2021 BAMA bball Recruiting thread ...

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
Heard on a tide podcast that Bediako is going to narrow his list and announce a top 5 on Saturday. Has been a lean to Bama for a while now and would be a great way to keep the buzz and momentum going.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
But 247 Sports now has us in the "Cool" status with Jabari Smith. Not sure what happened for things to change with him. Seems like his recruitment started to change after the pandemic came into play so we will see how it turns out.
API got him. All we need to know.

• Thank You
Reactions: Marg

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
Ended up losing traction on Smith a while back after being pretty strong initially. Yet to hear a solid reason why, but my thought is the staff felt like we had a better shot with Houstan and shifted gears. Anyway, we’re in a good position with Houstan after making the cut to his final 4, so may not matter that we missed on Smith. Just hope the staff can close and bring him on board.

Reactions: BAMAVILLE

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
The Bagman still lives...? :unsure:
Nothing concrete here but thinking it may be more of what Marge alluded to than anything else. Not saying that the Bagman doesn't still live ... just saying one of the parties lost interest for some reason. Much success to him until we play of course. Out of the two, Caleb looks to be the better fit for CNOs system. Here's hoping we land him in a big way.

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
As expected, Alex Fudge (#45 overall) committed to LSU. Odd that he said he is going to enroll early with the plan to redshirt next year. Don’t know that I’ve seen that combination. Usually come in early to prepare to contribute that season or wait, enjoy your senior year, then enroll and redshirt.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
This staff has really been thinking outside the box in their approach to recruiting. They changed our recruiting window from a regional to a national/international one in the short time they've been here. Truly impressive, really believing all of their hard work will continue to pay off and we see a brand of Bama basketball that sets the standard of cbb.

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
I think I read where he would like to make his decision before their season starts. Not sure of the early signing date but their season will probably start in the next 1 to 2 months.
In looking at their schedule, Montverde's first game is 11/12. If Houstan plans to commit before their season starts, we now know the date range. FYI, the early signing period is 11/11 - 11/18, so he could commit and sign before their game, if he so chooses. At the least, he could get it out of the way early and be able to focus on his season.

Wilson's team has their first scrimmage on 10/17. Not heard anything about him committing before they play, but would be nice to see. Especially considering the number of CB's that have been going our way with him recently (8 out of 8 last time I checked).

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
From the articles I've been reading, we may be the team to beat for Houstan. There aren't any CBs for him, but I couldn't find a single article that picked a different school. He's stated he will announce before his first game, which is in less than a month. If we can reel him in, along with those already committed and the heavy leans, this is going to be an INCREDIBLE class. Potential for 3 5*'s and 3 4*'s. Just wow.

Reactions: CraigD and dayhiker

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.