2021 Recruiting question

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
No I didn’t say our recruiting sucks, I like our class but I just don’t ignore what we are going up against. I’m just saying Pete Golding is getting his bottom whipped on the recruiting trail. Isn’t that a fact? We only got one guy out of his region and a ton of misses. I mean I know it has to be frustrating to him as a coach to not real in none of the guys you targeted on your own. You seem to have a problem with me having high expectations?
Your high expectations remind me of Ricky Bobby's quote "if you're not first you're last". I'm not going to take the time to go back and review some of your other negative recruiting posts but I do recall you saying we were getting beat up in recruiting and that is not the case. When we finish in the top 2-3 in recruiting and have the highest average star rating of any other team and you continue to say we are getting it handed to us on the recruiting trail I wonder about your motives and intellect. We don't get everybody we go after. I assume you know 3-4 coaches recruit every player and not just the primary recruiter. Your perfect world view we would get the top 2 at every position on our big board.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Pete Golding is ranked 147th as a recruiter..
I see where you got your information from 247Sports (see below). I am not sure how they calculate their ""Points" column but this is where he ranks 147th. He was the lead recruiter on 6 of our signees. I can only get it to show three of the commits but those commits were LB's 5* Drew Sanders, 4* Demouy Kennedy (who is a 5* on Rivals) and 4* Jackson Bratton. It says two of the others were 4* and the other was a 3*. There are a bunch of coaches out there that would like to have this type of recruiting resume.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Well buddy I got guys close to these recruits that I played with or against in college tell me Pete Golding ain’t got nothing to sell to recruits if you can find something let me know?
See, here's where you lose us. Actually, probably not just us. I'd guess that you see and hear a lot of this.

To begin...condescension is never cute, buddy. As for the rest. You earn respect on TF, in reference to your inside knowledge, by proving yourself over time with solid contributions to the board.

You come on here like freaking Huge Freeze led Ole Miss handing out hundreds and telling everyone who you know, what you know and I'm pretty sure there have been a few of the "what our coaching staff doesn't know" references as well. It's insane...

Somewhere in there I see some quality stuff...stop all of the "big man" crap and bring on that quality stuff...

BearFoot

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2017
Fairhope, Alabama
Well buddy I got guys close to these recruits that I played with or against in college tell me Pete Golding ain’t got nothing to sell to recruits if you can find something let me know?
Just curious, since you brought up the subject...what is your resume? Where did you play college ball? Offense or defense? How long ago?

Dnelly_7RTR

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2019
Just curious, since you brought up the subject...what is your resume? Where did you play college ball? Offense or defense? How long ago?
See, here's where you lose us. Actually, probably not just us. I'd guess that you see and hear a lot of this.

To begin...condescension is never cute, buddy. As for the rest. You earn respect on TF, in reference to your inside knowledge, by proving yourself over time with solid contributions to the board.

You come on here like freaking Huge Freeze led Ole Miss handing out hundreds and telling everyone who you know, what you know and I'm pretty sure there have been a few of the "what our coaching staff doesn't know" references as well. It's insane...

Somewhere in there I see some quality stuff...stop all of the "big man" crap and bring on that quality stuff...
[/QUOTE

[/QUOTEI
I was an pretty good player body just didn’t hold up. I always knew the game better than I could play it like a coach on the field I knew everyone’s responsibility.
Played at John ehret HS la./Collins ms. Won 2 state tiles 15-0 both seasons.
I signed with southern miss Over La tech in 2005(recruited by jay hopson he was the DB coach back then.) Troy recruited me too I was actually there during demarcus ware pro day heard all the oohs and awws had no clue who he was tho.
Transferred to jones jr college played 2 years at corner caught 6 picks first year gave up some deep balls that year but it’s fine.The other corner was Ellis lankster (Vigor). 2nd year got hurt only played 4 games I was gonna go to la tech but Derrick Dooley went to Tennessee. Coach frank solic at Ohio previously recruited me to Nebraska only offered a partial. So took full ride to eastern Kentucky player good got hurt then started coaching. I coach at pikeville collegeDBs then Belfry high school LB/safeties. Then life hit I joined the army served 5 years now I’m an equipment operator in the oilfield.

Dnelly_7RTR

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2019
I’m nothing special or big time I just call it like I see it. It’s funny this the only board that isn’t coming for Pete Golding head lol even Touchdown Alabama on YouTube is calling out Pete Golding. Y’all in here actually like I committed a crime for stating the fact about Golding.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I see where you got your information from 247Sports (see below). I am not sure how they calculate their ""Points" column but this is where he ranks 147th. He was the lead recruiter on 6 of our signees. I can only get it to show three of the commits but those commits were LB's 5* Drew Sanders, 4* Demouy Kennedy (who is a 5* on Rivals) and 4* Jackson Bratton. It says two of the others were 4* and the other was a 3*. There are a bunch of coaches out there that would like to have this type of recruiting resume.

I don’t understand how they rank recruiters either. I guess it’s the same way they rank the team class, because it doesn’t make sense. BRian Hartline is the #1 ranked recruiter with 6 commits and and average of 96.43 and a total of 82.07.
Sal Sunseri is ranked 17th with 6 Commits , an average of 96.81 and a total of 71.75.

If we feel that strongly about our DC, I guess the next step in the irrational fan arsenal is the FirePeteGolding.com website. You Better reserve that domain!

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
I’m nothing special or big time I just call it like I see it. It’s funny this the only board that isn’t coming for Pete Golding head lol even Touchdown Alabama on YouTube is calling out Pete Golding. Y’all in here actually like I committed a crime for stating the fact about Golding.
No, there are plenty here that see his deficiencies as a Coordinator. But most realize his title will not change this year and CNS sees something in him. if you were not around for the season, I guess you didn’t see the complaining. But, his performance issues the last year has to be mitigated by the number of injuries!

• Thank You
Reactions: The Ols

Bamaboy16

Suspended
Dec 6, 2019
If I may, don’t we trust Saban? Golding aced his interview with Saban. Got every situational question right (from what I have heard on these chat boards)
He was given an extremely challenging situation last year. True freshmen at every level.
recruiting may be mediocre but we should probably give him a chance with all the weapons coming back. If he fails again then we move on.

Dnelly_7RTR

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2019
No, there are plenty here that see his deficiencies as a Coordinator. But most realize his title will not change this year and CNS sees something in him. if you were not around for the season, I guess you didn’t see the complaining. But, his performance issues the last year has to be mitigated by the number of injuries!
I don’t understand how they rank recruiters either. I guess it’s the same way they rank the team class, because it doesn’t make sense. BRian Hartline is the #1 ranked recruiter with 6 commits and and average of 96.43 and a total of 82.07.
Sal Sunseri is ranked 17th with 6 Commits , an average of 96.81 and a total of 71.75.

If we feel that strongly about our DC, I guess the next step in the irrational fan arsenal is the FirePeteGolding.com website. But reserve that domain.
[/QUOTE
Oh yes I definitely understand that, he definitely did not get the good end of the stick in terms of injuries. No coordinator could’ve afford to loose Moses. I think Saban will figure something out they saying he might offer the job to Derrick ansley.

Dnelly_7RTR

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2019
If I may, don’t we trust Saban? Golding aced his interview with Saban. Got every situational question right (from what I have heard on these chat boards)
He was given an extremely challenging situation last year. True freshmen at every level.
recruiting may be mediocre but we should probably give him a chance with all the weapons coming back. If he fails again then we move on.
Yea I mean we actually got the talent coming in now so I won’t be entirely disappointed if he stays. Me personally I’d like to have former head coach at the play calling coordinator positions. That’s just me. Honestly the ability to recruit is almost more important than coaching so idk if we can afford to give him another year. Because of his region I don’t wanna loose the Louisiana kids.

Dnelly_7RTR

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2019
Yea I mean we actually got the talent coming in now so I won’t be entirely disappointed if he stays. Me personally I’d like to have former head coach at the play calling coordinator positions. That’s just me. Pete Golding is still learning on the fly. Honestly the ability to recruit is almost more important than coaching so idk if we can afford to give him another year. Because of his region I don’t wanna loose the Louisiana kids.

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
a snippet from Roll Bama Roll, this should explain Pete Golding. BTW , The terrible Defense was 7th rated in defensive efficiency. That metric takes into account the score of the game, the opponent and quarter. -
. For those who wondered why Saban didn’t pin last year’s relative lack of success on defense, despite still ranking near the top per advanced metrics, on Pete Golding you have your answer. Guys were playing who flat out shouldn’t have been.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
This is the only Alabama board that works the way it does. It’s why most of us are here. You can get on board, or get off. So far, that’s your option.

But my experience is that when a new poster opens up with salvos across the bow, it doesn’t tone down over time. If you continue on that arc, you might or might not maintain control of your posting privileges.

What isn’t optional is that you won’t change TideFans‘ culture.

In the meantime, buddy, you’ll help the credibility of your positions by being less condescending and less confrontational.

Last edited:

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
What? Even with him we had the best class by numbers (per recruit), #2 composite...If that's mediocre...😳

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
I know a friend of a friend that played ball with my ex-girlfriend's new boyfriend……......…………….

Seems like some people like to think they know more about all of this than CNS. To all of you who think so lowly of CPG: When is the last time some school rang up your phone to coach/recruit for them? Question includes all divisions of college football.
My guess would be never. So, at least CPG is thought more highly of than you.
I said this in another thread: You really don't know what CPG can do because he has not had a complete hand to deal with and in those situations where you have to throw in freshmen who are not ready it kind of ties both hands behind your back.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.