Game Thread: 2021 Braves season (Atl in 1st, PHI 1 GB, NYM 2.5 GB) (44 games remaining)

BamaNation

Publisher and Benevolent Dictator
Staff member
Apr 9, 1999
Silicon Slopes
TideFans.com
Welp we lose another one in which we scored 5 runs.

Snitker has to go because this AA manager philosophy is beyond ridiculous.
How about we get rid of ownership and exec mgmt first? AA & BS can only use what they're allowed to possess.

Again, I appeal to ATL billionaires. Can Dan Cathy / Chick-Fil-A buy the team? What about Sara Blakley and her husband Andy Ressler (who own the Hawks)? Come on people! You can't take it with you!

We HAVE to be able to get guys who don't have 5.5 ERAs and 0.194 BA. Seriously how can we compete with LAD who are spending $300MM and get whoever they want? I believe they just became the first team IN THE HISTORY OF MLB to have 4 MVPs and 4 Cy Young winners on the SAME TEAM.

The inability to make major trades every year is so frustrating. It's fine when things are going well like last 2 years. But this year called for making a major move. NYM & PHI are not better than ATL. ATL should be destroying them.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Full Banjeaux!
Reactions: DzynKingRTR and CB4

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
How about we get rid of ownership and exec mgmt first? AA & BS can only use what they're allowed to possess.

Again, I appeal to ATL billionaires. Can Dan Cathy / Chick-Fil-A buy the team? How Sara Blakley and her husband Andy Ressler (who own the Hawks)?

We HAVE to be able to get guys who don't have 5.5 ERAs and 0.194 BA. Seriously how can we compete with LAD who are spending $300MM and get whoever they want? I believe they just became the first team IN THE HISTORY OF MLB to have 4 MVPs and 4 Cy Young winners on the SAME TEAM.
That’s what has been so frustrating. The Dodgers, year end and year out, have ownership that is willing to make that deal to put them over the top.

I understand NOT sacrificing the future in order to pull off a blockbuster trade at the deadline. However, in the end, that “can’t miss” prospect sitting at Double A is still a “prospect” nonetheless.

If you look at the trade the Dodgers made yesterday, one could say “they gave up a lot for the future” but they got a lot in return with Scherzer and Turner. Sometimes you simply have to say “the future is now”.

The NCLS goes through LA once again. And a team in the Braves that showed so much promise at the end of last season, missing seemingly only a few pieces of the puzzle, can’t get past .500 after 100+ games in the season.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa

Again, I appeal to ATL billionaires. Can Dan Cathy / Chick-Fil-A buy the team? What about Sara Blakley and her husband Andy Ressler (who own the Hawks)? Come on people! You can't take it with you!

The inability to make major trades every year is so frustrating. It's fine when things are going well like last 2 years. But this year called for making a major move. NYM & PHI are not better than ATL. ATL should be destroying them.

the only trade i was happy about was the closer we got. He has 14 saves on a terrible team. The rest were pretty meh.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
a guy you want gone has had a helluva night
Well I want Will Smith and Shane Greene gone now.

Dansby is very Jekyll and Hyde. One day he will have 4 RBIs and 3-4 and the next 4 he will have 3-4 errors and won’t hit anything. I still think he shouldn’t be a person that can’t be put on the trade block.

Reactions: DzynKingRTR

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Well I want Will Smith and Shane Greene gone now.

Dansby is very Jekyll and Hyde. One day he will have 4 RBIs and 3-4 and the next 4 he will have 3-4 errors and won’t hit anything. I still think he shouldn’t be a person that can’t be put on the trade block.
I wouldn't care if he was traded. He is probably the most inconsistent player we have and that is saying a lot.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I wouldn't care if he was traded. He is probably the most inconsistent player we have and that is saying a lot.
If you gave me a choice between him or Trevor Story then I’m taking Story. But there are quite a few that I would pass on. I just don’t see Dansby as a guy that we have to have to win.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
We lost today because we got cute with a lineup card. How many times must it be proven that lefty-righty doesn’t work. You play “who is hot” and don’t think twice about it.

Dansby missed the play of the game and sucked at the plate, but putting Smith and Heredia out there was just stupid.

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.