Alabama: 2021-2022 Season - The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
Good: defeated 3/4 of last years final 4 teams.
Bad: Jekyll/Hyde basketball
Ugly: we all got catfished thinking this team was as good as the one that beat 3/4 of the final 4 teams from last year.

Reactions: Con and Bama75&80

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
The Good - An entertaining group to watch all season. They provided lots of excitement to watch basketball again

The Bad - team chemistry. Sometimes I feel like Reese and Petty Were a bit unsung with regards to the passion and chemistry they provided.

The Ugly - we really don’t have as much talent as we should. I do think that JD is a talented high school player. But he’s not an NBA guy. I think Gurley vastly under achieved. And there was no chemistry amongst the three senior guards. And Charles will get better. But he wasn’t ready.

Finally. We may only end up with two or three guys from this season on next year’s roster.

Reactions: BamaMike05

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Good: defeated 3/4 of last years final 4 teams.
Bad: Jekyll/Hyde basketball
Ugly: we all got catfished thinking this team was as good as the one that beat 3/4 of the final 4 teams from last year.
They did beat three of the four final four teams from last year. Not sure what point you’re trying to make

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Good: Bediako is the only player who progressed this year.

Bad: Bediako is the only player who progressed this year.

Ugly: Bediako is the only player who progressed this year.

Bonus Ugly: assuming the young ones go professional, next year will be a team of talented individuals looking for a leader.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Whelp it'd safe to say my bracket is all the way busted lol

I'm thinking this season reminds me of the 2010 football season ... tons of potential but came up short in leadership and execution.

Not the results we were hoping for but still Roll Tide.

Reactions: BamaMike05

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Second half and whole of conference season a (ch)(j)oke.

Good: Maybe next year’s Tide will have sown their wild Oats

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
They did beat three of the four final four teams from last year. Not sure what point you’re trying to make
It was good. But we all thought that was the team we were going to see all year, and sadly it wasn’t. Personally I feel like they couldn’t handle the pressure that came with appearing to be that good. Just my opinion though.

Reactions: CajunCrimson

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
This team had a split personality. They were good enough to make the final four and bad enough to lose to UGA. That made for an ugly ending to the season as one personality took over down the stretch. I hope lessons are learned for next year and that an injection of new talent makes a positive difference.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Good - Bama B-ball is more fun to watch than 3 years ago.

Bad - Lack of floor leadership and team cohesion.

Ugly - Officiating bias. Yeah we didn’t help ourselves but it’s really deflating to these kids knowing you’re not gonna getting the calls.

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
The Good - An entertaining group to watch all season. They provided lots of excitement to watch basketball again

The Bad - team chemistry. Sometimes I feel like Reese and Petty Were a bit unsung with regards to the passion and chemistry they provided.

The Ugly - we really don’t have as much talent as we should. I do think that JD is a talented high school player. But he’s not an NBA guy. I think Gurley vastly under achieved. And there was no chemistry amongst the three senior guards. And Charles will get better. But he wasn’t ready.

Finally. We may only end up with two or three guys from this season on next year’s roster.
Hammer meets nail. Leadership and chemistry. Herb, Petty, and Reese were the “run stoppers”. Last year when the other team started to get on a roll, one these guys stepped up and hit the big shot or made the play to stop that momentum.

Look , people can throw blame at CNO all they want for this season. And yes “the buck does stop” ultimately with him. But you can’t force “chemistry”. That comes playing together, trusting each other, liking each other and caring about each other. Yes they played together, but I’m not so sure about liking trusting and caring about each other. Leadership? I really never got any sense there was a guy or two on this team that represented “the glue”.

That IMO is what CNO has to figure out going into next year. You can bring in all the top 10 recruiting classes you want. But if can’t find that “glue” that makes roster of very talented individuals one cohesive team, then system means nothing.

RTR

beatthemtigers

All-American
Jan 4, 2006

I wouldn’t mind if that number was closer to 0-1 with this comment, but yeah I see this happening too

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
This team never really considered what they wanted to get out of the season imo. The on court decision-making was very poor in the last half of the season. The backcourt way under achieved in all respects. Poor ball handling, poor shooting, and poor defense.

Oats needs to retool the roster for next year.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.