2021 Prospect: 2021 Recruiting Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Question for jambama1, BirminghamBAMA, sanjosecrimson, and others with more knowledge than me (which on this topic is most posters):

Is NIL having an impact on the recruitment of the 2021 class?

Obviously, there’s nothing you can actually give right now, and I’m guessing there are limits on what you can discuss in regards to future. But that’s going to change soon, and I’m sure it’s on the minds of every recruit and his parents.

Whatever the case, it doesn’t seem to have hurt the quality of our class. What can we do and what are we doing to compete against large-market teams on this front?

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Question for jambama1, BirminghamBAMA, sanjosecrimson, and others with more knowledge than me (which on this topic is most posters):

Obviously, there’s nothing you can actually give right now, and I’m guessing there are limits on what you can discuss in regards to future. But that’s going to change soon, and I’m sure it’s on the minds of every recruit and his parents.

Whatever the case, it doesn’t seem to have hurt the quality of our class. What can we do and what are we doing to compete against large-market teams on this front?
The Mercedes -Benz Alabama Crimson Tide...all on payroll, just like Nike and Oregon will be...semi-kidding...

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
The Bucknuts are saying it's devonta smith. 4 star CB , i think they may be right. Tider, who might be next?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
The Bucknuts are saying it's devonta smith. 4 star CB , i think they may be right. Tider, who might be next?
Yep. We just got 5 CB's today for Devonta Smith. He is from OH and is listed as a 3* on the 247 composite but is a 4* on 247Sports rankings. I think we all know a player that was committed to OSU and flips to Bama is not a 3*. Expect a big jump in the rankings and hopefully Devonta pulls the trigger soon.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
For next as some have predicted OLB Dallas Turner who announces in about a week and ILB Blackshire. Ready for the Brockermeyer brothers to pull the trigger.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
I don't think Ohio state fans will consider this a major loss. I read on 247 where it was a mutual parting of ways

correct, it did seem a mutual thing. don't know much about mr. smith, probably a solid 4 star at the end of the year. Good pickup. come on koolaid, make it a great CB class.

Reactions: smith5753

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
correct, it did seem a mutual thing. don't know much about mr. smith, probably a solid 4 star at the end of the year. Good pickup. come on koolaid, make it a great CB class.
I watched his highlight video and he looks like a very good prospect. He can run and was physical. May be a safety at the college level.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
heard we have him higher than Grimes on our board just fyi
[/QUOTE

really? higher than grimes? if true, this makes me feel a lot better. That OSU class is killer, a little less now maybe. Hope he comes to t-town.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

I'm hearing it hasn't played a HUGE factor just yet because it's all very new, and the NCAA hasn't announced guidelines. It will be huge, and in football, Alabama is a larger market. Most schools in your Power 5 conferences won't have to worry about guys getting exposure, sponsorships, and getting paid. It will be interesting to see how the mid majors will keep up. There are already projections that some current Bama players could make up to 6 or 7 figures off of their social media presence alone.

• Thank You
Reactions: 4Q Basket Case
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.