2020 Prospect: 2020 Prospect DT McKinnley Jackson

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
If CJF does what he did to FSU, aTm will be a dumpster fire in a few years.
Jimbo is going to have a hard time competing for the SEC West, much less competing for a national title. I have no idea what happened with Mond in 2019. But he regressed and aTm's offense was unimpressive. I watched them several times and you could tell how Jimbo was calling the game even he had zero confidence in his offense. I don't see that changing this season either.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
We have a few kids that can fill the void that missing on this kid "created"...

I saw McKinley referred to as the next/compared to Ismael Sopsher..Guess what, we have an untapped IS on our roster with a year of learning and CSC under his belt!!!

We would have won with him...We'll win without him...RTR!!!
Roll Tide to that man! Let us not forget the transfer portal. From what I remember, there are 2 x 4* DTs with immediate eligibility - Christmas from Texas and the dude from PSU. If we need help somewhere we can get it.

Reactions: The Ols

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Given the state of our D last season, I’d say we need help.
Dale was unblockable before his injury and Ray is a disruptor. If we get those guys back to 100% added to the youth already on campus, Barmore and these three studs...D Line will be fine.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Dale was unblockable before his injury and Ray is a disruptor. If we get those guys back to 100% added to the youth already on campus, Barmore and these three studs...D Line will be fine.
Indeed, not like we`re bereft of talent. So many hurt last year. Just hope they`re 100% for spring ball AND we just have AVERAGE injury luck. Lord knows we`re due!!

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: CoolBreeze

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Ishmael Sopsher
DT

Amite, LA

6'4"

Byron Young
DT

Laurel, MS

6'5"

Couple other fellas from last year that we might want to keep an eye on...

Those are just the DTs...

...and those numbers are pre-Bama, pre-CSC.

Last edited:

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
We have a few kids that can fill the void that missing on this kid "created"...

I saw McKinley referred to as the next/compared to Ismael Sopsher..Guess what, we have an untapped IS on our roster with a year of learning and CSC under his belt!!!

We would have won with him...We'll win without him...RTR!!!
If Ish gets in shape watch out and i'm being serious. he stood out in practice down the stretch (just like others that are making their names or have) He didn't keep in shape his senior year and thats why he needed a redshirt. We are still extremely deep at DL with young talent

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
If Ish gets in shape watch out and i'm being serious. he stood out in practice down the stretch (just like others that are making their names or have) He didn't keep in shape his senior year and thats why he needed a redshirt. We are still extremely deep at DL with young talent
Now someone fact check me but I believe people forget he was in the top 2 of the entire rankings when he was in shape and before his senior summer/year

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Now someone fact check me but I believe people forget he was in the top 2 of the entire rankings when he was in shape and before his senior summer/year
Doesn't matter Jam. Nick wanted him as did just about everyone else. After his redshirt year I am sure he is chomping at the bit.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Sopsher should make lot of noise this spring. I saw a picture of him in November and man, he looked lot better physically than he did at beginning of the year. Kid is ready to play now. I think DT wise we will be fine. We could see some slipping over to DE occasionally. lot ofopportunites for everyone this spring.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: CoolBreeze

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
1)No. 2 overall recruit Ishmael Sopsher says he just received his “dream offer”

2)Edit: I legit posted this under the wrong response!!!🤣

3)***Meant for this: Now someone fact check me but I believe people forget he was in the top 2 of the entire rankings when he was in shape and before his senior summer/year

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
Agreed the guy is going to be a beast this season.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I meant for this upcoming year...I don't think Sopsher saw anything but scout team...He's going to have year of S&C under his belt and I think he's going to play angry...
I expect Sopsher to take a step forward in his development this year.

We are going to be OK at DT with Dale, Barmore, Mathis and Sopsher currently on the roster and incoming 5* Timothy Smith, 4* Jamil Burroughs and 4* Jah-Marien Latham. Don't sleep on Latham. He comes from a small school but if you look at his quickness and speed for a big man he could be a sleeper in this class.

• Thank You
Reactions: Con and The Ols

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
I expect Sopsher to take a step forward in his development this year.

We are going to be OK at DT with Dale, Barmore, Mathis and Sopsher currently on the roster and incoming 5* Timothy Smith, 4* Jamil Burroughs and 4* Jah-Marien Latham. Don't sleep on Latham. He comes from a small school but if you look at his quickness and speed for a big man he could be a sleeper in this class.
biggest sleeper in this class will be George in a few years

Reactions: TiderJack

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Sophser had to redefine his body.... Young was okay.
agree - Sophser had significant work to do, and might still have a little ways to go. Young played relatively well for being pressed into a bigger role earlier than expected. if he's able to build on that I think he could be pretty productive down the stretch.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Despite saying he made his decision more than a year ago, Jackson kept it close to the vest. His last conversation with Alabama coaches was Tuesday afternoon.
“I told them I wasn’t sure if I’d be signing with them or not,” Jackson said.
Shortly after, he told his family to go get the Texas A&M shirts ready for the ceremony.
“It’s all gig ’em,” Jackson said. “I told coach Jimbo (Fisher) a week ago that I was going to Texas A&M. He said it felt like Christmas, but he couldn’t open the present yet...”
So the kid is a liar, typical.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.