2021 In Memoriam thread

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Jeff Dickerson, a sports journalist in Chicago (basically Chicago's version of Cecil Hurt), died of cancer at 44. This comes 2 years after his wife who also died of cancer at 36. They leave behind a 11 year son.

Jeff was a pro's pro. I never heard a bad thing said about him and all the athletes he covered in Chicago respected him. This one sucks for me. To me losing Dickerson was as big of a blow as losing Cecil Hurt.

• Sad
Reactions: seebell and B1GTide

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Jeff Dickerson, a sports journalist in Chicago (basically Chicago's version of Cecil Hurt), died of cancer at 44. This comes 2 years after his wife who also died of cancer at 36. They leave behind a 11 year son.

Jeff was a pro's pro. I never heard a bad thing said about him and all the athletes he covered in Chicago respected him. This one sucks for me. To me losing Dickerson was as big of a blow as losing Cecil Hurt.
Very sad story on ESPN's site. Very tough last decade for him.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Betty White

We all knew this would eventually happen, but this one still saddens me greatly.
Deep down I was wondering whether she wouldn't be like George Burns was - you always wondered about him, he has his 100th birthday (and his weak), and died seven weeks later.

Sad. I mean pretty much everyone of every generation in the USA knows something about Betty White. First thing I recall seeing her on was "Match Game" back in the mid-70s.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
It really is, and I am heartbroken that a 11 year old had to say goodbye to both of his parents in two years.
These are especially bad. Yes, I’m sad to hear about Betty White and John Madden, but they had long lives. Even sadder are 11 year olds who lose both parents and don’t have an NFL team raise $800,000 for them.

• Sad
Reactions: seebell

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
dammit. the actor who played omar.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.