VERBALLY COMMITTED
5 star JD Davidson PG
4 star Jusaun Holt SF
4 star Langston Wilson PF

TOP TARGETS
5 star Caleb Houstan PF
5 star Charles Bediako C
4 star Wesley Cardet CG

Caleb may be the next recruit to commit, he's looking at a possible late November date. Reports have had it being a battle between either us and Duke or us and Michigan. Virginia is in the mix as well but it bodes well that we've been the consistent team in the mix.

Bediako is pretty much the recruit out of this class we have the strongest lock for. It's been between us and Duke and Duke pundits has publicly conceded their efforts to land him over the last month.

Cardet is the probable wild card only because of roster space. We've lead for him for a while now and it would be hard to see this staff continue to recruit him if they didn't feel as though they would have space for him so I'm really thinking he will be a part of this class. No tentative date has been set for his announcement but wouldn't be surprised if he commits during the early signing period as well.

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
I agree. However, I think we have a true need for every player left on our list. My understanding is they are all slated to make their decisions before the end of the early signing period. If we're able to sign them all, I think the staff should do it and allow the roster to play itself out over the course of the year.

Cardet - I also thought about him as a player to fill in if we miss on others. However, as I've thought about it, we really may need his skill set next year. He is reportedly a very able ball handler. Considering Jones will definitely be gone after the season (graduation) and the not-improbable loss of JQ (three years out of HS by that point), Shaq (if he does work on defense and ball-handling as reported, along with his shooting ability, I could see him move on) and Primo (high expectations that he is a very likely one-and-done), we would have a very strong need for another ball handler to rest Davison. I think Cardet definitely has a place on the roster and has been a lean for some time now.

Houstan - Really looking like it's coming down to Bama and Michigan. VA made the top 4, but I have not seen anything to believe they are still in it. Same with Duke. The Duke articles out there all but concede losing him (to Bama) and I can't find anything regarding VA's ability to land him. Call me biased, but I really haven't seen anything to make be believe that Michigan will be able to pull him. My gut tells me we're the team to beat.

Bediako - Has been a strong lean for quite some time. With the relationship with other players on the roster, he looks to be Bama bound. In reading articles from other teams with him as a final prospect, I have not seen any that really even indicate their chance at signing him. Looks like Canadian pipeline appears established and running strong.

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
Houstan shared his blog with SI breaking down his recruitment, top schools, etc. Not much new info. Talking about the final four teams and trying to find how he fits with the programs’ plans for him. However, he does confirm no set date to announce a decision but would like to do it before his season starts in mid to late November. Same info as prior reports, but this is at least directly from his blog.

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
If the football team is able to land Ga’Quincy McKinstry (Koolaid), how might that impact the basketball team? He’s made it clear that he wants to play both sports in college. How might his potential signing impact basketball scholarships available? I thought I remembered a few years ago that the NCAA mandated that if a recruited player in football signed with a school under a different sport, the football team still had to hold a spot for them as well. I think this was to keep schools from over signing by putting them under a different sport. If this is still the case, does it work the other way in regards to signing in football but playing another sport as well? I wouldn’t think it would apply to every person that wanted to walk-on to another sport. Perhaps be a “recruited” player for that sport or a certain level of prospect? Just curious if this could this eat up a basketball scholly.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
If the football team is able to land Ga’Quincy McKinstry (Koolaid), how might that impact the basketball team? He’s made it clear that he wants to play both sports in college. How might his potential signing impact basketball scholarships available? I thought I remembered a few years ago that the NCAA mandated that if a recruited player in football signed with a school under a different sport, the football team still had to hold a spot for them as well. I think this was to keep schools from over signing by putting them under a different sport. If this is still the case, does it work the other way in regards to signing in football but playing another sport as well? I wouldn’t think it would apply to every person that wanted to walk-on to another sport. Perhaps be a “recruited” player for that sport or a certain level of prospect? Just curious if this could this eat up a basketball scholly.
If he is on Football Schollie, then it would not count towards Basketball. If it were the other way around, it would still count against Football IIRC... :unsure:

• Thank You
Reactions: Marg

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I'm as much or perhaps more excited about kool-aid as a basketball player as I am a football player. Glad to hear that he is Rolling with the Tide!

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
He will be on scholarship with football. He would be treated as a non scholarship walk on player in basketball not counting against our allotted scholarship players.

Marg

1st Team
Mar 24, 2003
Somewhere, AL
Thanks for the confirmation about the scholarship. Good news as he would be a great addition to the basketball roster. If that’s the case that he won’t count, then that may work in our favor for Terrion Arnold as well. He is a 4* safety that we’re recruiting who is also looking at playing both sports in college. Would be a tremendous pickup if he could add another talented player without using a basketball scholarship.

Can’t find a basketball Profile, but the football one does confirm he’s a talented basketball player.

• Thank You
Reactions: seebell

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Thanks for the confirmation about the scholarship. Good news as he would be a great addition to the basketball roster. If that’s the case that he won’t count, then that may work in our favor for Terrion Arnold as well. He is a 4* safety that we’re recruiting who is also looking at playing both sports in college. Would be a tremendous pickup if he could add another talented player without using a basketball scholarship.

Can’t find a basketball Profile, but the football one does confirm he’s a talented basketball player.
We could have two quality "walk-ons" if we also get Arnold in football. I am sure there are roster limits for basketball. Is it 15?

Reactions: Blindside17

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Reactions: dayhiker

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.