2021 Prospect: 2021 4* LB Kendrick Blackshire

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Hasn't this guy already commited?
Bone says yes but i didn't see it anywhere. Did the Boneman jump the shark on this one?

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Bone has taken down this video he had on his youtube page. In it he says blackshire has commited. Maybe he jumped the gun on this one. Bone is pretty well connected and usually spot on when it comes to recruiting. Just a matter of time i think.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Bone has taken down this video he had on his youtube page. In it he says blackshire has commited. Maybe he jumped the gun on this one. Bone is pretty well connected and usually spot on when it comes to recruiting. Just a matter of time i think.
He's a silent commit...he's been a silent commit for months....just waiting for him to go public.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
I don't think that's what happened. Bone is a good dude. Bone thinks, and with good reason i hope, that KB commits soon. He prerecords a short segment, it was just 3 or 4 mins long, talking about his commitment. So let's say KB commits at noon Monday, he has a quick segment ready to go. All media does this. The problem happens when it was published by mistake, should have put on file, to be used later. Just a simple screwup. My theory FWIW

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I don't think that's what happened. Bone is a good dude. Bone thinks, and with good reason i hope, that KB commits soon. He prerecords a short segment, it was just 3 or 4 mins long, talking about his commitment. So let's say KB commits at noon Monday, he has a quick segment ready to go. All media does this. The problem happens when it was published by mistake, should have put on file, to be used later. Just a simple screwup. My theory FWIW
that’s what I mean by unprofessional. It takes a lot of accidental clicks to put things like that in tweets.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
that’s what I mean by unprofessional. It takes a lot of accidental clicks to put things like that in tweets.
It was an accident...it was always a video posted on Youtube not a tweet. A lot of recruiting guys have stories set on automatic especially if a recruit tells them that they are committing and a time to make sure that they have the story ready to break in a timely manner. Blackshire may have told Bone a certain time (there were heavy rumors and I also heard that he was committing either Friday or Saturday) and changed his mind. Hate to say it...but Blackshire has no thunder with this one. Everyone sees this one miles away.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
It was an accident...it was always a video posted on Youtube not a tweet. A lot of recruiting guys have stories set on automatic especially if a recruit tells them that they are committing and a time to make sure that they have the story ready to break in a timely manner. Blackshire may have told Bone a certain time (there were heavy rumors and I also heard that he was committing either Friday or Saturday) and changed his mind. Hate to say it...but Blackshire has no thunder with this one. Everyone sees this one miles away.
It’s still his moment. Bone should’ve double checked with him, and if necessary, canceled his automatic whatever he had scheduled. It’s responsible journalism. If Bone is trusted by these guys and “sources” he has a responsibility to keep mistakes to a minimum.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
He doesn’t look like he is in high school. Reminds me of how developed physically Shane Lee was last year coming out of high school.

View attachment 9195
I'd say better than Lee. Lee had a LOT of bad/unproductive weight that significantly limited his mobility. Blackshire doesn't appear to have the bad weight, so hopefully his mobility will be better than what we saw from Lee in year 1. Lee still has time to adapt (like Foster) and lose the weight to gain the needed speed and mobility to play in a modern offense

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.