2020 Presidential Election Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
this is the kind of thing that keeps from being too worried about trump not leaving office. he can't actually be bothered to take the time to do anything right.
As I said the other day - the SCARY thing isn't Trump; it's the reality that whatever authoritarian comes after him whether 4 or 24 years from now will NOT be as incompetent as he is. He has successfully set up someone else to succeed at it.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
As I said the other day - the SCARY thing isn't Trump; it's the reality that whatever authoritarian comes after him whether 4 or 24 years from now will NOT be as incompetent as he is. He has successfully set up someone else to succeed at it.
He's done an excellent job at pointing out the holes in our democracy...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
He's done an excellent job at pointing out the holes in our democracy...
Well, his "law and order" party were accessories (mostly) after the fact or he wouldn't have done that near so much, either. As I've reiterated dozens of times - they began with the genuine fear this idiot would actually use his own money and run third party in a vengeful way to throw the election to Hillary - so they tried their version of "keep your friends close but your enemies closer," and now they've become him.

Remember when there was that whole big deal about forcing Trump to sign an agreement to support the nominee if it wasn't him (and he himself made a big deal about it)? I've never understood why they thought a guy with his track record on marriages or business thought contracts meant anything anyway.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
That triggers a reminder: Donald Trump's promises are at bargain basement prices:

1) Trump signs loyalty pledge

Donald Trump has signed the pledge.
The Republican presidential front-runner met privately with Republican National Committee Chairman Reince Priebus Thursday afternoon, and soon after, came out to the lobby of Trump Tower to declare that he has signed a loyalty pledge. This means Trump has promised to support the party's eventual nominee -- whoever that may be -- and that he will not run as a third-party candidate.

2) But then it turns out he lied

Now, with only three candidates remaining in the race, the loyalty pledge appears to be all but dead.

Tuesday night during a CNN town hall in Milwaukee, Wis., moderator Anderson Cooper asked Trump whether he is sticking with his pledge to support the nominee.

"No, I don't anymore," Trump said. "No, we'll see who it is."

Why Donald Trump Reversed His Pledge To Support The GOP Nominee
POLITICS
Why Donald Trump Reversed His Pledge To Support The GOP Nominee

And with respect to his contentious relationship with Texas Sen. Ted Cruz, Trump appeared to release Cruz from the pledge as well.

"Honestly, he doesn't have to support me," Trump said. "I'm not asking for his support.

Reactions: UAH

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
this is pretty funny.
Trump "support our troops" ad.
View attachment 10698
The airplane is a MiG-29, and the guy on the right hand of the photo is carrying what appears to be an AK-74.
Adds new meaning to the term "our" troops.
Earle beat me to it.
Dadgummit.
A friend of mine put it up on Facebook. Before I even read the caption, I spotted the distinctive plane and rifle silhouettes...

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Well, you can dig a foxhole with an AK, if the necessity arises, and it'll still function as a rifle. Seriously, what explains this kind of incompetence?
Some 20-something ad guy who has played Call of Duty but could not tell an AK-74 from a M1 Garand and could not distinguish a MiG from a Sopwith Camel, thought it was a cool photo.

That or Trump defines "our troops" differently from most Americans.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Some 20-something ad guy who has played Call of Duty but could not tell an AK-74 from a M1 Garand and could not distinguish a MiG from a Sopwith Camel, thought it was a cool photo.

That or Trump defines "our troops" differently from most Americans.
my 16 year old that is a call of duty nut absolutely could

Reactions: B1GTide
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.