2021 Alabama Secondary.....

Windsortide

All-American
Nov 11, 2019
How many freshman corners have we had that came in and were so talented that we did not feel the loss of the junior or senior that left the year before that they are replacing? CNS system is complicated and it would require alot (maybe alot is too weak of a word) of talent to overcome being new to the system.
Only three I can think of are Jeremiah Castile, Deshea Townsend, and Fernando Bryant.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
My worry is that Moore and Branch don’t have elite speed and haven’t mastered the angles yet. So a team with multiple viable targets and a QB who can run through progressions (thinking Ole Miss here) can hurt us.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa
I was not at the game but the 6a championship was held at Bryant Denny stadium and if I'm not mistaken McKinstry was the MVP. Through in the fact he was 247's highest rated corner in the nation I don't see him being that bad.
I was there, and watched all the games that day. And, like I said, I'm no expert on high school football, rankings, or talent evaluation, but he didn't even look like the best player on the field to me.

I guess my point is that my expectations are MUCH lower than the OP in regards to how much he'll help the '21 defense.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I was there, and watched all the games that day. And, like I said, I'm no expert on high school football, rankings, or talent evaluation, but he didn't even look like the best player on the field to me.

I guess my point is that my expectations are MUCH lower than the OP in regards to how much he'll help the '21 defense.
To each their own and I hope you are wrong about Kool Aid (I believe you are wrong). He was named MVP of the AL/MS all-star game and had a beautiful interception and returned it 90 yards for a TD, was the Alabama HS player of the year and was a consensus 5*. I think he has a good chance to start in our secondary. I do have lower expectations on how much he will play on our basketball team next year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.