Game Thread: 2021 Braves season (Atl in 1st, PHI 1 GB, NYM 2.5 GB) (44 games remaining)

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
I know I asked this about 10 days ago but where the heck is Bryse Wilson?

He looked really promising to end last season and I can't find any news for him online??

Is he even still on the MLB roster or did they option him back to the Minors??

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I know I asked this about 10 days ago but where the heck is Bryse Wilson?

He looked really promising to end last season and I can't find any news for him online??

Is he even still on the MLB roster or did they option him back to the Minors??
Smyly took his place. I think Ynoa is our 2nd LR so Bryse is back to proving it

• Sad
Reactions: tusks_n_raider

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Smyly took his place???

That... is... shocking...

I guess I’m never going to understand Snitker’s moves.
Well before the season ever started we had 3 spots secured

Soroka
Fried
Anderson

We added Morton and Smyly. Morton has proven his worth and Smyly is just okay. I personally think Ynoa is the better pitcher out of the 3 (Bryse, Smyly, and Ynoa) but who knows.

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
Even with the bullpen, last nights game should have never gotten to extra innings. You start the 9th with 2 hit by pitches, no outs, 2 on, but the Braves haven't been able to play small ball for years.

Inciarte has a horrible at bat, striking out trying to bunt, offering at the first 3 pitches he saw. Only 1 of those pitches should have even been offered at, the third one was a joke, high and inside. No business trying to bunt that pitch.

Adrianza sees only 3 pitches as well, the first 2 are way outside. Third pitch wasn't bad but after 2 bad misses, let it go and make the guy throw more strikes, at this point he hasn't been particularly accurate.

2 quick outs and a wasted opportunity so far. Acuna has the only decent at bat in the inning, drawing a walk on 7 pitches. See what happens when you are patient. So it is up to ...

Albies, the most impatient guy on the team. I swear it must be in his contract that he has to swing at the first pitch. He does, hits it foul but, it was a clear ball not really close to the zone. Second pitch is further outside and he swings and misses. So, it should be 2-0 but because Albies can't not swing, it is 0-2. Pitch 3 and 4 are balls no where close, 2-2. That should have walked in the winning run if Albies had any patients. Pitch 5, almost the same spot as the second one and he fouls it off. Should be 3-2 or ball 5, however you want to look at it. Pitch 6, way too high but he swings and hits it foul. Should have been ball 4 again, or ball 6. Pitch 7, the only pitch he sees in the strike zone, groundout to end the inning. 7 pitches, 6 balls and he swings at 4 of those balls. Worst at bat in the inning IMO, just a pathetic effort and lack of patients. Game should have been over, Albies could have walked twice in that at bat if he wouldn't swing at every freaking pitch!

Albies needs to be moved to 7th or 8th in the lineup, he's is killing this team at 2 right now.

Reactions: B1GTide

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Even with the bullpen, last nights game should have never gotten to extra innings. You start the 9th with 2 hit by pitches, no outs, 2 on, but the Braves haven't been able to play small ball for years.

Inciarte has a horrible at bat, striking out trying to bunt, offering at the first 3 pitches he saw. Only 1 of those pitches should have even been offered at, the third one was a joke, high and inside. No business trying to bunt that pitch.

Adrianza sees only 3 pitches as well, the first 2 are way outside. Third pitch wasn't bad but after 2 bad misses, let it go and make the guy throw more strikes, at this point he hasn't been particularly accurate.

2 quick outs and a wasted opportunity so far. Acuna has the only decent at bat in the inning, drawing a walk on 7 pitches. See what happens when you are patient. So it is up to ...

Albies, the most impatient guy on the team. I swear it must be in his contract that he has to swing at the first pitch. He does, hits it foul but, it was a clear ball not really close to the zone. Second pitch is further outside and he swings and misses. So, it should be 2-0 but because Albies can't not swing, it is 0-2. Pitch 3 and 4 are balls no where close, 2-2. That should have walked in the winning run if Albies had any patients. Pitch 5, almost the same spot as the second one and he fouls it off. Should be 3-2 or ball 5, however you want to look at it. Pitch 6, way too high but he swings and hits it foul. Should have been ball 4 again, or ball 6. Pitch 7, the only pitch he sees in the strike zone, groundout to end the inning. 7 pitches, 6 balls and he swings at 4 of those balls. Worst at bat in the inning IMO, just a pathetic effort and lack of patients. Game should have been over, Albies could have walked twice in that at bat if he wouldn't swing at every freaking pitch!

Albies needs to be moved to 7th or 8th in the lineup, he's is killing this team at 2 right now.
Right now the line up should probably be

1) Acuna
2) Dansby
3) Freddie
4) D’arnaud
5) Ozuna
6) Ozzie
7) Riley
8) Pache
9) pitcher

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL

I'm not sure if #2 or later in the lineup is best for Ozzie but let's not throw him under the bus yet because he's not the only guy struggling right now.

Also remember we're only a little over a season from him hitting...

2019 - Avg (.295) HR (24) RBI's (86) w/ an OBP (.352)

I have a feeling part of our problem right now is that so many guys are off and the pressure is mounting to snap out of it collectively, so they are probably pressing and being impatient trying to break through and make something happen instead of letting the game come to them.

If we could just string a couple of good/great offensive games together everyone might could relax.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.