2021 Prospect: 2021 Recruiting Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Below is an article I saw about the QB commit to UGA hosting 2021 targets, some of which BAMA is trying to get. I know LSU has done the same thing... possible commits visiting a few players, but they are not supposed to talk to/see the coaches or see the facilities. I sure hope Saban/Bama is doing something like this. I have not heard anything though.

brock-vandagriff-what-the-5-star-said-about-the-2021-class-might-make-your-day
Good to see those kids are wearing mask and social distancing :rolleyes:. UGA is going to get some big time commits coming down the stretch as they always do but Kirby will screw them up by the time they leave 😮

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
That`s pretty impressive IMO. I haven`t been able to figure out why Mims hasn`t committed to UGA yet. Having too much fun trolling us?
I don't think he is trolling us and UGA fans could be saying he is trolling them. He may sign with UGA but he may sign with us. The quotes about the UGA coaches asking if they talked about him coming to UGA and the QB's quote about he will love him no matter where he goes is a pretty good sign he does not know nor does anyone know where he is going at this point.

Reactions: The Ols

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I don't think he is trolling us and UGA fans could be saying he is trolling them. He may sign with UGA but he may sign with us. The quotes about the UGA coaches asking if they talked about him coming to UGA and the QB's quote about he will love him no matter where he goes is a pretty good sign he does not know nor does anyone know where he is going at this point.
I like your interpretation of the situation better than mine, Jack!

Evil Crimson Dragon

Hall of Fame
Feb 4, 2018
Marietta, GA
He could just be enjoying the process and visits.......but any time self haircut is involved, I’d be suspicious

smith5753

1st Team
Sep 12, 2010
Guntersville , AL
I saw these two articles on AL.com and thought how in the world can anyone pick the barn over us! Especially McKinstry this year. I know some guys grow up fans of Auburn and that's fine. But, if these guys are making business decisions it seems pretty clear to me lol! 20200909_182446.jpg

Reactions: Con and TiderJack

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
Not only twice as many players but I'm guessing salaries are much higher on average, many more 1st rounders come from bama. On average 5 star players around college football get picked in the first round about 15 percent of the time, at bama it's 48 percent.

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Not only twice as many players but I'm guessing salaries are much higher on average, many more 1st rounders come from bama. On average 5 star players around college football get picked in the first round about 15 percent of the time, at bama it's 48 percent.
...and we had 13 guys cut the other day. Guessing at least a few of those end up on rosters too...

Tiderollin32

All-SEC
Mar 12, 2012
Here is an article from BOL on who could sign next. I would any and all of them. The 3* WDE from GA is a new name and guessing he is a take if we miss on our 3 other high profile guys.

He gets off the line really fast! Wonder if he would play Jack or DE for us. Thanks for posting.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Reactions: Tiderollin32

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
There is a premium article on BOL about us staying in daily contact with 5* S Sage Ryan out of Lafayette, LA. We have had a ton of success recruiting Louisiana but Lafayette is really close to Baton Rouge. SJC, BhamBama or Jam have any thoughts on this one?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
There is a premium article on BOL about us staying in daily contact with 5* S Sage Ryan out of Lafayette, LA. We have had a ton of success recruiting Louisiana but Lafayette is really close to Baton Rouge. SJC, BhamBama or Jam have any thoughts on this one?

We do well in Monroe and New Orleans. Most Acadiana area kids tend to stay home, go to LSU or East Texas.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

you can never count Bama out when it comes to a stud DB. Obviously he's a La. native so that will be a tough pull esp. with them coming off a NC. if LSU struggles this season like many of us anticipate , things will get interesting.

BirminghamBAMA

1st Team
Dec 29, 2013

He likes Alabama a lot, but I don't see him leaving Louisiana especially with the family connections. He had a family member play for LSU, and has a family member currently on the LSU coaching staff. I know people will bring up the Brockermeyer twins shunning all of their Texas connections for Bama, but that made sense because Texas hasn't put an OL in the first round in forever, and are on rocky ground as a program. LSU just won a national championship, they put DBs in the first round on a consistent basis, they are the in state school, PLUS the family connections.

Reactions: TiderJack

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
He likes Alabama a lot, but I don't see him leaving Louisiana especially with the family connections. He had a family member play for LSU, and has a family member currently on the LSU coaching staff. I know people will bring up the Brockermeyer twins shunning all of their Texas connections for Bama, but that made sense because Texas hasn't put an OL in the first round in forever, and are on rocky ground as a program. LSU just won a national championship, they put DBs in the first round on a consistent basis, they are the in state school, PLUS the family connections.
OK. I will strike him off my wish list. That just seems way too much to overcome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.