2021 BAMA bball Recruiting thread ...

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
There was a tweet from someone, the same account that broke the Burnett news, that said “Bama‘s not done yet“ or something to that effect. Let me see if I can find it.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I think the only senior we'd have on the roster next year would be if Gurley transfers from Furman. Shaq and JQ would both be listed as juniors. We'll be more talented, but the experience will be a good bit different from this past season.

BamaMike05

All-American
Jul 4, 2009
Huntsville, Alabama, United States
I think the only senior we'd have on the roster next year would be if Gurley transfers from Furman. Shaq and JQ would both be listed as juniors. We'll be more talented, but the experience will be a good bit different from this past season.
While the experience will be different, this will be Shack and JQ’s 3rd year in the system and both now have experience with a postseason run in the SECT and the NCAAT. Keon Ellis will also be a Jr,. While we don’t have 4 seniors, we still have enough experience to have really good leadership. CNO has his culture set.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Who transfers does Rojas or Miles?
If it comes down to those two, if it's a matter of "fit" for the program it's Rojas by a mile.

I've said I like Rojas attitude and hustle/grit, but in terms of talent he really doesn't fit well into the system.

As for Miles, if he can cut out the mistakes that kept him out of the regular rotation, I think he could be a break out player next year. He's a perfect fit, physically, for what CNO is aiming for!

Reactions: seebell

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
If it comes down to those two, if it's a matter of "fit" for the program it's Rojas by a mile.

I've said I like Rojas attitude and hustle/grit, but in terms of talent he really doesn't fit well into the system.

As for Miles, if he can cut out the mistakes that kept him out of the regular rotation, I think he could be a break out player next year. He's a perfect fit, physically, for what CNO is aiming for!
I have to agree on Rojas. He was very valuable in spots this year, when we were so short of inside muscle. However, Gary is somewhat similar, with more basketball skills and a couple of inches shorter. With two inside guys with true length coming, Rojas may be the odd man out...

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
While the experience will be different, this will be Shack and JQ’s 3rd year in the system and both now have experience with a postseason run in the SECT and the NCAAT. Keon Ellis will also be a Jr,. While we don’t have 4 seniors, we still have enough experience to have really good leadership. CNO has his culture set.
I agree totally. These guys showed leadership during the run last year as well so as long as they keep the core culture and keep in mind every time they step on the floor they have a goal to accomplish, they may be able to have a season to rival last years.

TexasBama

TideFans Legend
Jan 15, 2000
Houston, Texas USA
I have to agree on Rojas. He was very valuable in spots this year, when we were so short of inside muscle. However, Gary is somewhat similar, with more basketball skills and a couple of inches shorter. With two inside guys with true length coming, Rojas may be the odd man out...
Gary was great last year in our small lineup. I’ve said it several times, but he was our Andre Iguadola.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I agree, just mainly pointing out the observation that I haven’t seen talked about much.

Reactions: BamaMike05

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
I’m curious who will be next man out if Gurley transfers. I suspect Ambrose-Hylton is more likely than Miles or Gary.

Reactions: TIDE-HSV

bamadwain

All-American
Oct 8, 2018
Jackson Tn

I believe it would be Rojas, Coach has said he love's Miles athleticism and i have heard former coaches talk bout he's length and the way he can shoot it

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
So, I've seen this on the other board, but If Ellis is a junior as of now, since he enrolled Summer 2020, then does that mean He'll be a senior Summer 2021?

If so, then Rojas would be only one to transfer and we keep others.

Keon Ellis - Men's Basketball - University of Alabama Athletics (rolltide.com)
Very good question...would be good if the case. I'm thinking the way it would work is if he was a senior this past season though. Definitely could be wrong

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.