2021 Prospect: 2021 Recruiting Targets

Status
Not open for further replies.

jjv0004

1st Team
Dec 13, 2017
Greenville, SC
I think we are done on the inside unless Maason decides to leave the state. I think we want to take possibly two DE's (JTT, Tuner, Adeleye) and a WR, OLB and RB depending on how many more we take.
I think we need a running back. Nobody has any idea if Sanders will play again (and if so, will he be what he looked like that last game) and if Keilan does not come back, we are down to 3 freshman from this year and possibly Brian Robinson, Jr. That does not give me great confidence.

Reactions: AlexanderFan

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
I think we need a running back. Nobody has any idea if Sanders will play again (and if so, will he be what he looked like that last game) and if Keilan does not come back, we are down to 3 freshman from this year and possibly Brian Robinson, Jr. That does not give me great confidence.
If it ain't wheaton, it's not happening .

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I think that McClellan is going to turn out to be a great RB.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
I agree jmac looks good but so does roydell. I just don't think we need a back this year. Here's a question, would you take wheaton over JTT, or tunmise or turner or thomas the receiver, because it comes down to just that. And i didn't mention sorey who some pretty smart guys here say he has a commitable offer.

Last edited:
Reactions: TiderJack

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I hope you guys are right.

But I'm curious. We've seen little to none of either on the field.....what makes you so confident?
I base my feeling about McClennan on comments that other Alabama players have made about him. They compare him to Jacobs, and say he has breakaway speed. Add his size and you have a young man who is physically ready to compete in the SEC.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
I agree jmac looks good but so does roydell. I just don't think we need a back this year. Here's a question, would you take wheaton over JTT, or tunmise or turner or thomas the receiver, because it comes down to just that. And i didn't mention sorey who some pretty smart guys here say he has a commitable offer.
Just personally, no, not this year, particularly if any of these D linemen look to be " can`t miss ". I don`t think you can have too many quality O or D linemen. You win or lose, most times, with what happens up front. JMO.

Reactions: The Ols

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Just personally, no, not this year, particularly if any of these D linemen look to be " can`t miss ". I don`t think you can have too many quality O or D linemen. You win or lose, most times, with what happens up front. JMO.
The problem is that every d lineman is, “can’t miss,” but only a few of them truly are, “can’t miss.”

Reactions: The Ols

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
The problem is that every d lineman is, “can’t miss,” but only a few of them truly are, “can’t miss.”
True. It’s just incredibly difficult to sort out how much of their high school success was a function of lesser competition, and how much it will translate into the SEC.

Then you have the mental factor — after being the best athlete on the field their whole lives, will they put in the work needed for a successful transition to competing against, and beating, SEC offensive lines?

Even the best evaluator of talent in the country, Nick Saban, has trouble making those assessments consistently accurate.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I hope you guys are right.

But I'm curious. We've seen little to none of either on the field.....what makes you so confident?
I am confident since just about every RB we have ever recruited and played for us has been very good or great. McClellan was a one time 5* committed to OU before flipping to us. Roydell played in at Hueytown in Birmingham and was very good against excellent 6A and 7A competition. I understand you can't base it off of their HS performances but they are at Bama for a reason.

Guido

All-SEC
Feb 24, 2017
What if I told you, that according to their rankings, Jonathan Allen and DeShawn Hand could be considered disappointments with their production at Alabama?
Hand probably but allen? I remember him making a lot of plays for us but it did take him awhile to get going.

Reactions: TiderJack

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
What if I told you, that according to their rankings, Jonathan Allen and DeShawn Hand could be considered disappointments with their production at Alabama?
Yes on Hand but you are incredibly wrong on Allen. He was an All-American, won the Lombardi and Bednarik awards and was a 1st round draft pick. What if I told you the ranking services were on point with 5* A'shawn Robinson and Daron Payne also.

Reactions: UAllday
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.