here) that Rwanda ran 20 Covid tests, and only had 10 positives, so the EU said, "Rwanda has only 10 positives. Let them in." I think the EU just wants to tweak the nose of the U.S. a bit.

Croatia in August would let Americans in as long as they have a negative Covid test within 72 hours of presenting themselves at immigration in Croatia. Not sure that policy install in place.

I'm working at home. This too shall pass.
There's no doubt there's some of that going on. I didn't know how much of what you do which can be done from home. Too long and OT for here, but I'll PM you about a neighbor of my daughter deciding to have a survey done. If my daughter and hubby object, they have to go to court. All the damned houses are built on top of each other, anyway...

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Looking at poll averages as of today...

-Wisconsin and Minnesota are safe states for Biden

- Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Arizona are near safe states for Biden

- Florida and North Carolina are going to be fights.

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell and B1GTide

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Looking at poll averages as of today...

-Wisconsin and Minnesota are safe states for Biden

- Michigan, Pennsylvania, and Arizona are near safe states for Biden

- Florida and North Carolina are going to be fights.
Still a long way away, though.

The key thing is that if Trump has to spend time in FL and NC that's time he can't spend in MI and PA.

TBH, I'd love for Arizona - McCain's state, Goldwater's state - to be the reason he loses. The state has been virtually a one-party state for the last 50 years or so, and Trump is the one blowing it.

Reactions: B1GTide and 92tide

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

The key thing is that if Trump has to spend time in FL and NC that's time he can't spend in MI and PA.

TBH, I'd love for Arizona - McCain's state, Goldwater's state - to be the reason he loses. The state has been virtually a one-party state for the last 50 years or so, and Trump is the one blowing it.
the thing with trump is, does he improve things when he spends time in places?

Reactions: selmaborntidefan

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

I know that he is losing badly in AZ in the polls, but I really find it hard to believe they will go Democrat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.