Not open for further replies.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
2020 Tidefans Pickem Pool
Week 6
DEADLINE: Saturday, 10/10 @ 11am CT

Instead of a "who ya got" pool. I have discussed with @BamaNation about having a season Pickem pool on the Pickem Part of the site. To which he agreed. So here are some rules:

HOW TO ENTER:
  • You must be logged in to enter.
  • Direct Link to the pool (there is also direct link to the 2020 CFB Regular Season Pickem pool in the PICKEM dropdown on the menu bar)
  • Click on the red "JOIN POOL" button on the top right side bar or "MANAGE PICKS" if you've entered the pool in a previous week of the 2020 season.
  • Pick all of your picks and the two tiebreakers.
  • For tiebreakers, enter the # of YARDS for each one
  • You can change your Picks at any point up this first week up until the deadline at which point the week's picks will be locked and you can't make any new picks or change any picks.
  • "MANAGE YOUR PICKS" prior to the deadline by clicking the red "MANAGE YOUR PICKS" button on the top right side bar.
RULES
  • You must be logged in to enter.
  • There is no cost to enter.
  • ALL picks must be entered before the deadline
  • There are at least 10 picks each week. Some weeks we may have more but never less (unless there are not enough games with odds available)
  • There are 2 tiebreakers each week. One is the top rushing yards by a player in the SEC for that week and the other is the top passing yards by any D1 (FBS) player for the week. ENTER THE # OF YARDS! (If there is not an SEC game that week, the tiebreaker will be the second one only)
  • Each game is worth 1 point if you win the pick (you are picking against the spread)
  • If a game is not played due to COVID-19 or weather or for any other reason, that game will be considered a 0-0 tie with no winners.
  • Remember: Picks are against the spread. Picking against the spread example:
    • Kudzu University is playing Weedkiller College
    • Kudzu U. has -4.5 (minus 4.5) beside it meaning Kudzu U. is predicted to win by at least 4.5 points.
    • Thus, if you picked Kudzu, they must win the game by at least 5 points before you earn the win point.
    • Even if Weedkiller loses but does so by less than 5, you don't get the win point.
    • A game with a positive spread (i.e. 4.5) means that team is predicted to LOSE by 4.5.
  • Ties for any final end of season prizes will be broken based on lowest cumulative weekly rankings (i.e. if there were 4 weeks and one of the tied leaders finished #1,#1,#3,#5 the cumulative would be 10 and the other finished #2,#2,#2,#2, the second tied leader would win with a cumulative total of 8)
PRIZES:
  • Winner cash/gift card prizes are provided as defined by @81usaf92 based on the accumulated total points for the entire season. His decision is final. Top 3 places will be awarded for most points at the end of the regular season.
  • BamaNation will provide at least 2 random prizes throughout the season in addition to 81usaf92's prizes. Players must have entered the Pick'em that week in order to be eligible to win!
  • BamaNation will also do a random drawing at the end of the season (prior to any bowl games) for another prize. Each player will get 1 entry per week. So if a player plays all 10 weeks, s/he has 10 entries into the random year-ender prize regardless of how s/he performed.
  • All random prizes are given at the discretion of BamaNation whose judgement is final.
  • In the event that a tie cannot be broken as defined above, prizes will be split by the winners.
  • In the event that any rule needs clarifying, BamaNation will provide the clarification and his judgement is final.
Good luck everyone, and the 2nd week (designated WEEK 6) of this Pick'em season is up NOW so go and join. RTR!

Last edited by a moderator:

PacadermaTideUs

All-American
Dec 10, 2009
Navarre, FL
Age-old adage for professional sports gamblers: never lay action on a game involving your favorite team.

Personally, I don’t have a problem compartmentalizing my fandom from my wagering objectivity. When it comes to picking for or against Bama, I treat them just like any other team. The only difference is that if I pick against them, I’m very happy to lose.

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Week 6 winners
Place/Name/Correct/ Tiebreaker1

1st @gamersfuel / 7 / 150
2nd @Isaiah 63:1 / 7 / 135
3rd @PacadermaTideUs / 7 / 132

3-way tie for 1st / 7 correct picks / weekly SEC Rushing leader tiebreaker (Najee Harris with 206 yards). SO, congrats @gamersfuel picked 7 games & 150 yards! You win Week 6! @Isaiah 63:1 135 yds & @PacadermaTideUs 132 yds. Congrats all !
Here's the top overall standings after 2 weeks of picking:

#MemberTotal
1​
@PacadermaTideUs
13​
2​
@Chastide
11​
2​
@gamersfuel
11​
2​
@Isaiah 63:1
11​
5​
@CajunCrimson
10​
5​
@Huckleberry
10​
5​
@NationalTitles17
10​
5​
@NoNC4Tubs
10​

Last edited:
Reactions: NationalTitles18
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.