2020 Presidential Election part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
The most depressing thing to me is that this clown car, circling a dumpster fire, which was caused by a train wreck, is the best we can muster.

Name me one of the pre-Trump presidents who wouldn’t be better than either of these embarrassments.
Biden is better than quite a few, all are better than trump.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
@selmaborntidefan - Texas & Harris County - wouldn't let me quote...
Although we don't have the same population as Harris County (Mobile County 413k) I called the election supervisor today.
We don't allow drop boxes. If we don't want to mail our ballot in, we have to go to one location as well to hand it over. I cannot hand in anyone else's, they'll be checking.
I'm considering voting absentee since yesterday they announced they would begin counting at 7am on election day. But also not sure I can drive across town to drop it while schooling the kids. I could mail it, but that seems sketchy now too.

That y'all have one box for a population similar to that of our whole state is insane.

MobtownK

All-American
Nov 20, 2004
Mobile, Alabama, United States
Honestly- it was before I was born, but from what I understand, Nixon opened up China for trade, and ended the Vietnam War. He was terrible at domestic policy and a crook.
History hasn't looked kindly on him (nor should it). I know people who voted for him, that in hindsight think he was terrible.

History will look down on Trump more than Nixon. It may take 15 years, but this will be an object lesson for future presidents of what not to do.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The most depressing thing to me is that this clown car, circling a dumpster fire, which was caused by a train wreck, is the best we can muster.

Name me one of the pre-Trump presidents who wouldn’t be better than either of these embarrassments.
wouldn’t be a better candidate or better president?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Honestly- it was before I was born, but from what I understand, Nixon opened up China for trade, and ended the Vietnam War. He was terrible at domestic policy and a crook.
History hasn't looked kindly on him (nor should it). I know people who voted for him, that in hindsight think he was terrible.

History will look down on Trump more than Nixon. It may take 15 years, but this will be an object lesson for future presidents of what not to do.
Nixon also helped change our medical system into what it is today. He passed laws that made HMOs and other massive medical conglomerates legal.

Trump is worse than Nixon, but Nixon did a lot of horrible things to America.

• Thank You
Reactions: MobtownK

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
@selmaborntidefan - Texas & Harris County - wouldn't let me quote...
Although we don't have the same population as Harris County (Mobile County 413k) I called the election supervisor today.
We don't allow drop boxes. If we don't want to mail our ballot in, we have to go to one location as well to hand it over. I cannot hand in anyone else's, they'll be checking.
I'm considering voting absentee since yesterday they announced they would begin counting at 7am on election day. But also not sure I can drive across town to drop it while schooling the kids. I could mail it, but that seems sketchy now too.

That y'all have one box for a population similar to that of our whole state is insane.
They're just doing the lord's work

Reactions: 92tide and MobtownK

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Look, folks, I'm not one of these folks who AUTOMATICALLY thinks a person "has" to be biased, but I also firmly believe in rejecting even the mere appearance of impropriety.

What moron thought getting a person who interned for Biden to be a debate moderator was a good idea?
Because even sans Trump, that person(s) is a complete idiot.

I mean, Democrats would have a hissy fit (and rightfully so) if journalist Britt Hume was chosen as debate moderator (despite the fact Hume is the one who asked Dan Quayle what the first thing he would do as President was). They'd bleat on non-stop about how he couldn't possibly be an unbiased moderator because he's said nice stuff about Trump, Fox News, etc.

And they'd be absolutely right as far as appearances.

So again - what idiot decided to hire a Biden intern as the moderator?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000

President Alexander Haig

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Look, folks, I'm not one of these folks who AUTOMATICALLY thinks a person "has" to be biased, but I also firmly believe in rejecting even the mere appearance of impropriety.

What moron thought getting a person who interned for Biden to be a debate moderator was a good idea?
Because even sans Trump, that person(s) is a complete idiot.

I mean, Democrats would have a hissy fit (and rightfully so) if journalist Britt Hume was chosen as debate moderator (despite the fact Hume is the one who asked Dan Quayle what the first thing he would do as President was). They'd bleat on non-stop about how he couldn't possibly be an unbiased moderator because he's said nice stuff about Trump, Fox News, etc.

And they'd be absolutely right as far as appearances.

So again - what idiot decided to hire a Biden intern as the moderator?
I have no idea what you are talking about

Reactions: MobtownK

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Ask me in 4 years.
That’s pretty much my point.

Trump has set the bar so low that Maggie, my British Shorthair cat, could throw catnip at a dartboard and do better.

The fact that any previous president would be better isn’t an answer to the the question. The question is, given the multi-generational opportunity, a cartoonish buffoon of a Republican candidate, Biden is the best the opposition can come up with? Really?

In all seriousness, I think Biden’s health is so fragile, that the real question is Harris vs. Trump....which would not bode well for any of us. Look for a desperate Trump campaign to play that card soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.