2021 In Memoriam thread

Zorak

All-American
Jan 8, 2010
Orlando, FL (Winter Park area)
Ned Beatty at 83. His funeral will be in Otisburg.

I saw Network back in college for an American Studies course. To this day, some 20+ years later, I think of that movie a lot. His monologue in that movie is one of the best monologues in film history as far as I'm concerned. I frequently watch it on YouTube. Timely then, timely now. R.I.P. Ned.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I saw Network back in college for an American Studies course. To this day, some 20+ years later, I think of that movie a lot. His monologue in that movie is one of the best monologues in film history as far as I'm concerned. I frequently watch it on YouTube. Timely then, timely now. R.I.P. Ned.
When Network first came out, it was satire — the nightly news meets Jerry Springer.

They didn’t know they were predicting the future.

• Full Banjeaux!
Reactions: Zorak and bama579

Bamaro

TideFans Legend
Oct 19, 2001
Jacksonville, Md USA
Computer software pioneer John McAfee has been found dead in a Spanish prison hours after a court approved his extradition to the U.S. to face charges of tax evasion. He was 75.
The creator of the McAfee antivirus software had been facing tax evasion charges in the U.S. Prosecutors in Tennessee charged McAfee with evading taxes after he allegedly failed to report income made from promoting cryptocurrencies while doing consultancy work, as well as income from speaking engagements and selling the rights to his life story for a documentary.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 92tide and seebell

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Computer software pioneer John McAfee has been found dead in a Spanish prison hours after a court approved his extradition to the U.S. to face charges of tax evasion. He was 75.
The creator of the McAfee antivirus software had been facing tax evasion charges in the U.S. Prosecutors in Tennessee charged McAfee with evading taxes after he allegedly failed to report income made from promoting cryptocurrencies while doing consultancy work, as well as income from speaking engagements and selling the rights to his life story for a documentary.
Interesting thing is that USA Network re-ran NBC's Dateline story about John McAfee early Wednesday morning. I find the timing........interesting.

Reactions: Relayer and seebell

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.