2020 Prospect: 2020 Prospect DT McKinnley Jackson

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

With things heating up on MJ recruitment, I wanted to create a thread on him.
As reported, the unofficial visit over the weekend went very well. Alabama was already in very good shape and adding Freddie Roach to the staff might put Bama in the driver's seat.
Freddie Roach and Pete Golding are expected to see him tomorrow. Both coaches have great relationships with MJ.
CNS will see MJ next week after his LSU OV. great move by the GOAT!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

With things heating up on MJ recruitment, I wanted to create a thread on him.
As reported, the unofficial visit over the weekend went very well. Alabama was already in very good shape and adding Freddie Roach to the staff might put Bama in the driver's seat.
Freddie Roach and Pete Golding are expected to see him tomorrow. Both coaches have great relationships with MJ.
CNS will see MJ next week after his LSU OV. great move by the GOAT!
If he commits, along with 3-5 signings.. That should put us at #1 recruiting but it will be close.

Dnelly_7RTR

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2019
I just don`t think some other schools recruit in the same fashion as CNS and Bama. That`s my concern, even though admittedly I have no first hand knowledge.
I agree CNS approach has always been the same. It’s well documented. He doesn’t promise guys anything but a chance to compete at the highest level and a degree/career path. To gained things needed to survive in this world. The structure of the program discipline and his nfl connections. Kirby was the manipulation factor which helped us back then but also tanted us to a degree. So we are getting the guys that fit our program values which is good but not always the top guys. Coach Saban doesn’t seem to want to deal with those highly talented rueben foster types any more.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Coach Saban doesn’t seem to want to deal with those highly talented rueben foster types any more.
I don't know that he doesn't want to - I think he has realized that it hurts the program too much when they leave. I think that Saban's change in recruiting those types of players is a result of the ease of transfer of those players now. They won't take "tough love" and leave before he can turn them around. 10 years ago, he had time. Today, he doesn't. So better to move on to a player who is maybe less talented but more likely to stick it out.

Dnelly_7RTR

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2019
I don't know that he doesn't want to - I think he has realized that it hurts the program too much when they leave. I think that Saban's change in recruiting those types of players is a result of the ease of transfer of those players now. They won't take "tough love" and leave before he can turn them around. 10 years ago, he had time. Today, he doesn't. So better to move on to a player who is maybe less talented but more likely to stick it out.
Exactly I agree 110 percent. Well I’m excited to see how things go in the spring. To see which guys make that leap. Which guys are a surprisingly good.

Reactions: B1GTide

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.