2021 Prospect: 2021 Recruiting Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I just did too. He has a lively arm and seems to want to pass first in the video part I saw. Current Tulane commit so I'm guessing he is a back-up plan if we miss on the other two. While he is nowhere near where this guy is now his style of play reminds me of Lamar Jackson with his size (profile has him at 6' 2") and arm.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Looks like Tim Watts and Hank South just CB to us.
Goodwine is ranked #112 nationally in the 247Sports composite and #4 recruit in MD but Rivals has him as #27 nationally and #1 recruit in MD. If 247Sports gives him a bump he could end up as a 5* when all is said and done.

Reactions: Tiderollin32

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
I know this is a recruiting thread but recruiting is a little slow now so how bout some love our man J.T. who comes back from 6 down today to win the st. judes classic. great stuff, everybody else was mucking it up on the back 9 and he held steady. Great lesson for our football team, we may be behind but don't give up, focus on the next shot or play as in football. Saban would be proud.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
After JT folded like a cheap suit in the Workday Open, I was concerned about him winning anytime soon. I'm sure glad he hung in there and won it.
yeah he made mention of that collapse and how the memory will always be instilled in him. but to his credit, he got it done today. Well Played Sir

Reactions: Moro Creek

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
After JT folded like a cheap suit in the Workday Open, I was concerned about him winning anytime soon. I'm sure glad he hung in there and won it.
If you had any idea how difficult it is to win in professional golf, you would never make such an ignorant statement. Even the best, Jack N. and Tiger W. had tournaments where they couldn't seal the deal.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
JN or TW never lost a tournament when they were ahead by three strokes with four holes to go. You can make stupid statements all day about the difficulties, but pure and simple, he chocked.

• Smash Keyboard
Reactions: The Ols

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
JN or TW never lost a tournament when they were ahead by three strokes with four holes to go. You can make stupid statements all day about the difficulties, but pure and simple, he chocked.
A lot of that was the intimidation factor. Other golfers made mistakes under that pressure because of their opponent. But either way, saying someone choked because they had a few bad holes is just mean spirited.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
A lot of that was the intimidation factor. Other golfers made mistakes under that pressure because of their opponent. But either way, saying someone choked because they had a few bad holes is just mean spirited.

As someone who ‘choked’ during a few junior tournaments but also at times played his,best golf ever under tournament pressure, every day you bring a new swing and a new psychological battle to the first tee that changes shot to shot through the 18th green. Given the skill of the tour players, one bogey late in the final round is like blowing an engine on the final lap of Talladega. Everybody blasts by.

Last edited:

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
As someone who ‘choked’ during a few junior tournaments but also at times played my best golf ever under tournament pressure, every day you bring a new swing and a new psychological battle to the first tee that changes shot to shot through the 18th green. Given the skill of the tour players, one bogey late in the final round is like blowing an engine on the final lap of Talladega. Everybody blasts by.
This is a game which requires incredible fine motor skills -- those muscles/nerves are extremely susceptible to pressure. The greatest learn how to manage it...for it never goes away. Yesterday Jim Furyk said that he still gets nervous when he is in contention, but has learned to anticipate it and know that is why he plays the game.

Reactions: UAllday and B1GTide

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
B1G, It is hard for me to believe that Morikawa intimidated JT in the Workday Open.
So that 50' bomb that he made on 18 that wins 99% of tournaments at that point...that was a choke job...come on man...Morikawa played well (and hit an answering bomb on 18 to FORCE the playoff), so did JT...I'm guessing that you would have happily picked up the $700K "choke job" check...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.