2021 Prospect: 2021 Recruiting Targets

Guido

Scout Team
Feb 24, 2017
if we keep the december signing date, i wonder how this affects the guys we are recruiting. with a guy like J.T.T, i think it hurts, we need to get him on campus. With Adeleye i think it helps, he was a bama lean earlier, now he can't take any OV'S to other schools. kool aid has taken many visits but i think it hurts, he seems to be leaning aubie, we need him back to t-town.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
if we keep the december signing date, i wonder how this affects the guys we are recruiting. with a guy like J.T.T, i think it hurts, we need to get him on campus. With Adeleye i think it helps, he was a bama lean earlier, now he can't take any OV'S to other schools. kool aid has taken many visits but i think it hurts, he seems to be leaning aubie, we need him back to t-town.
I just saw on another Bama site a tweet from Adeleye. He said he is making visits to campus and likes the way OU, UGA, and LSU have worked around things.

I think Saban needs to do the same thing these other schools are doing... getting recruits to host visits, especially ones who live close by anyway. As long as there is no visit to athletic facilities or contact with coaches face to face, I guess it is okay to do. Maybe Saban has something planned but I have not heard of any recruits visiting Bama like this, like I have OU, UGA, LSU.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
I just saw on another Bama site a tweet from Adeleye. He said he is making visits to campus and likes the way OU, UGA, and LSU have worked around things.

I think Saban needs to do the same thing these other schools are doing... getting recruits to host visits, especially ones who live close by anyway. As long as there is no visit to athletic facilities or contact with coaches face to face, I guess it is okay to do. Maybe Saban has something planned but I have not heard of any recruits visiting Bama like this, like I have OU, UGA, LSU.
Saban needs to do it so the practice will be be banned.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

In the middle of everything going on (or, in our case, not ) , those schools figuring out a way to do this could well translate into a significant advantage. Everybody knows how critical it is to get kids on campus. Can`t pretend like it`s not, even if we happen not to be doing it for whatever reason(s).

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
In the middle of everything going on (or, in our case, not ) , those schools figuring out a way to do this could well translate into a significant advantage. Everybody knows how critical it is to get kids on campus. Can`t pretend like it`s not, even if we happen not to be doing it for whatever reason(s).
Well, there are risks involved if it is during the Dead Period, which is no doubt why CNS is NOT doing it... :cool:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

We don't know everything going on behind the scenes and I can not imagine Saban not having something like this going on IMO. He usually has all bases covered.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Here is an article about Bama commits game coming up this weekend. IMG Academy with JC Latham and Jacorey Brooks are playing against Edgewater featuring Christian Leary. The have a link to IMG Academy's Facebook page if you want to watch the game.

Guido

Scout Team
Feb 24, 2017
Here is an article about Bama commits game coming up this weekend. IMG Academy with JC Latham and Jacorey Brooks are playing against Edgewater featuring Christian Leary. The have a link to IMG Academy's Facebook page if you want to watch the game.

By mear coincidence i met a guy this morning at panera bread with an IMG tshirt on. When questioned he said his nephew went there last year, now at Purdue, i have always wondered how kids from all over could afford this elite private school. It's a nike funded deal, doesn't surprise me , just didn't know. They have 12 of these sports facilities like this around the country. Think of the leverage you have when negotiating license deals with colleges when you own such a school.

Reactions: TiderJack

The Ols

All-American
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
By mear coincidence i met a guy this morning at panera bread with an IMG tshirt on. When questioned he said his nephew went there last year, now at Purdue, i have always wondered how kids from all over could afford this elite private school. It's a nike funded deal, doesn't surprise me , just didn't know. They have 12 of these sports facilities like this around the country. Think of the leverage you have when negotiating license deals with colleges when you own such a school.
Tuition for Boarding School students @ IMG is $68,500 per yr. plus a training fee of a few thousand dollars.
That varies per sport...(and per article.)

"At this time, IMG Academy does not offer scholarships. We do have a limited amount of financial aid available. Recipients are selected based on an academic, athletic, character and financial review."

The school says that 80% of their revenue is through tuition.

I'd bet anyone a dollar that none of those young men on the football team pay a dime...

• Thank You
Reactions: TiderJack

Padreruf

All-American
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Tuition for Boarding School students @ IMG is $68,500 per yr. plus a training fee of a few thousand dollars.

"At this time, IMG Academy does not offer scholarships. We do have a limited amount of financial aid available. Recipients are selected based on an academic, athletic, character and financial review."

I'd bet anyone a dollar that none of those young men on the football team pay a dime...
The OUTSTANDING athletes pay little or nothing...the bills are paid by young men with wealthy fathers who think that by sending them to IMG they will get either a college scholarship or a pro career. Several years ago I played golf with a couple of coaches from IMG in Bradenton -- they illuminated me with this gem. They also loved Bo Scarborough...

The Ols

All-American
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
The OUTSTANDING athletes pay little or nothing...the bills are paid by young men with wealthy fathers who think that by sending them to IMG they will get either a college scholarship or a pro career. Several years ago I played golf with a couple of coaches from IMG in Bradenton -- they illuminated me with this gem. They also loved Bo Scarborough...
They offer a wide array of sports, so there are plenty of parents to pony up...and that was as I thought, but Thank You for clarifying Padre!!!

Guido

Scout Team
Feb 24, 2017

68.5? a lot of these parents don't make even that. if you can afford that for your kid, than your making at least 400-500 year. no way . If no schollys, than who is paying for this/ There are enough wealthy kids going to pay for the kids that can't pay? is that the case?

Last edited:

The Ols

All-American
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
68.5? a lot of these parents don't make even that. if you can afford that for your kid, than your making at least 400-500 year. no way . If no schollys, than who is paying for this/ There are enough wealthy kids going to pay for the kids that can't pay? is that the case?
Don't know...I googled it...but that'd be a solid guess...

Latest threads

TideFansStore.com - up to 65% off!

TideFansStore.com Purchases made through our TideFansStore.com link may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.