2021 Prospect: 2021 Recruiting Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
No, please keep posting what you think. The fact some of our fellow Bama fans refuse to ever take off their crimson colored glasses should not prevent those of us who actually call things as we see them from posting our comments.
I’m reminded of a quote from Stripes...

Reactions: TiderJack

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Just because a Bama fan says something you don’t like doesn’t mean he has a negative attitude. He could simply be an intellectually honest Bama fan who doesn’t see everything through Crimson colored glasses. Anyone can post rah, rah comments. I much prefer hearing from someone who posts sincere comments.
We have won recruiting titles with our current formula. I’m sure the pandemic changed visits and camps, but contact by head coaches has been tightened in recent years because one coach down in Tuscaloosa forced the other head coaches to band together and restrict their own visits. Yes, our head coach. Facts are not debatable, however, your opinion or analysis of said facts can be incorrect.

Obviously Coach Saban saw that you guys were worried about our number of non binding verbal commitments, so he had a couple of guys pull the trigger.
For the record, I’ll take a Josh Jacobs on signing day over a Keenan Allen two summers before any day.

Dnelly_7RTR

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2019
Great pick up a kid from my ex wife’s hometown on the westbank.lol he’s a good athlete with size and room to grow. He hasn’t even scratched the surface as far as his potential.. would like to see him play behind his pads more, be more under control and get his head across the bow when filling the lane against the run but he’ll learn that at Bama.. RTR.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Just because a Bama fan says something you don’t like doesn’t mean he has a negative attitude. He could simply be an intellectually honest Bama fan who doesn’t see everything through Crimson colored glasses. Anyone can post rah, rah comments. I much prefer hearing from someone who posts sincere comments.
I like hearing posts and making posts that are sincere also but also prefer accuracy. I just don't think what he posted is a correct "assumption". If that is rah, rah so be it.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
I think it will be Ian. I did notice we got a CB for Thomas today and hopefully we can pluck him out of LA also but I am sure our new LSU poster will tell us he did not have a comittable offer :rolleyes: .
Agreed and yeah LSU don't want any of these kids Bama is getting. They dont have commitable offers blah blah. It is truly amazing how the one win they had over Bama this past season in the last 8 tries just automatically makes them think they own Bama all of a sudden. You can certainly tell the difference in fans of teams that are used to winning and fans of teams that are not. They truly dont know how to act.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
I said this after the Jacorey Brooks commitment....nothing to worry about here....more will drop in the upcoming weeks...look out for Ian Jackson, Jeremiah Williams, and Christian Leary. Alabama has really turned up the heat on Christian Leary in the last few months. Also, I feel confident at this juncture predicting Kool Aid to Alabama...Bama also in great position with Damon Payne, Kendrick Blackshire, and Monkell Goodwine.

Blindside17

Suspended
Aug 13, 2019
Phenix City, AL
I said this after the Jacorey Brooks commitment....nothing to worry about here....more will drop in the upcoming weeks...look out for Ian Jackson, Jeremiah Williams, and Christian Leary. Alabama has really turned up the heat on Christian Leary in the last few months. Also, I feel confident at this juncture predicting Kool Aid to Alabama...Bama also in great position with Damon Payne, Kendrick Blackshire, and Monkell Goodwine.
Well our only chance at any of these guys is if they do not have a committable offer from Lsu. I mean they do own us ....

jambama1

All-American
Aug 1, 2005
Tuscaloosa
This

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Thanks for the update Birmingham. I hope we can land Christian Leary. He is Jaylen Waddle 2.0. Check out his highlight video from his junior year.

Dnelly_7RTR

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2019
I'm cool and will let it go after this. Your definition of "facts" is much different from mine. I don't see how your opinion that Saban's lack of social media/twitter/other is costing us in recruiting can be even closely considered fact. As I said before, we have had the #1 class in 8 out of the last 10 years. You can argue both positive and negative but it has to be somewhat accurate.
Yea after talking to my brother who the lead assistant to the AD at ole miss he says most schools are just waiting things out. Most teams was depending on the Nike camp and other camps to fully evaluate these guys. So I honestly feel like Bama is just waiting to see more guys development. Saban isn’t going to take guys just to take them.

Reactions: TiderJack

Dnelly_7RTR

Scout Team
Dec 9, 2019
Agreed and yeah LSU don't want any of these kids Bama is getting. They dont have commitable offers blah blah. It is truly amazing how the one win they had over Bama this past season in the last 8 tries just automatically makes them think they own Bama all of a sudden. You can certainly tell the difference in fans of teams that are used to winning and fans of teams that are not. They truly dont know how to act.
Trust me I been dealing with LSU fans my whole life.. I love the LSU tailgate but that’s about it.. regardless of them having a committable offer or not the guys Bama has committed all bring a different level of athleticism with the WRs being taller and the LB being fast and big, the nfl is going to this hybrid DB/LB type defended to match up with running QBs so Kaine Williams is definitely that. He’s a safety That can play multiple positions in Bama’s defense but he’s still growing could become an LB/hybrid.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Here is a BOL article on Kool Aid. I think we are looking good here also.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: The Ols

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Here is an interview with Saban on recruiting during Covid-19. You will see he is taking his time with evaluations while other schools are taking and pushing for commitments (commitments are 3X more right now than in the past couple of years). Saban's approach will pay off and if a kid is already committed somewhere else that we want we will flip them. It is the right approach in Bama's position.

• Roll Tide!
Reactions: The Ols
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.