2021 Prospect: 2021 Recruiting Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Has anything been said recently about Koolaid being a two-sport (Bball) player for CNS and CNO?

I can't remember the last time we had that arrangement and how that works with the #s and schedule. At best he'd only be available during mid Jan. - March if he played both sports. Would CNO hold a spot for him on his roster. IOW, is he that kind of basketball talent in addition to his football talents?

Down4ttown

Suspended
Dec 16, 2011
I think Brooks could come assuming he doesn’t have anything credible pinning him to a scandal assuming we miss on JTT or Arnold.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Has anything been said recently about Koolaid being a two-sport (Bball) player for CNS and CNO?

I can't remember the last time we had that arrangement and how that works with the #s and schedule. At best he'd only be available during mid Jan. - March if he played both sports. Would CNO hold a spot for him on his roster. IOW, is he that kind of basketball talent in addition to his football talents?
He gave up his senior year of HS basketball and reported early to go through football workouts and spring training. Football is his main focus as of now.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
He gave up his senior year of HS basketball and reported early to go through football workouts and spring training. Football is his main focus as of now.
Post #275
"He will be on scholarship with football. He would be treated as a non scholarship walk on player in basketball not counting against our allotted scholarship players."
I read where they're working on a similar situation w/Arnold...

• Thank You
Reactions: JDog and TiderJack

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Post #275
"He will be on scholarship with football. He would be treated as a non scholarship walk on player in basketball not counting against our allotted scholarship players."
I read where they're working on a similar situation w/Arnold...
So if he played Bball (after football season) it wouldn't count against the # CNO can have on the roster. I knew his "scholly" would apply to football, but I thought there was a numbers limit to have many could be on the Bball bench.

FWIW, I imagine it would be super hard to be a two sport player now days.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
So if he played Bball (after football season) it wouldn't count against the # CNO can have on the roster. I knew his "scholly" would apply to football, but I thought there was a numbers limit to have many could be on the Bball bench.

FWIW, I imagine it would be super hard to be a two sport player now days.
Are roster size and bench size the same thing?
Could he be on the team but willhave to earn the right to dress out?
I honestly don’t know the answer...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Are roster size and bench size the same thing?
Could he be on the team but willhave to earn the right to dress out?
I honestly don’t know the answer...
I just tried to do a quick search and I struck out. I think there is a limit to how many can dress for a game (think it's 15) but I'm not sure about roster sizes (not dressed players).

I don't know how good of a basketball player Koolaid is. Is he better than CNO's scholly/fulltime players? If he's not, I doubt it would be worth his time to try to play unless he was good enough to start and get significant minutes.

I know there was talked about him being a two-sport guy when Auburn recruiting him.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017

Arnold has narrowed it down to Bama, UF and UGA. According to the Rivals Mike Farrell we are looking up at both of them but you can never count us out.

I wonder if he's a big fan of McDonald's, if so kirby has a big edge here.

Reactions: smith5753

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
Jam, may I suggest either your or B Squared offer a status report as we enter the last two weeks?
Everything is still pretty much the same. Arnold is down to Bama, UGA, and Florida. There is a new rumor every day regarding him....the idea that Bama is out of it is completely asinine. I don't believe they are running third at all. Not saying he won't end up at UGA or Florida, but Bama is just as much in this thing as they have been the whole time. Terrion Arnold plans to play football and basketball in college, and has become close with Kool Aid. Kool Aid has been on him hard about joining him in T-Town. No final decision has been made and it is still an all out war for his signature. Saban has been personally handling Arnold's recruitment from the beginning...that should let you know how much he is coveted. JTT is looking like he is going to push this thing out past signing day into the spring. He is dead set on taking final visits. Still a Bama, Ohio State, and Oregon battle...some feel Ohio State has taken the lead again...some feel Bama is in good position...and some feel it is a Bama and Oregon battle with Ohio State on the outside looking in at this moment. Let's see how things look after he takes visits. He hasn't been to T-Town since prior to his sophomore year. It is crucial for Bama to get him on campus again. Bama, LSU, and Texas A&M are still in it for Brian Thomas. Bama and LSU both have four WR commits and both will still take Thomas if he wants to commit. Some feel Texas A&M has an advantage because of the other teams WR numbers. Not a feel on if the numbers will impact Thomas...and a final decision has not been made. Still an all out war for his signature. Bama will be fine if they don't get another recruit. All needs are met and then some. Any of these will just be extra icing on already iced cake. Camar Wheaton is solid and Bama is not recruiting any one else at this time besides those final three. RTR

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
Everything is still pretty much the same. Arnold is down to Bama, UGA, and Florida. There is a new rumor every day regarding him....the idea that Bama is out of it is completely asinine. I don't believe they are running third at all. Not saying he won't end up at UGA or Florida, but Bama is just as much in this thing as they have been the whole time. Terrion Arnold plans to play football and basketball in college, and has become close with Kool Aid. Kool Aid has been on him hard about joining him in T-Town. No final decision has been made and it is still an all out war for his signature. Saban has been personally handling Arnold's recruitment from the beginning...that should let you know how much he is coveted. JTT is looking like he is going to push this thing out past signing day into the spring. He is dead set on taking final visits. Still a Bama, Ohio State, and Oregon battle...some feel Ohio State has taken the lead again...some feel Bama is in good position...and some feel it is a Bama and Oregon battle with Ohio State on the outside looking in at this moment. Let's see how things look after he takes visits. He hasn't been to T-Town since prior to his sophomore year. It is crucial for Bama to get him on campus again. Bama, LSU, and Texas A&M are still in it for Brian Thomas. Bama and LSU both have four WR commits and both will still take Thomas if he wants to commit. Some feel Texas A&M has an advantage because of the other teams WR numbers. Not a feel on if the numbers will impact Thomas...and a final decision has not been made. Still an all out war for his signature. Bama will be fine if they don't get another recruit. All needs are met and then some. Any of these will just be extra icing on already iced cake. Camar Wheaton is solid and Bama is not recruiting any one else at this time besides those final three. RTR
If Bama can get two of those three, I will be happy

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'm a casual follower of recruiting for the most part, but I'd be interesting to hear the opinion of some of you guys who have kept up with recruiting in the CNS era.

I'm detecting that many of you think this will go down as his best ever class. If so, what's your opinion on how many NCs this class could produce?

If we could somehow manage to repeat next year as we rebuild/reload the offense and rely on an improving defense, it seems we might have a good chance to 3-peat in the second year of this class. Seems far-fetched, but not really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.