Game Thread: 2021 Braves season (Atl in 1st, PHI 1 GB, NYM 2.5 GB) (44 games remaining)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Well April 1st is just days away.

We start our first 9 out with a murders road

April 1 @ Phillies - Fried vs Nola
3 @Phillies - Morton vs Wheeler
4 @ Phillies -Anderson vs Eflin
5 @ Nationals.- Smyly
6 @ Nationals
7 @ Nationals
9 Phillies
10 Phillies
11 Phillies

It looks like our rotation is:

1) Fried
2) Morton
3) Anderson
4) Smyly

It looks like until Soroka is back the #5 is a bullpen day or a plug and place spot.

Chop on

@DzynKingRTR @B1GTide @selmaborntidefan @BamaNation @tusks_n_raider

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Hey guys, does anyone know a reasonably affordable way to stream 'in-market' Braves games??

I was planning on cancelling Youtube TV and getting Hula w/ Live TV for 2021 season.... but I just found out they removed both Fox Sports South and Fox Sports Southeast back on Oct 22nd 2020.

They were removed from Youtube TV after the 2019 season too and now I can't find any streaming provider that carries those 2 Fox Sports local affiliates except for something called 'AT&T TV streaming'.

But you also have to get the premium 'choice' plan for $85 a month just to get those 2 channels!!!

I love the Braves.... I do....but man I'm not paying $85 a dang month.

This is so frustrating.

If I lived out of market I could get every Braves game for $24.99 monthly on MLB TV or $110 for the season package. I could live with that....

But I'm 'In-market' and all those games would be subject to blackouts....

*SIGH*

I was really REALLY looking forward to this season.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Hey guys, does anyone know a reasonably affordable way to stream 'in-market' Braves games??

I was planning on cancelling Youtube TV and getting Hula w/ Live TV for 2021 season.... but I just found out they removed both Fox Sports South and Fox Sports Southeast back on Oct 22nd 2020.

They were removed from Youtube TV after the 2019 season too and now I can't find any streaming provider that carries those 2 Fox Sports local affiliates except for something called 'AT&T TV streaming'.

But you also have to get the premium 'choice' plan for $85 a month just to get those 2 channels!!!

This is so frustrating.

If I lived out of market I could get every Braves game for $24.99 monthly on MLB TV or $110 for the season package. I could live with that....

*SIGH*

The streaming services are as bad as cable now. They raised the price and dropped channels. Like you I am not paying more money for 2 channels. I miss the days when the Braves were on TBS everyday.

Reactions: tusks_n_raider

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I blame Jane Fonda. I think it is somehow her fault.
lol. From what I remember Turner lost control mostly because he was in a war with Vince McMahon, and people wanted to distance themselves from the Turner name basically because Ted was making royalties without doing nothing.

DogPatch

Suspended
Dec 4, 2018
Tuscaloosa

This is so frustrating.

*SIGH*

Get a VPN service, use a server outside your market, and get the games for $24.99/month or $110/season.

• Thank You
Reactions: tusks_n_raider

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States

This is so frustrating.

*SIGH*

No legal, affordable way beside subscribing to cable, DirecTV or AT&T TV. You can go the VPN route but I haven't found away to use a VPN with my Apple TV, I'm not sitting at my computer to watch the games. It sucks but at least I can listen to the radio broadcast live and watch the game 90 minutes after it ends on MLB.TV.

I think this season will see some of the lowest MLB ratings in a long time because Dish Network and all streaming services except AT&T TV have drop the regional sports networks. MLB has the fewest possible eyeballs in a long time but, they can't do anything about the blackout restrictions due to contracts with the regional networks.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
No legal, affordable way beside subscribing to cable, DirecTV or AT&T TV. You can go the VPN route but I haven't found away to use a VPN with my Apple TV, I'm not sitting at my computer to watch the games. It sucks but at least I can listen to the radio broadcast live and watch the game 90 minutes after it ends on MLB.TV.

I think this season will see some of the lowest MLB ratings in a long time because Dish Network and all streaming services except AT&T TV have drop the regional sports networks. MLB has the fewest possible eyeballs in a long time but, they can't do anything about the blackout restrictions due to contracts with the regional networks.
I hope they lose money over this. It would serve them right. I will be suspending my Hulu account until Fall. I don't need it and there is nothing I watch on Network TV so I can suspend it and watch Netflix and Prime all summer.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game -- it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again. Ohhhhhhhh, people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come.

Play Ball.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
The one constant through all the years, Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It's been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt, and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game -- it's a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good, and it could be again. Ohhhhhhhh, people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come.

Play Ball.

I saw that movie for the first time only a few months after my dad died. I cried at the end when he plays catch with his dad.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I saw that movie for the first time only a few months after my dad died. I cried at the end when he plays catch with his dad.
Every single baseball season, I post that on opening day on Facebook and then every single year - either right after my two teams (Braves and Rangers) are eliminated OR at the end of the World Series, I post Bart Giammatti's musing:

“[Baseball] breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall all alone. You count on it, rely on it to buffer the passage of time, to keep the memory of sunshine and high skies alive, and then just when the days are all twilight, when you need it most, it stops.”

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Well today is opening day of the MLB season, and we have already had the first cancelation/postponement due to covid. Mets/Nationals game has been postponed.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Every single baseball season, I post that on opening day on Facebook and then every single year - either right after my two teams (Braves and Rangers) are eliminated OR at the end of the World Series, I post Bart Giammatti's musing:

“[Baseball] breaks your heart. It is designed to break your heart. The game begins in the spring, when everything else begins again, and it blossoms in the summer, filling the afternoons and evenings, and then as soon as the chill rains come, it stops and leaves you to face the fall all alone. You count on it, rely on it to buffer the passage of time, to keep the memory of sunshine and high skies alive, and then just when the days are all twilight, when you need it most, it stops.”
It stops, but football fills the void amazingly well.

Reactions: selmaborntidefan

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I hope they lose money over this. It would serve them right. I will be suspending my Hulu account until Fall. I don't need it and there is nothing I watch on Network TV so I can suspend it and watch Netflix and Prime all summer.
Well it’s really a NS issue. But the government prevented Disney from buying all the Fox stuff and Sinclair got the remaining pieces. Oh and they are renaming the FOX sports to Bally. But for today’s game I believe you can watch it on ESPN 3.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.