2021 Prospect: 2021 Recruiting Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bamaglory

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
I have to disagree on taking Keenan as he is very limited due to his height and weight. I know they can get his weight down but he does not seem to have the ability to rush the passer. 247 predicts him as an undrafted free agent after college. That to me speaks volumes. I'd love to be wrong. Very shocked they would take him. Nothing against him personally of course. Just think there are better options out there.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Would be nice to really load up on WDE’s. Don’t we only have two currently committed, and if so how many do y’all think we end up with in this class?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I have to disagree on taking Keenan as he is very limited due to his height and weight. I know they can get his weight down but he does not seem to have the ability to rush the passer. 247 predicts him as an undrafted free agent after college. That to me speaks volumes. I'd love to be wrong. Very shocked they would take him. Nothing against him personally of course. Just think there are better options out there.
You need to call Coach Saban and let him know. You can read all you want into reviews from recruiting services but as we all know by now there is really only one service that matters. We don't know if he will commit to us on Saturday but if he does it definitely means we want him.

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
BG, it's never been NOT OK to have differing opinions. But that doesn't mean folks won't challenge them.
As with Lake Wobegone, this is a board of "above average" intelligence.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Relayer and Bhammer

Bamaglory

1st Team
Dec 8, 2005
BG, it's never been NOT OK to have differing opinions. But that doesn't mean folks won't challenge them.
As with Lake Wobegone, this is a board of "above average" intelligence.
Thanks. As far as my opinion on Keenan, I have seen reputable posters on another site state similar concerns stating that TK showed up to camp at 380lbs. That was shocking to me. I won't comment anymore on TK.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
I mean..if Coach Saban wants him..I'm good. Weight can be and will be solved once he is on campus. I see people bringing up his height. Aaron Donald, one of the most dominant DTs in the game right now, is only 6'1. The S&C coaches will definitely get Keenan right, and he has a good motor even being heavier right now.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
I mean..if Coach Saban wants him..I'm good. Weight can be and will be solved once he is on campus. I see people bringing up his height. Aaron Donald, one of the most dominant DTs in the game right now, is only 6'1. The S&C coaches will definitely get Keenan right, and he has a good motor even being heavier right now.
If he has a "good motor" at 380, then he will be an absolute beast at a more optimal weight... :cool:

[EDIT: Spelling]

Last edited:
Reactions: The Ols

BearFan

BamaNation Citizen
Jan 26, 2016
Tulsa, OK
If he has a "ood motor" at 380, then he will be an absolute beast at a more optimal weight... :cool:
I love quick! Does anyone remember Sammy Gellerstedt from the late 60's? He was a nose tackle at about 5' 9" and around 200 lbs. He was a bit overweight for the time. But he was very agile and quick like greased lightning, no one could block him. You can't coach that kind of quickness.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I love quick! Does anyone remember Sammy Gellerstedt from the late 60's? He was a nose tackle at about 5' 9" and around 200 lbs. He was a bit overweight for the time. But he was very agile and quick like greased lightning, no one could block him. You can't coach that kind of quickness.
So then, is the general consensus that he would be a bit of a " project " ? By the way, I see nothing wrong with projects as long as we have sufficient quality depth and experience at a given position and the staff sees a good likelihood of development and contribution in 2-3 years. Do I think we have that luxury? Sure do.

Reactions: TiderJack

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I was at Alabama then. In addition to the attributes you mention he was also mean as a snake. Somewhat cut from the Darwin Holt bolt of cloth, as it were.

Reactions: The Ols

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Thanks. As far as my opinion on Keenan, I have seen reputable posters on another site state similar concerns stating that TK showed up to camp at 380lbs. That was shocking to me. I won't comment anymore on TK.
You can comment on anybody you want to and I did not mean to make you feel like you could not comment. I just disagreed with you disagreeing to take Keenan if Saban wants him. You may end up being right in the long run but I don't think any of us should ever disagree if Saban wants him. I feel he is much more qualified than services, me, you and other reputable posters on other sites. Again, we don't know for sure he will commit to us on Sat but if he does it does mean our staff wants him.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
So, who do you guys think Bama rounds the class out with?
Kind of early to make predictions like that especially with some kids trying to wait to see if they can take visits. If they are able to visit....then we might have a better answer on that....I believe if kids could have visited campuses throughout the spring and summer. Alabama's class would be practically done by now.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
There is a premium article on Bamaonline talking about the 5 star JT Tuimoloau and Bama trending. Anyone have any insight they care to share? Thanks!

Wow! He would make our current Class EPIC! :oops:

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013
There is a premium article on Bamaonline talking about the 5 star JT Tuimoloau and Bama trending. Anyone have any insight they care to share? Thanks!

Mentioned a few a weeks ago that Alabama was becoming a player in his recruitment, and people feel that it will come down to Bama or Ohio State for him.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
Very much do I remember Sammy. I was in school when he was playing the NG position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.