Game Thread: 2021 Braves season (Atl in 1st, PHI 1 GB, NYM 2.5 GB) (44 games remaining)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Smyly sucks something fierce.
He is a good #4 to #5 guy. Had we gotten A good #2 guy then Morton and Smyly instead of dumping a truck load on Ozuna then I guarantee you that Smyly’s bad moments would be treated like “well we will get them tomorrow” instead of “good god it’s the wrong time for this crap”.

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Look I’m tired of everyone defending Snitker just to put the blame on Liberty. This inning shows you all you need to know why that is extremely short sighted.

1st) you leave matzek out there just to burn a hitter they didn’t want out there and let them put out the one they want by bringing Martin in.

2nd) Runner on 2nd and 3rd with Schmidt up 1 out and you choose to go against a guy that is a power hitter instead of a top 5 double play candidate.

Liberty has nothing to do with alternative 16 games in a row. Snitker is 80% of the blame with all this cute decision making from the line up to in game management.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Look I’m tired of everyone defending Snitker just to put the blame on Liberty. This inning shows you all you need to know why that is extremely short sighted.

1st) you leave matzek out there just to burn a hitter they didn’t want out there and let them put out the one they want by bringing Martin in.

2nd) Runner on 2nd and 3rd with Schmidt up 1 out and you choose to go against a guy that is a power hitter instead of a top 5 double play candidate.

Liberty has nothing to do with alternative 16 games in a row. Snitker is 80% of the blame with all this cute decision making from the line up to in game management.
Everyone? Who the hell is defending Snit other than media type guys?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I swear we have the dumbest announcers. “French do you send Dansby here?”…

It’s about the easiest decision in the world here.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think we get him next year anyway, but yes we should go ahead and sign him up. Espcially if the DH comes back.
I think for the outfield him and Duvall should be a top 5 priority. They are consistent power bats that play good defense, and we can get them for cheap.

Solar is probably a guy that we could probably afford on the bench.

Priorities:

1) Sign Freddie
2) Sign a good #2 starting pitcher
3) Re-sign Morton and Smyly if affordable
4) Keep the good bullpen arms
5) re-sign the outfield

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I think for the outfield him and Duvall should be a top 5 priority. They are consistent power bats that play good defense, and we can get them for cheap.

Solar is probably a guy that we could probably afford on the bench.

Priorities:

1) Sign Freddie
2) Sign a good #2 starting pitcher
3) Re-sign Morton and Smyly if affordable
4) Keep the good bullpen arms
5) re-sign the outfield
I agree with almost all but I would let Smyly go. We definitely need the outfield, Acuna might not be ready opening day next year. An ACL usually takes a year.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I agree with almost all but I would let Smyly go. We definitely need the outfield, Acuna might not be ready opening day next year. An ACL usually takes a year.
With how Mueller is doing I think we could afford to pass on Smyly but with how much it is going to cost to keep Freddie and pay Ozuna not to play we may have no choice. I think we possibly could be in the Scherzer market if Bauer is allowed to play, but with our organization you know we will mess it up.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.