Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
2020 Tidefans Pickem Pool - WEEK 11 -

DEADLINE: Saturday, 11/14 @ 11am CT

Week 11
has 14 games to pick. Bama & OSU are 24+ point favorites in their games. Auburn is a 14.5 favorite vs MSU. Lots of hard decisions to make!

Click to enter your Week 11 picks

HOW TO ENTER:
  • You must be logged in to enter.
  • Direct Link to the Week 11 pool (there is also direct link to the 2020 CFB Regular Season Pickem pool in the PICKEM dropdown on the menu bar)
  • Click on the red "JOIN POOL" button on the top right side bar or "MANAGE PICKS" if you've entered the pool in a previous week of the 2020 season.
  • Pick all of your picks and the two tiebreakers.
  • For tiebreakers, enter the # of YARDS for each one. Read carefully.
  • You can change your Picks at any point up until the deadline (typically on Saturday, 11am CT) at which point the week's picks will be locked and you can't make any new picks or change any picks.
  • "MANAGE YOUR PICKS" prior to the deadline by clicking the red "MANAGE YOUR PICKS" button on the top right side bar.
RULES
  • You must be logged in to enter.
  • There is no cost to enter.
  • ALL picks must be entered before the deadline
  • There are at least 10 picks each week. Some weeks we may have more but never less (unless there are not enough games with odds available)
  • There are 2 tiebreakers each week. One is the top rushing yards by a player in the SEC for that week and the other is the top passing yards by any D1 (FBS) player for the week. ENTER THE # OF YARDS! (If there is not an SEC game that week, the tiebreaker will be the second one only)
  • Each game is worth 1 point if you win the pick (you are picking against the spread)
  • If a game is not played due to COVID-19 or weather or for any other reason, that game will be considered a 0-0 tie game not played and thus have no winners.
    • Update 11/11: Games not played will now NOT have 0-0 as the score but will look as if they haven't been played (which they haven't). The fix is on the backend and the game will be grayed-out in the results. The Week 10 Army/AFA game "result" has been fixed, as well.
    • As of 5pm on 11/11 these are games that will get the 0-0 treatment this week:
      • Ohio State @ Maryland
      • TAMU @ UTn
      • Alabama @ LSU
  • Remember: Picks are against the spread. Picking against the spread example:
    • Kudzu University is playing Weedkiller College
    • Kudzu U. has -4.5 (minus 4.5) beside it meaning Kudzu U. is predicted to WIN by at least 4.5 points.
    • Thus, if you picked Kudzu, they must win the game by at least 5 points before you earn the win point.
    • Even if Weedkiller loses but does so by less than 5, you don't get the win point.
    • A game with a positive spread (i.e. 4.5) means that team is predicted to LOSE by 4.5.
  • Ties for any final end of season prizes will be broken based on lowest cumulative weekly rankings (i.e. if there were 4 weeks and one of the tied leaders finished #1,#1,#3,#5 the cumulative would be 10 and the other finished #2,#2,#2,#2, the second tied leader would win with a cumulative total of 8)
PRIZES:
  • Winner cash/gift card prizes are provided as defined by @81usaf92 based on the accumulated total points for the entire season. His decision is final. Top 3 places will be awarded for most points at the end of the regular season.
  • BamaNation will provide at least 2 random prizes throughout the season in addition to 81usaf92's prizes. Players must have entered the Pick'em that week in order to be eligible to win!
    • Week 9 random wInners (gift card to http://TideFans.shop)
    • Another random in-season prize week will happen later in the season
    • BamaNation will also do a random drawing at the end of the season (prior to any bowl games) for another prize. Each player will get 1 entry per week. So if a player plays all 10 weeks, s/he has 10 entries into the random year-ender prize regardless of how s/he performed.
    • All random prizes are given at the discretion of BamaNation whose judgement is final.
  • In the event that a tie cannot be broken as defined above, prizes will be split by the winners.
  • In the event that any rule needs clarifying, BamaNation will provide the clarification and his judgement is final.
Good luck everyone, and the 6th week (designated WEEK 10) of this Pick'em season is up NOW so go and join. RTR!

PREVIOUS 2020 PICKEM THREADS

Last edited:

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Somebody check my opponents & spreads, please! I've gone through it a couple times, but want to independently verify before we get too far into the week.

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Somebody check my opponents & spreads, please! I've gone through it a couple times, but want to independently verify before we get too far into the week.
Opponents look good. From what I can tell latest spreads average:

Virginia Tech -2.5
Indiana -7.5
Penn State -3.5
Louisiana Lafayette -15.5
Ohio State -25
Texas A&M -8
Stanford -6.5
Auburn/Mississippi State postponed
Alabama -28
Oregon -10
Florida -17.5
Wisconsin -3.5
Mississippi -11
Notre Dame -13.5

On the spreads, a point here or there off of the Vegas books shouldn’t make much of a difference. The important thing, I think is to be in the ballpark and definitely have the favorites and underdogs correctly identified. In other words, “+” where you should have “+” and “-“ where you should have “-“.

• Thank You
Reactions: BamaNation

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Opponents look good. From what I can tell latest spreads average:

Virginia Tech -2.5
Indiana -7.5
Penn State -3.5
Louisiana Lafayette -15.5
Ohio State -25
Texas A&M -8
Stanford -6.5
Auburn/Mississippi State postponed
Alabama -28
Oregon -10
Florida -17.5
Wisconsin -3.5
Mississippi -11
Notre Dame -13.5

On the spreads, a point here or there off of the Vegas books shouldn’t make much of a difference. The important thing, I think is to be in the ballpark and definitely have the favorites and underdogs correctly identified. In other words, “+” where you should have “+” and “-“ where you should have “-“.
Thank you. Exactly what I was hoping for! The spreads are "generally" taken from sportsline.com. I may push it a 1/2 point either way. They're static once I set them meaning I don't care what happens in vegas after I press "submit" :D The Awbie/dawg game will be a 0-0 tie in the results.

Thanks again for checking!

Reactions: PacadermaTideUs

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
awbern-MSU game has been postponed, yet is still on this weeks selections.

How will that work? :unsure:

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
awbern-MSU game has been postponed, yet is still on this weeks selections.

How will that work? :unsure:
0-0 tie in the results. It is listed in the rules above.
  • If a game is not played due to COVID-19 or weather or for any other reason, that game will be considered a 0-0 tie with no winners.
When the game is replayed we'll most likely have it in the picks for that week (ie. week 20 etc)

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
0-0 tie in the results. It is listed in the rules above.
  • If a game is not played due to COVID-19 or weather or for any other reason, that game will be considered a 0-0 tie with no winners.
When the game is replayed we'll most likely have it in the picks for that week (ie. week 20 etc)
Technically if you did not pick that game, you guessed right.

• Haha
Reactions: B1GTide

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
As of 11am on 11/13 these are games that will get the 0-0 Games Not Played (grayed-out) treatment:
  • Ohio State @ Maryland
  • TAMU @ UTn
  • Alabama @ LSU
  • Auburn @ Miss St.

Last edited:
  • Thank You
Reactions: B1GTide

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Last week I saw some people get a win for Air Force for the Army-** game even though it was postponed. Just an FYI in case there is a glitch.

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Thanks @CajunCrimson.

Fixed week 10 for the AFA/Army game. Games not played will now NOT have 0-0 but will look as if they haven't been played (which they haven't). The fix is on the backend and the game will be grayed-out in the results. Will be the same for all not-played games going forward.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Thanks @CajunCrimson.
Thank you oh honorable one :)
Fixed week 10 for the AFA/Army game. Games not played will now NOT have 0-0 but will look as if they haven't been played (which they haven't). The fix is on the backend and the game will be grayed-out in the results. Will be the same for all not-played games going forward.
Thanks

BamaNation

Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
WEEK 11
RESULTS
MEMBER#CorrectTB1:
SEC Rush Yds
(253, Harris USC)
TB2:
Div I Pass
(550, Howell UNC)
TB1diffTB2diff
@DogPatch
181​
517​
62​
33​
@BayouBama75
125​
417​
118​
133​
@NorthernTide
187​
566​
56​
16​
@AngeloToad
7​
175​
425​
68​
125​
@bamadwain
7​
175​
425​
68​
125​
@crimsonaudio
7​
164​
462​
79​
88​
@smith5753
7​
156​
405​
87​
145​
@BearFoot
7​
150​
400​
93​
150​
@Isaiah 63:1
7​
141​
476​
102​
74​
@UAllday
7​
135​
495​
108​
55​
@Chastide
7​
125​
340​
118​
210​
@Con
7​
n/a​
n/a​
n/a​
n/a​
OVERALL STANDINGS THRU WEEK 11CORRECT (out of 84)
@UAllday
46​
@CajunCrimson
44​
@Chastide
44​
@gamersfuel
44​
@NationalTitles17
44​

Reactions: NationalTitles18

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.