Game Thread: 2021 Braves season (Atl in 1st, PHI 1 GB, NYM 2.5 GB) (44 games remaining)

CB4

Hall of Fame
Aug 8, 2011
Birmingham, AL
There was no way the Marlins were ever going to give us Marte. This is a “I’m saving my ass” quote. Buxton I really have no idea. But who he did get are good enough. But again… pitching
Does the guy who wrote that (John Buhler) detail AA’s cars for him on the weekend and pick up clothes at the cleaners?

That article or opinion piece reads like it was written by the president of the “AA Fan Club”.

What a bunch of milk toast drivel.

Last edited:
Reactions: 81usaf92

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
We are in the baseball twilight zone.

I'd rather have a 10 game losing streak then this constant flirting with mediocracy.
No flirting - it's one of the more incredible embraces with and marriage to, consistent mediocracy I've ever seen. They have literally alternated winning and losing every single of the 18 games since the All Star break.

If and when Anderson, Ynoa and d'Arnaud return this month, they will be the best team in the division and go on a winning binge. In fact, it looks like they will break the streak tonight and start winning now :).

Fried, Morton, Anderson, Ynoa and Muller/Smyly is not a bad rotation. The offense is not bad, though too reliant on HR power.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Meant to post this yesterday. Pete Van Wieren died on August 2, 2014, and Skip Caray died on August 3, 2008. Some of the best original lines from Skip that will take us all back:

The bases are loaded and I wish I was.

Like lambs to the slaughter the Braves take the field.
"Here's your Atlanta traffic report: 285 is jammed, 75 is a parking lot, I20 is a mess."

It's a partial sellout (looking out to see maybe 6000 fans)

Bob Horner has deceptive speed, he's slower than he looks.

Today’s contestant in the Home Run Challenge is Betty Hayes, who lives in a post office box in Cairo, Georgia

He's listed as day-to-day but then again aren't we all?

.."Welcome to Braves baseball, and yet another afternoon "Businessman's Special"....the day that all 40 year old executives bring their 26 year old daughters to see our Braves."

"Wednesday night is Ladies' Night at the ballpark. Bring your wife, your girlfriend, or both."

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
No flirting - it's one of the more incredible embraces with and marriage to, consistent mediocracy I've ever seen. They have literally alternated winning and losing every single of the 18 games since the All Star break.

If and when Anderson, Ynoa and d'Arnaud return this month, they will be the best team in the division and go on a winning binge. In fact, it looks like they will break the streak tonight and start winning now :).

Fried, Morton, Anderson, Ynoa and Muller/Smyly is not a bad rotation. The offense is not bad, though too reliant on HR power.

Love your optimism but I predict only 1 run tonight. The game will be on espn so I will actually get to watch us only score 1 run.

• Haha
Reactions: B1GTide

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Once in 1995 I was watching the Braves play, and somebody (I'm pretty sure it was on the opposing team) got ejected in what looked like an early heave-ho and probably over the top. Skip Caray said something along the lines of, "I understand the umpires have to set boundaries for authority, but this guy also needs to remember that nobody bought a ticket to watch him call the game."

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Once in 1995 I was watching the Braves play, and somebody (I'm pretty sure it was on the opposing team) got ejected in what looked like an early heave-ho and probably over the top. Skip Caray said something along the lines of, "I understand the umpires have to set boundaries for authority, but this guy also needs to remember that nobody bought a ticket to watch him call the game."
I remember him saying that, but I don't remember the game. I remember it because I had thought it so many times and was glad to hear an announcer say it on air.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Weirdly the video game The Show now tells you who the umpires are for the fake game. Who actually asked for that feature?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.