2021 BAMA bball Recruiting thread ...

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
This may have already been asked and answered. If Mckinstry signs for football during the early signing period and enrolls early in January, can he join the basketball team in January without losing any eligibility? It would be great if he could just practice with the team and even get a few minutes of college playing time. Seems like that would get him a head start.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
This may have already been asked and answered. If Mckinstry signs for football during the early signing period and enrolls early in January, can he join the basketball team in January without losing any eligibility? It would be great if he could just practice with the team and even get a few minutes of college playing time. Seems like that would get him a head start.
I thought I'd read he was skipping his senior basketball season specifically to concentrate on football. You're asking if it's possible, not will it happen though. I don't know the answer to if it's possible.

Bama9001

1st Team
Sep 26, 2017
I thought I'd read he was skipping his senior basketball season specifically to concentrate on football. You're asking if it's possible, not will it happen though. I don't know the answer to if it's possible.
I guess if he's enrolling early he would have missed a lot of his HS basketball season anyway.

Another question. If he's on football scholarship, and plays basketball, does he effect our basketball numbers in any way?

imauafan

All-American
Mar 3, 2004
Huntsville, AL
I guess if he's enrolling early he would have missed a lot of his HS basketball season anyway.

Another question. If he's on football scholarship, and plays basketball, does he effect our basketball numbers in any way?
No, he will be considered a basketball walk-on if he is on a football scholarship.

Reactions: TiderJack

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

No, it shouldn't, unless the rules have changed... :cool:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
You did read that. I think he will hit the ground running in the S&C program and start learning the playbook at CB.

Reactions: Tiderollin32

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Wesly Cardet in action (number 11 for West Oaks [team in grey]) ... can't express enough how important landing this young man's signature will be to the 2021 class. He's excellent in breaking down the defense as a slasher and either creating a shot for himself and creating shots for others.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Nimari Burnett is leaving Texas Tech. He is a former 4* recruit and I know we were heavily involved in recruiting him out of HS. Wonder if the staff will try to pursue again (or if we have room)?

Very interesting to see how this plays out. Wont be surprised if its Michigan though due to it being closer to home.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Does anyone have an update on which basketball recruits are likely to sign with Alabama in early February?
The regular signing date is April 14th so we probably wont hear any concrete talks on updates until late Feb-March. As of now we are still trending as favorites with both Cardet and Bediako. Of course this teams record doesn't hurt out chances with them either so :)

Right now, we have at least 4 players that won't be here next year since they are seniors. There's a possibility that one or two may go pro early or transfer so we should have room for both.

If we land both Cardet and Bediako, we will have another talent-laden roster with depth that will be a lil more athletic than this years but will all be able to shoot the 3-ball and be able to attack the basket.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.